Swiftcurrent Creek Only dark skies that hang above
I'm a Ghost of a Girl that I want to be Most
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Private 

More had joined them, taking the ranks beside Constantine. She was unsure of these wolves, mostly because she didn't know them and no one filled her in on things. She heard whispers scurry about but that was about it as most of her time was spent on her daughter who was also growing up way too fast. It made her sad, not having anyone to care for, but she knew that after her previous blunder she'd be kept far away from any male when her next heat did come. She wouldn't betray their rules again.

The young ocean spirit dug her nose in the fresh snow, flipping it up to just watch it flop down again. She felt kind of cold. Even with Eilonwy she was pretty alone, abandoned by her own and stranded at the Creek with no one to share her troubles with. Even her most loyal friends had decided to leave her behind, perhaps that's why she clung so much to her daughter. She couldn't leave... She was her blood.
I'm a Shell of a Girl that I used to know Well
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
Grief had changed him a little--had kept him from seeking any kind of company lately, preferring to sulk instead. But this morning as he awoke to the chilling truth that he may never see his mate again, he decided that he wouldn't let his sadness define him anymore. He had given himself some time to fall apart and now he needed to start putting himself back together again. So when the fresh scent of his packmate filled his nose as he explored the territory, he decided to follow it to its source. 

He found the dark woman as she dug her nose into the snow and pulled it back out seemingly for no reason, the white substance speckling her otherwise black muzzle. Kavik released a deep chuff as he neared and dipped his head in greeting as he came to stand in front of his new packmate, hoping she was up for some company.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Chusi was often found with her head in the clouds, lost in thought somewhere. A year or so ago it was all good things that kept her mind spinning so rapidly, but the past year had changed her. Her boyfriend got eaten by a bear, someone she trusted impregnated her without her even knowing what she was doing, all of her friends left the pack and her kid ran away. It was more than anyone her age should be able to handle, but the Fearghal was a tough girl. She was too dumb to think about most of the bad things, still too naive to know the world wasn't fair. Clinging on to hope, to Eilonwy and the Creek, was the only thing she could do at this point.

Oh! She almost yipped. The baritone voice of a stranger had frightened her ever so slightly, but when she saw it was one of the new wolves she had just been thinking about she smiled her usual smile. Hiya. She greeted in return, quick to gather her composure and take on a more submissive stance. She took a moment to study him; big and strong with the same colorless complexion as her, but with eyes that resembled sunlit fields in the middle of spring. Her own lovely ocher ones were lost in them for a while before she cleared her throat and looked away. I'm sorry - I don't believe we've met before. She grinned. I'm Fearghal - Chusi Fearghal.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
It seemed he had settled her a little. I apologize, I did not mean to startle you, he said, dipping his head once more in apology. He hadn't had much contact with most of the wolves here, aside from Myrren, and he was honestly ashamed of himself. How could he expect to lead at Constantine's side if was too caught up with his own selfish problems. He held her gaze confidently but with no pressure to submit, but she looked away anyway. I am Kavik, he offered, kindness in his eyes as he kept them focused on the similarly-colored woman. He suspected that his sudden alphaship here might ruffle some feathers, and he wouldn't blame any of them for guarding their loyalty until he proved himself fit for the task. He would do whatever his new wolves needed to ensure them that they could trust in him as their leader. I'm sorry we have not officially met until now, he offered, feeling guilty once again that he had not been as attentive to his duties as he knew he was capable of.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
She was sort of indifferent to the whole leadership thing. She didn't approve of it, that was for sure, but knew that her voice mattered little in the pack. She hadn't been an omega for so long for nothing. She had violated the rules she had been raised with and they were kind enough to not kill her babies or her for that matter.

Nice ta meetcha. She chipped, her face not giving away she had been thinking bad thoughts. She tried to find a topic to discuss that had nothing to do with what was troubling her, ultimately landing on simple small talk. Ya like it here? She asked carefully.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He dipped his head politely towards his new packmate. Nice to meet you too, he offered. Her next question was difficult for him to answer. He had no problems with the creek or its original inhabitants, but his recent mistakes and the fall of his pack on the plateau had painted his time here with guilt and depression. Still, he wouldn't say he disliked it here, at least not for any reasons that weren't his own fault. So far, I have no complaints, he replied, and it was mostly the truth; he at least had no complaints about the creek or any of his packmates. Kavik only had complaints about his own lack of control and recent poor decisions regarding a certain woman he was supposed to have protected. 

What about you? he asked next, eager to remove the spotlight from himself. How do you like it here? He was curious to know how the creek's original members felt about the pack anyway.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Spoke with Tony who plays Eilonwy and Eilonwy is on a small trip outside of Teekon but let Chusi know

He seemed alright in Chusi's book. He was much like Constantine, but maybe that was just because she didn't know either of them very well. She sighed softly. She had bottled up her feelings long enough now, she found.

Don't take this tha wrong way but... She started, her smile fading and her form drooping like the long fur around her neck. All mah friends are gone 'n now mah little baby's grown up 'n explorin' on her own. Mah other one got lost when he was just a few moons old 'n I'm just... lonely. She admitted. If wolves were able to cry she would be by now, face tipped down to the ground. Way to kill the mood, Chus.
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He listened quietly while she spoke, expression curving into one of concern as he processed her words. He could certainly relate. He wasn't lonely in quite the same way she was, having been close to his packmates back on the plateau, and having most of those same packmates follow him here. His loneliness stemmed from being trapped in his own guilt and anxiety. The negative thoughts had a way of making him feel isolated even when surrounded by others, and so he supposed that it probably felt the same as actually being alone. I am sorry, Chusi, he offered first. It must be hard being here and not really having anyone you consider yourself to be close with, Kavik consoled, the concern already present in his expression deepening. Is there any way I might be able to help? he asked. He wasn't sure he could replace her family or friends that had left, but he could at least be someone she could talk to whenever she needed it.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
At least he didn't call her a crybaby for confessing how she had been feeling at the Creek ever since Eilonwy grew up. Perhaps he could... No, that would be way too demanding. If last year it was only out of the goodness of their hearts that she was allowed to keep her children then there was no way they'd simply let her now. Then again, she had been with them for moons now. Slowly but surely, she had become one of the core members of their pack. She wet her lips as her salmon tongue went over them, preparing for the request she was about to make.

Excuse mah boldness, I don't mean to be rude... She started. But, I would really love to have some children of mah own again...
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He couldn't say he was too surprised by her request; it was what most wolves wanted, right? A family of their own? Even if his own upcoming brood was made out of a lapse in judgement on his part, he would be happy to have children of his own finally. He dipped his head a little. You are not being rude, he began. I do not mind if you have a litter this year, he finished, hoping it might lift her spirits some. Maybe then his own children would have other children to make friends with? He shuffled a little on his front feet. Um, good luck in that endeavor, he offered, unsure what else to say on the matter. He was pretty sure what he had managed to come up with was probably the most uncomfortable thing to have said, but it was out now.
I'm no good without you
653 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Ranger
Away
Her ocher eyes lit up and the rest of her face soon followed. She hadn't expected a yes, that much was clear. She didn't know whether to hug him or keep her composure and act all cool and respectful. She was a woman now, what did they do when they were ecstatic? But now the silence was too long to jump up in joy, it would make it all more awkward than it already was with Kavik's weird comment. T-Thank ya. She sputtered, a bit flabbergasted. Can I - May I... Ya need a hug?
**Join THE VELINGAR!**
963 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Guardian
He could tell his answer made her happy, and he was glad to see it. Of course, he said in response to her thanks, although her gratitude was unnecessary; he was not the type of alpha to refuse his packmates breeding rights if they wanted them. To her request, his eyebrows raised in surprise. Um, sure, he said a little awkwardly. A hug would be nice. He was never one to ever ask for comfort even when it was clear he needed it, but when she offered, he found he couldn't say no. And if it helped her feel better as well, then that was even better.
I'm no good without you