Deepwood Weald drawn with a team of little atomi
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
All Welcome 

It seems things have changed, since she last spoke to her grandson. After wandering a bit, she follows his scent here—mingled with others; some familiar, some not. Was their stay in the mountains really so abbreviated?

All the better that the family can be all together, she supposes. 

The crone lifts her head at the edge of the trees and howls, summoning whoever is in charge here as well as Midar. It reminds her somewhat of the forest where her sister's body rests, and she finds peace in the similarity. Megara is not comfortable enough to sit, but she relaxes somewhat, easing the stiff set of her shoulders with a sigh.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Tulugak by her side, Nyx returned from her hunt with a fresh kill dangling from between her teeth. It wasn't much, but she had managed to kill another plump hare and stored it somewhere where she knew others would look. She surprisingly liked surprising others. Gifts, trinkets, kindness without clear motive. But not to everyone of course. So when the call echoed through the Weald, she went back to being predictable.

She padded towards the border where, upon spotting the older woman, she already knew what she was dealing with. tinted coat, Indigo eyes, dyed pawprint... This was a Melonii alright. It was due to this assumption she was less on guard and approached with the slightest of smiles. Greetings. Nyx said, speckled tail high in the air but her stance quite modest. It was then she looked around, one torn ear and one intact swiveling about atop her head as she waited nearly impatiently for Damien and whoever else had heard the call.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He was unsure where @Alarian was currently, and so he took to patrolling the borders to ease his restless energy. The somewhat maddening periods of time where his lover disappeared to sulk or whatever he was doing had become a lot less frequent much to Midar's relief. He had spent most of the last few days with the scarred male, so he couldn't say he was exactly surprised that he was no where to be seen right now. 

A familiar scent caught his attention as he padded silently along the edge of the territory and intrigued, he quickly moved towards its source. Nyx had beat him there, and he came to stand next to his leader, dipping his head in greeting towards the woman who claimed to be his grandmother. You came, he said, not as a question but as an observation. He was glad to have more Melonni's join them of course, but he wondered what it would mean for him to have her here? Would she push him to remember what his brain refused to give him? That would surely push him away, and he didn't want that; even though he didn't remember Megara as kin, he still felt a yearning to know her.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
I'm assuming Midar would have told him already about his encounter with Meg.. I can change it if that's too much

While he didn't know what she was up to, Damien tried to give his woman time for hersef. He knew how she enjoyed spending time with her feathered friend, and so he'd spent the time she went away to sort out some thoughts about his new group. How was ge going to organize them? Who would help him do it? Would he allow others the chance to breed or would he reserve the rights to him and his lover only?

But all those thoughts faded when he saw her sulking shadow throught the mist. Nyx had caught another hare, and Damien stalked her with the intention of trying to surprise her. But a call in the distance mader turn around and him lose his train of thought and without thinking it twice theu both went to answer it. When he caught up with her Nyx had already found the caller and Midar was also there. Was he growing slower? Was he getting fat? He actually didn't have more than two seconds to think of that because against all odds the one that summoned them to the borders turned out to be yet another Melonii. By Midar's comment Damien already had an idea of who this was.

Damien positioned himself between Nyx and Midar, brushing past his lover's shoulder We've been expecting you. he said to the older woman with a faint smile, but really all his excitement and joy for seeing yet another look so much like his mother came mostly through his eyes.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
The girl that comes first is so unspeakably lovely, almost taking Megara's breath away if she wasn't so used to beauty. After all, she herself had once been something like this--something of youthful value. Still, she gives the young woman an elegant nod and a smile, and then Midar appears, and her gaze is only for her grandson, so strong and fit.

I did, she answers succinctly, but the pleasure both to see him and to be here is clear on her face. They are joined, soon, by another, a broad dark man with eyes the color of the snow. Still, she does not miss the markings of the Brotherhood upon him, and straightens, giving him the respect a Dark Brother deserves.

Have you? Megara asks, her voice slightly coy and more than inquisitive. I'm assuming, then, that Midar has told you who I am. Nevertheless, it would be rude of me not to introduce myself. I am Megara Melonii. Sister to Meldresi. . .who I understand is quite well known in these parts, she adds, with a wry smile.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Right - she had almost forgotten they were expecting a lady. Luckily she hadn't asked for Megara's identity, that might've struck a wrong chord already. Damien and Midar were quick to join her and she nodded in greeting though she brushed up against her lover ever so slightly before her attention returned to Megara.

The woman speaks of Meldresi and Nyx is left a little speechless. She knew who Meldresi was, what she meant to both Blackfeather Woods, the Meloniis and most importantly to Damien - but she had never met her in person. She had passed away long before Nyx was even born and she had yet to ask about her at all. What was the legendary Meldresi like? Would she live up to the standards set by her? She suddenly felt rather undeserving of her place next to Damien, self conscious about not being a Melonii herself and now they had the sister of their former leader... Damien wouldn't replace her, right?

It is a pleasure to finally meet you, Megara. She commented politely. I am Nyx. Would she judge her if she told she wasn't part of their family? Would she even be deemed worthy at all if she told she was just some Apaata?
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Fine with me! <3

Midar met her gaze, holding it and seeing it written on her face that she was happy to see him. It was strange to see that in someone he barely knew--or didn't remember knowing. He knew he should remember her, and it was frustrating that even standing in front of her, looking into her eyes, he still had no memory of who she was to him. The beast looked away, not wishing to get angry here in front of his leaders.

He listened silently through the introductions, ears perking slightly at the mention of Meldresi. He had heard the name a few times since coming here, of course. It was just another reminder of what he should know and didn't. He suddenly wished for this meeting to be over; it was becoming too much, just like every other time he was faced with the part of him that was lost. He remained silent and still, though, hopefully hiding his discomfort as he waited.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Midar had been more than explicit about who Megara was... To him. The younger male had told Damien that they were expecting the arrival of his grandmother, who he'd met by chance in the wilderness. But when Megara herself explained how exactly she was tied to the Melonii family Damien's jaw dropped a mile. Megara was yet another sister of Meldresi, just like Miraak had turned out to be, which precisely meant that she was Damien's own aunt. By his experience with Meldresi's siblings, Damien's expectations of Megara immediately rocketed to possibly unreachable standards, because both his mother and Miraak had proven to be exceptional individuals with unique and unparalleled abilities.

I am Damien Mehrunes Melonii. Meldresi's firstborn and heir, revealed Damien proudly, and although he couldn't wait to ask more about his mother's past before Blackfeather he knew he had an image to uphold. Welcome home, he said dedicating a charming smile to his aunt. Maybe Midar can get you settled and we can introduce you to the rest of us later. I'm sure you'd like to get some rest after your travels? he suggested, but all of that was up to her.
80 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Midar she knew, and now Nyx was a name she would keep in mind as well. Her mouth curved wider still as the man introduced himself as the firstborn son of her sister—her nephew. She looked him over, not hiding her approval. He was the look of her (save the eyes, which were a stark white) but much bigger, a perfect male version of Meldresi. She wondered if their personalities ran similar, as well.

What a pleasure to meet you, Damien Mehrunes, Megara said, dipping her head in greeting while using both names (the Daedric addition pleased her, as well). And you as well, Nyx, she murmured in addition, turning her indigo gaze to the young woman. She was tired, though loath to admit it, and nodded.

Yes, I think some rest will be good, at least for now, the old rogue said, her voice suddenly businesslike but tinged with weariness. But we will talk. I must pester you about my sister's time here, Megara said teasingly, grinning at Damien. She looked at Midar. Will you show me to the dens, grandson? She was looking forward to a long, languorous sleep.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Megara seemed like the sweet yet pushy grandma type. Old-school and all that. Nyx wasn't sure how to feel about her yet. It was great Midar had more family and that they now had a new Melonii in their ranks, but she still felt rather left out. She would try and get to know Damien's family better, but for now would stick closely to the wolves she already knew.

Nyx nodded promptly and with a brush against her lover turned to leave if she wasn't needed anymore.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He listened quietly, eyes drifting to each speaker as introductions were made. Damien suggested that he get his grandmother settled, and the beast nodded once in acceptance. Alright, this way, he responded to Megara's request, turning to head into the territory. He waited to make sure she was following before he started to move but said nothing else. He didn't know what exactly she expected of him, but he was fairly certain he didn't have much to offer other than a brain of fragmented nonsense where his memories should be. Still, she was family, and so she had his respect. His loyalty would take more time, but his family was far more likely to earn it than most.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
She accepted Damien's suggestion as he had expected, and then excused herself, not without first setting up a future meeting with him to talk about Meldresi. Damien couldn't be more delighted to share his memories with his aunt, and so he nodded and said of course, quite happy that Megara was there to make the place feel more like home.

Midar was quick to take charge of the situation and lead his grandmother to the denning area, and with that Damien deemed the meeting finished. He turned to look at his mate with satisfaction and nudged her to follow him back to their fortress.