Arrow Lake got me a job, and i quit my rambling
Centurion
i know you by the state of your hands
165 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Thorn's 100 post had to be something big! Plus I don't think anyone has challenged yet? @Stigmata @Mahler @Takiyok
As a sidenote, me @ Thorn right now: click

diaspora's member count had grown, admittedly little on thorn's behalf. all the same, like any self-possessing male, thorn believed himself entitled to the things he wished to keep: a warm bed, a willing mate, and proper rank in which he could be proud to boast.

life as diaspora's tessarius was not, in itself, a shameful existence. as guard of diaspora, he was granted free reign to patrol, to range, and occasionally abscond -- but he was still under the thumb of two non-leaders, and thorn believed himself second only to stigmata and mahler's command.

he vied for a higher title, and in his eyes he believed the only way to secure himself besides stigmata and mahler's lofty echelon was... to simply to take it.

so take it, he would.

he would have to prove himself to the two of them -- one, an iron commander, the other a hardened captain. like as not their eyes had seen many foolish and prideful men sorrowed. thorn would not fall to the same follies.

carefully sculpted by stigmata, conditioned and advised by mahler, thorn believed his actions just, and prepared for the inevitable conflict with a rough roll of his shoulders.

he stepped towards takiyok with his tail curved over his broad hips, his intent clear.

he wished for no bloodshed as he faced the northerner -- it was not his way nor the way of the wolf, to savage one's own packmate. and so, he presented himself before the centurion, his posture set at quiet defiance that communicated he was ready should it turn into a scrabble.
it was worth it to see that boy cut from the knees
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The last few days had found Taki feeling like she was going to burst from her own skin; it was quite different than her normal restlessness, and at first she wasn't sure what was making her feel so strangely. The shift in her scent a couple nights ago had answered her question, but she honestly hadn't expected feel so irritable. Shouldn't she feel the opposite? Whatever. She had tried to keep her distance some but today had found herself in the presence of her packmates only to regret it. 

Thorn approached, his challenge clear in his body language. Even in a normal state of mind, Taki wouldn't make it easy for a challenger to take her rank, so today would be no different. She matched his stance, lips curling to reveal long, sharp canines as a snarl leaked from her mouth. She was never one to draw things out, and today she was feeling especially prickly, so she lunged for him.

She was hoping to pin him to ground and press her teeth to his neck in warning, but he was just as strong as she was and clearly just as determined. Every time she thought she had the upper hand, she found herself back under the dark male, but finally she managed gain enough leverage to successfully hold him to the ground. Taki didn't linger in the position, not thinking it was necessary to rub it in. She stood and shook out her coat. Some of the snowy white of her fur was interrupted by saliva-damp spots where the hair stuck out strangely from the wetness, but there no physical wounds from what she could tell. She glanced over Thorn's form next, hoping to find him in the same condition. Offering a stiff nod to their audience and then to her defeated packmate, she turned and trotted away.

Let me know if I need to edit any of the PP <3
Inuttuk
Common