Tuktu Weir more like tuktu weirD amirite
4 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
He'd be lying if he said he had a plan. Did he really need one at this point? He didn't need to provide a reason for wanderlust. You gonna tell his mom? Nice try, she's dead.

Deaglan was old, and every step he took was a reminder of it. It was funny how fast time went by. He could have sworn he was just a yearling yesterday, going by the snappy name of "Bracken," causing trouble and chasing tail. (Not that he couldn't and didn't do that now, just on a slower and smaller scale.) Then suddenly he woke up and his bones ached and it took a lifetime to piss in the morning. 

Yeah, getting old was a goddamn bitch. 

So maybe this was his last hurrah. One last shot at seeing the world and living out his glory days. He deserved it, after all this time. And you bet your ass he was gonna milk it for all it was worth.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
One couldn't tell that it was high noon with the looming clouds above obstructing the sunlight and it's much missed warmth. In fact it was as if nightfall had struck early, for there was not a creature in sight for miles around as the earth fell still in the overcast shadows.

But as time ticked away into the snowy landscape a body, grey and weathered, tore into the scene and stole away the paragon's attention. He held his gaze among the silver streaked wayfarer for roughly a minute before he found himself curious to know who exactly had crossed his path. And so after a brief moment of hesitation, Sanguinus rose to close the distance between the himself and the stranger as the wind roared in air amidst them. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
monthly goal - reach 100 posts
4 Posts
Ooc —
He'd taken too many trips on this rock 'round the sun to greet the stranger with anything other than wariness. Built burly and handsome; those types were always trouble. Many seasons younger than himself, too.

Once upon a time, Deaglan would have welcomed a fight. Now, knowing he'd get his arthritic ass kicked if teeth were bared, he came to a halt and raised an iron-hued brow at the man, ears swiveling forward atop his head. 

Yeah? he asked, sounding slightly annoyed but not unfriendly. Some had resting bitch face; Deaglan had resting bitch voice. Cross to bear, he supposed. Can I help you?
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
Has he drew near and the finer features of the grizzled man came into view, the fire that had fueled Sang forward quickly dwindled to a meek flame. "Probably not, you're far too old to be of any use to me." Perhaps he could have found a more subtle way of getting his point across but he had always lacked a filter and a way with words was not in his particular skillset.

Still, he thought he was being polite by not wasting the man's precious time since he obviously had a limited amount left before he finally kicked the bucket. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
4 Posts
Ooc —
A snort of laughter escaped his nostrils, and he shook his head, staring bemusedly at the whippersnapper more youthful specimen. You and me both, kiddo, Deaglan remarked, voice dry. 

But you could've just walked on by, and instead you decided to come up and say hello. I'm getting the feeling you're not the type for unsolicited greetings, he mused. So I'll try it a different way--what do you want?

Okay, maybe a bit too salty. But you bring out the snark, and the Blackthorn would dish it right back. It was a goddamn treasured family tradition.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
Normally he'd hold his tongue and continue on his way never to give the older man a second a thought. However the freedom he currently held presented him with a rare opportunity of being himself without having to truly worry about the repercussions of his choices. "I'd like a four course meal and a nice back massage but you don't really look like the type to cater." 

One might believe his words were genuine if only they held an once of emotion within them. But, alas, they did not and any playfulness that might have been intend was lost in stoicism and insensitivity. "I never knew saying hello was such a crime. I would not have interrupted had I been aware." 
3-3-3
9/10 threads
4 Posts
Ooc —
Deaglan rolled his eyes, now beyond annoyed with this guy. All right, I've gotta go, he said, voice clearly surly. I've only got so much time left in this world, and I'm not gonna waste it on you. Toodles.

If the young man made a move to stop him, the Blackthorn supposed he would fight back. As it was, Deaglan was more interested in getting the fuck out of Dodge (wherever the hell Dodge was, anyway). He had much better things to do than this.

He began to walk away, legs stiff.
98 Posts
Ooc — (►.◄)
Sanguinus wasn't bother by the obvious annoyance in the grizzled man's tone or in the way he began his departure quite abruptly. After all he'd only come to investigate the wandering fellow and having received what information he needed, made no attempt at stopping the stanger during his leave.

Instead he simply watched the man's fleeting form and once a good distance away, gave a courteous dip of his maw before spinning on his heels and heading back in the direction wince came. Perhaps if he was fortunate enough he would find shelter before the looming storm made quick work of the landscape but, given his unfamiliarity with the area, was unsure of how difficult a task that would actually be. 
3-3-3
9/10 threads