Dragoncrest Cliffs shoot for the moon; if you miss you will die in outer space, which is cool
we don't need another ruler
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
All Welcome 
Set the night of the lunar eclipse!

It is late and Mallaidh is restless. She and Blixen had fallen asleep in Hougeda, tucked near some other wolves, but for the first time the biting cold gets to her. It keeps her awake, twitching and uncomfortable. She can’t find a good position to save her life.

Eventually, she gives up.

Carefully, she untangles herself and quietly leaves behind those she’d bunked with for the night and disappears from the cavern. Out in the open, she glances up. The sky is clear, the stars are bright and the moon… she blinks a few times. The moon is full except for the one side, where something has started to take it over. Her mouth hangs open a few seconds, looking back down to her surroundings. No one else is out and she has no one’s attention to bring it to. Her ears flatten and she starts to move around the lake, slipping through the tree-line into the redwoods, and takes the familiar path to the den of fallen trees.
i'd give anything to hear you say it one more time
that the universe was made just to be seen by my eyes
the world is cold and life's not fair
64 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Isleña had not taken to being so close with the others, so quickly. She kept mostly to herself, and spoke only to herself, in her language that only she understood. Isleña found that she was her own best company, despite Aure and Verx’s best efforts. So she slept alone and she ate alone, and even in those few moments when she was not alone physically, Isleña was still, mentally, very alone.

In the dark of night, this alone-ness did not feel so awkward, and she did not feel like such a spectacle. The girl who could not speak. The idiot who had never learned the common tongue. There were so many reasons that she would be an outsider, and Isleña chose to focus on and belabor every single one of them so that it affected her more than it ever probably should.

Isleña walked around the heart of the lands, perhaps seeking to sneak something tasty from the chilled winter caches. Instead, she found Mallaidh. Not expecting to see anyone out this late, Isleña’s sleuthing had been reduced to a clumsy traipse, and Isleña was certain she had been heard, if not seen. Seeing no way around it, for it was such odd circumstances, the banshee lowered her crown, approached, and chuffed.
common tongue    |    hover for translation
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
Mallaidh isn’t paying much attention to her immediate surroundings, absently thinking about the weird feelings she’s never really had before. There’s a new anxiety moving in just around the corner but she doesn’t know what it is or what it’s there and something in her gut tells her it’s Something Bad. And the way the moon looks? Coincidence? I Think Not.

She jerks when Isleña seemingly just… comes out of nowhere. Mallaidh bites back a stifled gasp and glares at the dark woman.

“God,” she mumbles, shaking her head and coat. Get it together. “What are you doing out here?”
64 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Isleña did not really receive the greeting she was expecting. The startled girl whirled upon her and questioned her, asking her what she was doing there despite having every right to exist there, at that moment. Isleña did not answer immediately, tactfully biting her tongue to keep unkind sentiments from offending the very wolf who had invited her into Drageda. In the end, what she could correctly verbalize ended up being “Walk…” and when she felt that explanation did not suffice, she supplemented with “Night, is nice.” but Mallaidh was undoubtedly on edge, and was probably more deserving of the questions regarding her nocturnal ventures. “But you?” Isleña inquired, cocking her head inquisitively to denote that she was turning the question back around on her.
all my friends are kings
956 Posts
Ooc —
Tactician
To her surprise, the wolf makes a few more words than she had the first time she met her. She wonders how she’s settling into the pack and assumes some other wolves are helping her—or maybe she’s coming out of her shell with what she knows—but she is glad to be able… to find a better way to communicate.

Though on edge, she tries to relax and shifts a bit. “It is nice,” she agrees and points up with her nose and how weird the moon looks. She wants to avoid the question about herself but she’s too compelled the answer, turning back toward the dark woman.

“I can’t really sleep.”
64 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
gibberish. literally gibberish.

Isleña’s gaze followed Mallaidh’s, and she glimpsed the moon doing the weird thing, and her mouth fell open in disbelief. She had never been an avid night-dweller before now, and never really stared at the moon for any reason other than to know when a month had passed, but this night the giant sphere which loomed in the sky was acting strange. It almost seemed as if it was disappearing. Immediately concerned for the state of the universe and the future of all humanity, Isleña mumbled a question to the sky. “Mun? M-moon?” Then, she turned to the night-girl, as if she held all of the answers. “Why is do?”