Deepwood Weald the only ring i want buried with me are the ones around my eyes
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
He stirs slowly, roused by the harsh beating of wind and snow against the den's exterior. Consciousness comes to him in pieces, and as he wakes bit by bit he tucks himself closer to the dark figure wrapped around him. He presses his face more deeply into @Midar's fur, inhaling his scent and savoring the moment. After a few beats, he pulls away slightly to study the other with a slightly lovestruck expression, noting that the den is only dimly lit. The morning is still young, and the storm raging outside has suffocated much of the scant early sunlight. It might as well be evening, he thinks, yawning and burying his face in his lover's fur once again. At least he's in his favorite spot.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He wasn't sure if it was the gust of wind outside or the feeling of his lover moving against him that woke him from his dreamless sleep, but it didn't matter. His eyes opened, taking a few seconds to adjust to their dim surroundings as he stretched his front legs a little. He felt Alarian burrow into his fur, and as another gust of wind howled outside, the beast tightened around him, finding an ear and offering it a few gentle licks. Morning, he whispered in his low, raspy morning voice. There was nothing that made him happier than the fact that Alarian was here curled up against him. It scared him sometimes how content moments like this felt. He wasn't used to being happy. But the beast didn't linger on the thought very long, not in the mood to deal with the darkness this morning. Plus, it was still early, and they had plenty of time to hide in here and pretend they had nothing else to do. Midar slowly moved his nose through his lover's fur, inhaling deeply the scent that would surely be etched into his memory forever.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He whines softly as he feels Midar stirring against him, releasing a breath when he feels his lover's tongue against his ear. A shiver runs through him and he presses a little more tightly to the other, smiling faintly into his fur at the greeting. Good morning, He mumbles, voice muffled, and nips playfully at Midar's fur. I think I would freeze to death without you. He really means it; his own coat is thin, ill-suited to winter's frigid temperatures, and he often struggles to keep himself warm in the night. Or, he did — before he had Midar.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
A low chuckle rumbled from his chest at Alarian's statement, and he offered a playful nip to his ear in return. I guess we'll just have to stay in here for a while, then, he replied, gaze flicking towards the fast-falling snow outside. He was warm and comfortable where they were, and he couldn't really think of anything right now that would pull him from his spot curled around his lover. And, I think many things in my life would be severely lacking without you, Midar added, eyes falling from the den opening to rest on what he could see of Alarian's face. It was the truth, and he had no trouble admitting it here.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
His lover's first statement draws a smile to his face, while the second brings a rush of heat. His gaze lowers briefly as his ears heat, but he glances back up quickly, eyes sparkling with warmth and affection. I love you, He says abruptly, fervently, leaning forward to trace Midar's jawline with gentle, lazy kisses. He's certain that he's never felt anything this intense for another wolf before, and he finds it rather intimidating — but it's difficult to dwell on any negative thought with Midar so close.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He didn't think he would ever get tired of hearing those words from Alarian. And the kisses to his jaw caused a tightening in his stomach, as it did every time his love kissed him there. Midar closed his eyes and swallowed. I love you too, he whispered through the intoxicating feeling of Alarian's affection. He expected the intensity to lessen eventually, but evey time they were close, it was like he just couldn't control himself. It made him crazy, but it also created a deep fear of losing what they had. Be my mate. The words came out breathless and before he had a chance to really process what he was saying. Not that he didn't want his lover to be his in such an official fashion, but he was suddenly afraid of ruining such a tender moment. But it was too late now, and he waited, somewhat frozen, to see how Alarian would react to his proposal.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
A smile tugs at his lips at Midar's reciprocation, and he pauses to offer another playful nip between kisses. His muzzle travels lazily through his lover's fur, stopping to preen gently at the place between his ear and cheek. He finds himself so intoxicated by Midar's scent that he almost misses his next words. Almost. His heart clenches and he pauses, pulling away slightly to look at Midar as the phrase turns over and over in his mind. Be my mate. It isn't something he'd ever expected to hear from his lover — or anyone, really.
Your — mate? The words spill from him before he can stop them, and he swallows hard, glancing away briefly. It'd never occurred to him that anyone might want to be shackled to him forever; what if Midar decides one day that he's made a mistake? He can't help but wonder, too, if either of them are even the marriage type; he's never given the concept much thought, too deep in his assumption that it could never happen. Even now, the idea seems so far-fetched that he can't help adding: Me? He swallows the urge to question Midar further, gaze flitting over his features a little anxiously as he waits for his lover to confess that he'd been joking, or that perhaps he hadn't thought it through entirely before saying it. There's no way this is real.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He met Alarian's gaze when he pulled back, not liking the fact that his affection had ceased. The other man's words were uncertain, like he didn't quite understand what Midar had asked. He watched his lover's expression, not really sure how he was feeling and wishing he could read his mind; it was painful not knowing whether or not he would accept. Then he questioned Midar's wanting him, which made absolutely no sense to the beast. Hadn't he dragged him here when he wanted to leave the sound to be with his family? And hadn't he literally just finished proclaiming his love for the scarred male? Why then was it so hard for him to believe that Midar wanted to be with him forever? Yes, you, he answered, slightly exasperated. Do you not want the same thing? he asked, frowning. He was afraid he wouldn't get the answer he wanted; the painful thought made anger start to burn in his chest, and the only thing keeping him calm right now was the possibility that Alarian could still agree to his proposal.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Guilt flashes through him at the emotion in Midar's features, and he finds himself looking anywhere but at him as he speaks. He doesn't know how to answer the question; it's never been a relevant decision to him until now, so he has no conclusion readily available. He doesn't know if he wants to be married any more than he knows if he wants to go jet skiing in Dubai. Midar, I — He swallows, suddenly feeling as if the air has left his lungs. He can't make a decision now, not with Midar here and looking at him like that. He pulls away, rising abruptly and moving for the entrance of the den. I need to think. He mumbles over his shoulder as he flees, ears burning with guilt and shame as he forces himself out into the winter storm. He just needs some time away; time to think.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Alarian didn't answer his question; he just stood up and began to move towards the den opening. Alarian, he said, the word twisted with confusion and pain. Rejection was not something Midar processed well, and he could feel his chest moving too quickly as his breathing grew shallow and fast. He said he needed to think, and then he was gone. Midar was frozen for a few moments, trying to understand how such a peaceful and content morning had suddenly become so fucked up. What did he mean he needed to think? What was there to think about? The beast stood, ready to go after him, but what would he say? He was frozen again, but this time with indecision as he stared out into the falling snow. 

Fuck, he growled, the sound filling the empty den. Nothing was ever easy with Alarian.