Honeyed Pasture Pull the trigger, and the nightmare stops
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
All Welcome 

This was about as far out as Zodiac wandered from the coast. For some reason, he needed the water to feel whole. The longer he spent away from the soothing waves of the ocean, the harder it became to breath or really even find reasons to keep breathing in the first place. The spirit of a wanderer was still buried deep inside somewhere under all the darkness and tonight, it had urged him to leave the bay and explore a little--maybe take his mind off of everything; it wasn't like he could really sleep anyway.

The plains he moved through were covered in a thick blanket of snow. It absorbed the moonlight and reflected it back out, making the ground have an almost iridescent glow. The damaged man barely even noticed it, too used to trying to block most things out in the fear that they might trigger some kind of terrible flashback. Eventually, he came to some deer tracks in the snow. He lowered his nose to the ground to inspect the scent and the faint smell told him that they were more than a few hours old. Lifting his head, he moved forward once again, quietly scanning the ground in front of him for anything of interest.
Took the breath from my open mouth
Never known how it broke me down
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau had found herself injured after the disastrous encounter with a stranger wolf. She'd been traveling when suddenly as if from nowhere the male struck her. She'd luckily escaped with her life but the event left her reasonably shaken. Her body ached from a combination of the frigid cold air and the exertion from fighting. Her shoulder was raw and though she cleaned the wound with her tongue she knew she needed something better to make sure infection wouldn't set in.

Cadeau shivered involuntarily as she walk, favoring one leg over the other three. She hoped there were no wolves out here, after that scrap she was content with being alone for the rest of her days. Wolves... the halfling grunted to herself softly, annoyed and distressed. Though she shared kin with them she feared them, her own out of control instincts were scary as is to her. That fight only made her more unsure of what to make of her heritage.

Enough... forget it for now. We need to find that ocean Illidan mentioned before. Salt water was good for disinfecting wounds and Cadeau hoped to the high heavens she wasn't lost.
Half-breed, that's all I ever heard
Half-breed, how I learned to hate the word
Half-breed, she's no good they warned
Both sides were against me since the day I was born
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
The scent of a stranger soon interrupted his quite exploration and halted his steps. Frozen in place, he fought against the panic rising in his stomach as he searched around him almost frantically to identify the the intruder. 

Too many pairs of eyes surrounding him. There's nowhere to escape. The undeniable feeling that this was probably the last thing he would ever see before his life was snuffed.

He shook his head, swallowing hard and forcing the memories away so that he could at least focus on the more present danger. He didn't even realize his breathing had become so fast until the quick movements of his chest caught his attention from the corner of his eye. He inhaled deeply through his nose a few times, still looking for whoever belonged to the scent before his ocean gaze finally settled on the form in the distance. He watched as she approached, still unable to move and definitely unable to say anything. Part of him wanted to bolt, but he was too rooted in place by his panic, so he just stood there and stared at the stranger.    
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Little did the stranger would know Cadeau shared his skittish sentiments, as the farther she stepped the stronger the familiar scent of wolf had become. Her need for ocean water though kept her from turning tail and getting out of the area, hoping that perhaps this wolf would steer clear of her. Then again maybe her injury would make her seem weak, an easy target for a surprise attack... Her mind flashed to the fight and she shivered. 

Cadeau could see his eyes glinting in the lowlight as she sought out where the stranger was. There was something of a stare down as Cadeau swallowed a nervous ball of spit. She rotated her ears, stance neither hostile nor welcoming. Suddenly her shoulder ached terribly and with a wince, Cadeau hunkered down slightly.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He was too frozen with fear to notice much about the woman, but he did notice her slight shift in body language. Zodiac thought that even if she wanted to hurt him, she probably couldn't do much damage to him. Still, he was a little irritated to have had his solitude interrupted and by the fact that she still had not said anything. He was far too concerned about his own shit to even reason that she might also be just as alarmed at the presence of a stranger as he was. So, he stiffened a little more, making himself even taller as he stared the stranger down. What do you want? he demanded. Whatever her intentions were, he wished she would make them known now.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
[I am so sorry about the delay, I've been super uninspired and then forgot jxtxixurdursurdyrys]

She could see the strange wolf was jumpy as it was clear as sunshine, of course she probably looked no better with the memory of the fight she was in fresh on her mind. His voice, harsh as it demanded a reply from her, met her flattened ears. She hoped her next words would calm the both of them down, or at least not get her killed. "Nothing involving you, I promise. You just spooked me. I'm... I'm injured and looking for the ocean. I can't do anything to you nor would I want to."
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He stared at her for a few moments, unsure what to do or say. Her body language seemed to match her words, and he felt like maybe he could trust that she really meant no harm. Plus if she was injured, how much could she actually do? And she had mentioned the ocean, which had him interested despite himself. 

His head lifted a fraction, and he gave her a guarded but curious look. why are you looking for the ocean? he asked. Did she know someone there who could help her with her injury? His cerulean eyes still held some suspicion as he watched her, waiting to see how she answered before he made up his mind on the stranger.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
He seemed to relax some and it made Cadeau repeat the action, feeling some tension leaving her sore bones. At his question, she spoke. "Salt is good for disinfecting wounds," Cadeau told him as she brandished her bloodied shoulder to him. "I don't know what that wolf could be carrying but I would rather not find out and clean this puppy out. Saliva isn't very clean, you know?" Cadeau gave the male a strained smile, suppressing a nervous shiver. She was afraid but pushed through it best she could.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He studied the woman and her injury for a few moments, unsure what to say. He knew nothing about treating wounds, but he had gotten ocean water in his own injuries before, and it stung...a lot. But he had no idea salt water was actually cleansing. The water is not far, he said first. It's just west of here, Zodiac added, lifting his muzzle to point in the direction of the ocean. The old, weaker version of himself might have asked where she got her wound or if she was okay, but he found he really didn't care. That should probably bother him, but it didn't, and he found he really didn't care about that either. It was like a numbness resided in his heart where his compassion had once been, but he needed it to be that way, otherwise he would crumble underneath the weight of his past. He said nothing else, just stared at the stranger.
223 Posts
Ooc — Wolf-Chalk
Cadeau was grateful for the directions, as she was sure she would have not been able to find the location of the sea water on her own. The stranger seemed eager for her to be on her way, not that Cadeau could blame him. She too felt nervous snd sympathized with the male. "...thank you, I'll be on my way then." Cadeau winced in pain as she began to hobble in the direction the male told her.
110 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Away
He just stared at the stranger as she spoke, not really hearing her at first. But then it was apparent she was going to leave as she headed in the direction he had informed her that the ocean was. He stood there and watched her leave until her form grew blurry and finally disappeared. Then he began walking again, getting lost in his thoughts and forgetting this ever happened.