Stone Circle Pale As The Moonlight
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia slowly was making her home him, at the very least. Over time she was getting used to things. The loss of her friends, a rather unfamiliar place...but slowly, it was getting better. For one, one of her triplet sisters came and they reconsoled. That was a step in the right direction. Two she had new friends, such as Ira and Vespera. At least she saw them as friends.

Curling up on the ground, she was smiling for once. Korei's tail was wagging behind her, thinking of this new home and the good to come of it. 

@Nikai
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It was nice to be home again. Nikai'd spent much time around the stones, being with Keoni and talking to her when he was alone. He'd told her all about Alya. He'd also heard that Alya's sister was here, though he had yet to meet her and he wasn't too sure what she looked like either. Things were looking up, and really his only worry -- apart from his thoughts on whether or not to change a trade to something a little less travel-intensive -- was whether Alya would take to Easthollow. His top priority was making sure that she was happy here.

When he happened upon a wolf curled on the ground, Nikai approached to make sure that they were okay. As he approached he noticed the funny speckles on her nose. If anything, Nikai would describe the girl as quirky but also quite pretty. She looked happy, as if she was introspecting about something nice, and Nikai could not help but smile, too. Heya, he called out cheerfully. You look like you're having a good daydream going on.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia had her tail gently swaying behind her, drifting across the ground as if a light feather dusting over. Her golden eyes glancing over her tail as it swayed in front of her face, almost as if covering it. Fanning over her. It was because of that that she did not notice someone approaching in her view, and stumbled in trying to straighten up to face them fully. 

"H-Hi!" She managed to get out. Her shyness coming out immediately. "I...yes, I was. Thinking on how good it is here...all that. And all the fun I've had here so far..." Korei was feeling most comfortable here.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
She acted a little caught out, and Nikai chuckled at that as she stammered through a flustered greeting. She then admitted that she had indeed been having a good daydream going on, well, a daydream of sorts; she'd been thinking of how she liked Easthollow and how good a place it was. Nikai couldn't help but Aww at that. The smile remained on his face as he added: That's nice. Have you lived here long? He still didn't realise that he was talking to Alya's sister.

I'm Nikai. I'm Valette's son, but I've been gone for quite a while travelling. He doubted that she'd heard of him, really, not unless she had joined just after he had gone.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei smiled shyly as her tail wagged behind her. Though to his question, she paused and her smile straightened as she shook her head. "No...not long at all." She prayed he would not ask how she came, it always hurt to talk about it. So when Nikai introduced himself, she was glad for that.

"I'm Korei! Korei Julia...your mom is a nice lady" Korei said with her bright smile back again. "Where'd you go?"
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The girl said she had not been part of the pack for very long. Nikai did wonder how she got here, but he decided not to ask. When she introduced herself the name rung a bell, but he didn't immediately realise where he had heard it before and, considering she had not recognised his name specifically, Nikai decided to leave it be for now. She is, he said with a soft smile. Valette had adopted him when he was little -- he only remembered her and Steady as his parents. Lately he wondered at times who his real parents were and had contemplated asking Valette about it.

Korei asked where he had gone and Nikai explained, Soul-searching is the best way to describe it, I guess. My sister Keoni always wanted to travel, but she passed away before we could go on the trip I promised her we'd make. My paws were itching to find out more about the world and myself. I asked Alya to come with me -- she's my, uh, well, she was a really good friend back then, and now we've recently become mates. We lost each other along the way but after we found each other back, we decided to move back to my family at Easthollow together. Nikai smiled as he recounted the tale, feeling his stomach swirl a little as he thought of Alya.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia nodded, her tail wagging a bit still. Valette was so kind, and caring from what she knew of the female so far. She sighed softly, setting her head down against the ground as Nikai began to answer her question. She had an ear turned towards him, yet she only looked onwards. 

Till a confused look crossed her face. She had heard that correctly, right? "Alya...you and my sister are mates?" she asked, lifting her head and turning to face him now. Then, Korei smiled lightly. "That explains why she was so happy..." She sounded hopeful even.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
As Korei asked about him and Alya, Nikai realised where he must've heard her name before; this was Alya's sister. He smiled, glad to be meeting her, and said: Oh, you're Alya's sister! His smile broadened as Korei mentioned Alya being happy. He was happy to be with her, too, and he just wanted Alya to have everything she wanted. To hear that he achieved in giving her what she needed to live a good life was fantastic for him.

Did she know you'd moved here? Nikai wondered out loud. That's pretty funny that you two ended up in the same pack now. Must be nice for her to have some family nearby, too. It was a pretty big step to leave her family home. The latter was mostly a guess, but Nikai knew she had lived there pretty much all her life and so it must be tough to leave. Like him, she was a family sort of wolf.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
The pale wolfess nodded, giggling a bit with a shy look. She glanced away at his realization. "Yes, I am one of her sisters." She wondered for a moment...how were the others? Hydra, Lyra...Korei pushed the thought away. She gave another nod in answer to his question.

"Yes...yes she knows. I spoke to her." She paused. Korei had not even asked, why Alya left her home. She had not once asked about their family. But, Korei kept a smile on.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Korei seemed a little timid around the subject of the family. Maybe she, too, missed her family, Nikai thought. It must have been an equally big step for Korei to leave as it'd been for Alya to join him here. Ah, I'm glad you got to reconnect, Nikai said with a soft smile. Had you not seen her for long..? He imagined Korei would visit their previous home at times, but he also imagined that it was a long journey. Maybe not that often, then. He certainly could not imagine making such a journey more than once or twice a year, especially with his leg.

I offered her that I could move to Moonspear, but she agreed to come to Easthollow instead. I think... He paused briefly, and glanced back at his missing leg (then realised that Korei hadn't stared at it like most immediately did when they met him - had she noticed it yet?). .. I think she understood better than I did at that time that I couldn't ever really live on her family mountain. Well, not without getting to see only a small amount of the territory, anyway.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia went quiet for a bit hearing that. While she had a great meeting with Alya the one before that...she sighed lightly. It had upset her a lot, that meeting. But that, she chose not to speak of thinking it would not help Nikai and Alya's relationship. So she just smiled. 

"I...I used to live there." She smiled as she kept her gaze to his face...till she looked down, giving him an actual look over. "Woah! Y...Your leg...it's..." Korei couldn't even focus on the talk of Moonspear. She would no doubt be glad for the distraction from the topic another time.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Apparently Korei had just not noticed the missing leg yet. Like was usually the case when someone saw it -- usually when he first approached, but she must've not noticed since she was laying down -- she looked taken aback by it. Nikai smiled a little wryly as she remarked and said: Hunting accident. That was the short version, anyway. The wounds refused to close for some time, which made me feel ill a lot. I don't know exactly how I lost it, it's all a little, uh, woozy... And truthfully, Nikai didn't really think anyone would believe him anyway if he told them what splotches of memory he remembered. ... But I felt better after I woke up in the wilds again without it. I couldn't use the bad leg for some time already so I was used to walking on three legs. I'll never be as fast or efficient a traveller or hunter anymore as I used to be, but I get by.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was most oblivious, to many things. It was no wonder she was so accident prone with missing so many things. Wounds always made her think of her own as well, as she shivered at the thought of it. 

"You...you are all right with it?" she asked, tipping her head a bit. She got up on her feet now, watching over him fully. "Wow...just wow" she murmured, circling around in curiosity as Korei went around to observe the lack of limb closely.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
As he recounted the story, Nikai thought it all must sound rather fantastical. To wound his leg through a hunting accident, and then not remember precisely how he lost it altogether, but feeling better without it. No wonder Korei got up to wander around him and check out the missing leg from every angle. It made Nikai feel a little self-conscious, though he decided to just make the best of it and wash away the awkwardness he felt with a joke: Like what you see? he said with a good-natured laugh to jokingly and gently make her attentive of how she was staring at him from a variety of angles.

I'm alright now. Just mountains are a bit more difficult. I can do almost everything, except very slippery or muddy terrain. It just takes more effort. Where he could easily travel all day before, now his paws would ache more because they were compensating for the missing one.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia glanced up. And felt her face warm up as she realized just how close she had been. Quickly she backed up from him with a shy smile. "Th-That's good that you are better, though..." Slowly, she sat down, her tail curling around her hind legs. 

"So...what do you do?" she asked, curious about what his job tends to be in the pack. As she tried to move onwards from the awkward moment that she had.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
The joke seemed to hit home and Korei quickly distanced herself as she murmured a response to how he was getting by alright. Easthollow was, honestly, a perfect territory for him. Much better than Moonspear would've been, and Alya had known that and had lead him here, saving him from a life of suffering, really. He just hadn't entirely realised how she had thought about all this a lot better than he until now.

As Korei curled her tail around her and asked what he did, Nikai answered readily. I used to be a scout, but I'm considering switching trades on that one. I still like scouting, but I'm not exactly the best at it anymore. I'm also an advisor, so if you ever need help with anything, please let me know. I love coaching others in any way I can, and I'm a bit of a mediator too, when there's disagreements between pack members and such. He'd so far mostly coached Steph when she was little as well as her siblings, but he was definitely open to help others, too. Maybe now that he could no longer be a scout he should pick up being a therapist, too..? And drop his second trade altogether? Nikai contemplated this while he asked: What about you?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had not done scouting, but she knew a couple of wolves from Bracken that did so. She was good friends with them. But she guessed that scouting would be rough, missing a leg and that he just didn't mention so. Still her gaze moved on his missing leg again. 

Julia tipped her head a bit, moving back to his own face. Coaching others? She thought on that, till he asked her the same question in return. "Herbs...and the stars."
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
She looked thoughtful before answering his question, and Nikai wondered if it meant she needed or liked help with something that a coach like himself could be useful with. As she first mentioned things she liked, Nikai beamed a smile and said: That's pretty cool! So are you a healer..? I mean, because of the herbs. And the stars -- what's there to know about them? Navigation and stuff? Honestly, Nikai knew little about the stars other than that they could be used for navigating, apparently. He mostly used scent and landmarks and the sun's stance for that, as it was a lot easier, but he respected wolves who could do more with it.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia paused as she thought on that again. She got herbs...knew herbs. But had she healed another? Well, sometimes but she didn't know that. She just thought she helped it along. "Um...I know herbs" she answered, and left it at that as Korei was unsure what more to say. 

Then the mention of stars got her tail wagging fast. She looked up, as if the stars were there. "The stars, I love the stars! How they look in the night. Twinkling so brightly, and always there no matter what! Always there to keep company."
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Not really a healer, then -- just working with herbs, he supposed. Korei seemed to enjoy the subject of the stars, as her eyes lit up when she thought of them and looked up as if she could see them now. Nikai followed her gaze but there weren't any stars out right now. He did suppose the stars were pretty nice to be around. So it seemed that she did not use them for navigation but just for, well, watching, he supposed.

That's nice, he said genuinely, glad that she could find solace in the stars when she needed their company. I guess I'd never thought of the stars that way. He wondered then: Did you get a chance to get all caught up with Alya yet? Korei had mentioned that her sister had been happy but she hadn't given indication whether they'd gotten to spend some time together or if they had only briefly seen each other since Alya and Nikai's arrival at Easthollow.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia looked up at the sky as she thought. Imagining it as dark already, picturing what stars would be where from memory. Her tail stilled behind her as Nikai spoke. It was nice, the stars were very nice. And shining. Always there...it made her sigh as he went to speak of Alya.

"I did. She's doing better than she was when...well, when I last saw her" Korei answered, her smile failing her. They may have made up but their last meeting still stuck, the meeting before it all went south.
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
When Nikai heard Korei mention that she was doing better now than when Korei had last seen her, Nikai wondered if she'd gotten hurt or something. He'd heard from Valette that Alya had been at Morningside for some time, and he thought maybe Korei'd last seen her when she was there?

So he asked, Did she get hurt or something? He was glad that everything had turned out well in the end, but Korei still seemed a little bothered thinking back to that time. Maybe because she seemed like a sensitive wolf, so maybe just thinking of someone else not doing well, even if it was in the past, got to her like that.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei stilled for a moment. Her expression confused and baffled rather by it. Alya, hurt? Then she realized that Nikai must not have known the full story. She sighed quietly.

"It's...more that we talked. Not in a great way...heated talk" she explained, in a way that left it at that. It still hurt to think about it all. "But we got past it! And now we are all better!"
529 Posts
Ooc — Iris
It surprised Nikai that Alya and her sister had had a heated argument. When he looked at how she was with Hydra and Lyra, it was almost as if they were one wolf sometimes. It was what had enchanted Nikai in the first place when he'd just met the three sisters. But then, he thought as he looked at Korei, maybe that was precisely the problem. She was decidedly different, more sensitive and sweet and most of all, a lot less tough.

What had happened to spur on a fight, though? Do you want to talk about what happened then? he asked gently. It's okay if you don't want to because you guys worked through it. I'm just interested because of my job as mediator. Nikai smiled as he explained his interest. He could understand if she'd rather not, but he was curious and hoped she would tell him more.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei shook her head quickly as he spoke up, asking if she wished to speak of it. It was still too close to her heart to speak of. But then, he mentioned that he was to be a mediator. And Korei, she always wanted to help...there was a deep long sigh from her. 

"I was on the outside of the others. The odd one out, always...always berated for being so childlike. So naive...I ran away. Alya found me, was upset with me..." She dared not meet his eyes during her talk.