Stavanger Bay When all is said and done?
And the world becomes a scattering of stars
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
Phex decided to travel from Shadewood. As soon as she returned, she'd certainly take up pack duties once again but now she decided to go and see who dwelled along the coast. Perhaps she'd meet the old woman, Apple. Hopefully, the matron had made it to the ocean, but in the back of the youth's mind, she knew the woman had been close to the end. And whilst she'd enjoyed as much of her life as she could, Phex hoped she'd followed every dream and accomplished all she wanted before her departure from the land of the living. Perhaps one day she'd learn of ghosts and those who answered those calls.
And resultingly realise what watched from the shadows and pockets of the world.

But here she was, approaching a border that even her aloof mind could see a mile off. Literally. It smelt of blood; the girl hoped that it wasn't someone injured. She'd hate for that. Being unable to heal, not even knowing where to start, she'd surely panic if faced with a wolf bleeding out -- especially family like @Cry or Gwen. 
Dismissing the thoughts, she approached the borders almost hesitantly and scanned the stretch of sand, marking the distant forest. The rocks, the sound of waves...this land called to her yet she wouldn't live here. She was glad her home was close to the ocean. 

The youth sent up a call for leadership, hoping for a chance to present herself and her pack. MAke allies or form neutrality. If it came to a war with the Redhawks, they'd need the help of a larger pack. And this was certainly it; compared to the Shadewoods measly uncertain four. Where was Kai? Her heart felt for the wolf-dog, hoped for her safe return. But back to her task
-- making Shadewood friends with the coastal packs.
| |
Reach those stars.
no cost too great
62 Posts
Ooc — nil
Away
cameo post, and tagging @Ford for leadership <3 hope you don't mind!
she had been somewhat absent from stormrift in the past days; exploring the cape around their claim, doing what she could to speak to the stars and heavens alike for their blessings. tired, she returned home, ready to nestle herself between the crystal clear waters & emerald greens of the bay... but before that, she would quickly scan the borders. familiar scents lingered as something piques her interest, foreign, she becomes wary. whilst approaching the source, she notices a dark figure. brown & tan, splotches of white decorating their body-- their bright legs and hind sticking out in color. staying a distance away, she watched.
☆ a m a t s u m a g a t s u c h i 
the west wind is silent.
i am simply there to fill gaps between the others,
never to be felt on my own.
i am blank, now, but a breeze once blew through me.
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Those who wandered close to his borders were their for one of two reasons; either they sought to learn more about the pack that resided within, or they sought to join it without knowing much about the details. Those who entered blindly had always given him reason for doubt, but the titan did not turn away any who sought to call the rift their home. On that day, it seemed that there was someone in need of something else. He noted the stranger and made his way across the sands to approach them. The calculating stare of his mismatched gaze was glued tightly on the russet and white female.

When he had closed a good deal of the distance between them, Ford drew his crown upward and released a chuff to announce his presence. Though, if she had been paying much attention, he would have been hard to miss. The warhound moved like a looming shadow on the pale sands. His body both belonged and appeared entirely out of place beside the sea. “How can I help you?” the beast inquired with a slight tilting of his head.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her head dipped, not noticing someone watched from afar. She inspected some prints in the sand, seemingly some sort of bird. There wasn't clear webbing in the print; she wondered what the bird looked like.

Alas, her interest was cut short by a chuff.
Phex drew herself up and regarded the male, impressive in every manner. He looked wicked, she had to admit, but not in an evil way -- no. She rarely saw that. His markings were awesome and his voice was like a rumble of quiet thunder on a sunset-stormcloud evening in autumn. She liked him despite his strong demeanor.

"Hey there," she greeted with her light, carefree voice, "I'm Phex of Shadewood Keep. You could help me by making relations with my pack," she grinned, enticing and sweet. Nieve. "I was here to see who you are and of course welcome you to visit the Shadewood at any time." Her tail waves softly, just higher than her hocks. She was a guest on the border and is her usual high spirits, not some intruder or challenger. That was not even in her capacity -- probably.
| |
Reach those stars.
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
The stranger was quick to regard him with a sharp glance. She offered a greeting and included her intentions in the very beginning of her statement. Ford appreciated that he did not have to pry very deep to understand why she was on the edges of the bay. He drew his crown upward and eyed her figure with a thoughtful glint in the mismatched colors of his gaze. After a moment of silence, he drew closer and closed what remained of the distance between them.

The titan had not heard of Shadewood, at least he was certain of this. He did wonder just how far away their pack was to send out an ambassador. He thought she would make a fine scout, if that was what she’d set her mind to. “An ambassador to your pack?” he inquired thoughtfully. “An admirable thing to pursue. This is Stormrift and I am the leader here. My name is Ford,” the warhound then offered her in return for her having given her own name and pack.

“How far is your group from here?”
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her face lit up brighter -- if such a thing could happen -- at his praise. She liked others to know their words were appreciated and taken to heart; although only good words. Well, she'd never really had a bad thing said to her. Everyone loved her!

Her brow rose -- Stormrift -- "That is an awesome name for your pack." She beamed like sunrays under a magnifying glass. She thought for a moment. 
She traveled quickly and it rarely took her a short time to tire. She'd made it here in perhaps a day. She's left when it was still dark and now it was about late afternoon. "It is about a day's fast-paced lope south-west, though not too south." She smiled, happy to supply more information in case the man needed it. She knew many people needed landmarks to find their way, though she could tell from turning around if she was very lost -- as well as the stars.
| |
Reach those stars.
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
“Ah ha ha,” he rumbled in a chuckle at her compliment. A smile danced along the dark line of his lips, but never reached his cold gaze. He did not wish to share with her the many hours he had deliberated on their name, or how he had almost called the pack something entirely different. It was good to hear that she thought it to be suitable. “Thank you.” The rift was something he had grown proud of, in spite of the number of members who had come and gone from the pack. The titan hoped that they would survive another year – that he could truly test the capability of the members in his ranks.

The girl offered him a rough guess of how far away her pack was. Ford followed her sights down the length of the coast with a thoughtful frown and a quiet sigh. “Perhaps I should scout down to visit. Now, was there anything you were seeking specifically to learn about my pack?” the warhound asked her with a curious tilting of his crown. She had mentioned that she was seeking out the other packs to learn about them. He simply did not know if she wanted any specific information.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
"Indeed, you're welcome to visit. It's a large forest surrounded by a river."  The girl never found the river much of a struggle crossing the river, this titan of a man certainly won't. The water would barely cover his paws. He did have pretty big paws.

She thought for a moment. She really wanted to learn about who was around more. "I was just wanting to know what other packs were like. Your values, the way your pack is. Do you have a religion? That'd be pretty cool." She had thought about religion and stuff before but never really involved herself in it. She didn't see much of a point -- she had open eyes. There was good and bad and those who were neither were both. Why would you need figures to represent that?
| |
Reach those stars.