Shadewood “Got two coonhounds and a few shells left. Let’s get ‘er done.”
"My love for you was bulletproof, but you're the one who shot me."
90 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
All Welcome 

The behemoth has finally brough he and Velvet to the heavy wooded threshold of Shadewood. He had heard out Cry and decided to be here with his girl till he could figure out whether this was the place to coop up till a better season came, or whether it was worth staying here for good. But since being here, he could see this was a place where families were meant to be raised. So unused to others being here, it was clear the game was plentiful, as he had seen enough elk, deer and birds to last him a lifetime. Plus the territory was ran rampant with creeks and whatnot all over and through the tall elms and oaks - this place was perfect.

So after Cry gave him the rundown, he made haste to follow the asking of his new posse leader. No questions asked, as the gigantuan male marked the territory and ran his buff body of near delicious muscle and mocha over the cold bark of the trees. This was gonna be good living, also as no drama came up.

109 Posts
Ooc —
Oh but drama had come. They had lots of pregnant women, the smells were driving him mad and Phex had gotten herself injured protecting a lynx of all things. He had cleaned her up the best he could and was now going after Morgan. He caught sight of the male, hormones surging and showing themselves in quite the innapropriate wish that it was his body the muscular cowboy was rubbing on. A low growl rumbled from his chest and he changed it into a quick clearing of his throat "Morgan! The cat left?" he asked staring around the treeline everywhere but Morgan. He hadn't had this type of lust in many years and he'd be damned if he caved in and screwed anyone but Phex.
90 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Nothing but 160 lbs of man turned to the platinum, his brow raising at the holler. Bringing himself to a slower walk, he eventually stopped. Baritones reflected back to the slate and ivory rustler. “Far as I know. Ain’t seen it since it first came.” He knew Laroche was a mated man to lil spunky butt, and as much as it had hurt her that she had gotten smacked by the cat, it hurt Laroche to his his gurl get got. Phex had been put in shock- it was clear, or atleast what he could pin her delusion for trying to keep the damn thing as a friend. Shaking his hick head, rugged mane draping a roll of chocolate in the motion. 

Gone have ta tell Cry that all the things in these woods ain’t exactly the fairytale standard he thinkin it is.

109 Posts
Ooc —
Laroche got himself under control and moved closer, motioning for Morgan to walk beside him so that he could help finish the patrol. "He's not the only one...Phex too. She's so...sweet. Much too Naive. I love it and...I am scared for her." he said drifting off as he realised that he was sharing a lot with Morgan and despite being in a pack together, he hadn't really spent much time with the Cowboy. "Being so harmless is a really bad thing. I can't always be there to protect her" he finished the thought and sighed as he rubbed against the tree, the sunlight catching the reds of his fur and bringing them out.
90 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Damn that was a right shame. Was a good thing Vetty wasn’t that way. She was a secretive girl, more skittish than a kitten and always ready to stay her ass as far from trouble as possible. Whenever she needed to get involved, she’d lip off with enough heat to singe his own whiskers, but otherwise she was calm and quiet, doing her own thing. She had her days where she went talking around with the other women doing women things, but a shrug gave his opinion of it. However knowing the stark contrast of his girl and Laroche’s, pride filled his barrel chest. His Vetty wasn’t goin round tryin ta belly up to no damn cats. She was too smart for that shit. 

His arrogance wanted to snark it out to Laroche, but he was sure Cry wouldn’t tolerate no family rivalry like that. So he simmered down the ego and kept it to himself. Roche needed some comfort, anyways. And while he wasn’t no good at comforting no man, he tried with “Well you can res’ easy knowin she got learned, now. Same thing wit a babeh, I spose. Just gotta cuff em once or twice- they’ll get tha hang of it, ‘ventualleh.

The second half kinda took him by surprise. What, was he thinking they were just prowling the borders for themselves? “Weyuh, thass whatcha got us folk for. ‘Erbody here spose to keep an eye out fo’ eachother, not jus’ themselves. Thas how it’s spose ya be. We all Famleh here.” That was how Cry explained it to him, atleast. They all did their part to be there for each other. Everybody here needed love, and that was just that. 

Turning to look over a hulky shoulder, he regarded the reddening silver man. “Tha women don’t need us men folk bein’ scared for em- they need us ta be strong, and keep em safe, warm and fed. Loved and all, that’s how we show it. Or least that’s how I been livin- worked out pretty good for me and mah Vetty.

Women were fragile enough as it was, emotional creatures. Fire and fire weren’t good of a mix.

109 Posts
Ooc —
His eye twitched a bit as Morgan likened Phex to a baby, mind working as he tried to figure out a way to defend Phex's behavior....but he came up empty. She had been foolish to try to befriend the cat and he knew it. "You're right I hope. On one hand I find her goodness to be something I want to keep...on the other she's...too good. It's like she literally doesn't realise how bad things can be" he said and Lord did he wish that she never had to learn but one day she would find trouble and he only hoped he could help her come back from it okay.

As the man went on about how they all had one another's backs as famly he glanced off, expression going from casual to blank. Family. That's right.....he was part of a pack. His mind still hadn't grasped it. He breathed out and chuckled "You're right. Years of being alone...it's had it's affects on me. I haven't quite grasped the whole pack mindset yet." he paused to mark the borders refreshing a spot where the scents weren't as strong as Morgan went on. He grunted and followed after the man, kicking up dirt behind him "I'm not scared" he said firmly an almost sharp edge lining his tone "Just concerned. I know the ways of the world just as you do. She still seems to have a childlike innocence. I don't think a word we say even sinks in" he said. He knew they couldn't be near her twenty four seven, that she couldn't always be protected. He would have to try and teach her to protect herself, that no matter what you think of someone, they could always be dangerous in ways you would never expect.
90 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Morgan did his business on a sleepy tree, keeping his gait light and casual to keep up with his leaner company. He was thoughtful as the partner spoke, his rough chuckle throwin up as Laroche tried to bluff himself outta his emotions. “Shoah.” A brow and a knowing look before,

Whatcha really need ta be fearin on is bein’ in a posse and wishin you was alone- loyalty sometimes can kill a man quicker than solitude, mah fren.

He passively scratched his ass on a tree trunk before remarking on the mess with Phex and him. And boy was it a mess. “Who you tryin’ ya fool?” Might be Cry and all tha rest of em that try and hide how they feel but he was open with his feelings. Especially when he was pissed. He wouldn’t talk on em much, but atleast he wouldn’t lie bout em. That’s just how you ended up flat on your ass at a rodeo. Could say you knew how ta ride, but that bronco buck you off, then what? “Look, may be a sour thing ta say, but if ya fearin for yer gurl, jus’ have her learn on her own. Gurls be silly on logical thangs sumetimes but for em ya learn, gotta let em learn on their own. They gone get tired of bein’ smacked around, sooner or later. They smart in not wantin ta get hurt.” Women was stubborn less you get you one of them docile ones. But what was fun in that? 

109 Posts
Ooc —
He turned an eye to the man as he spoke his mind, eyes narrowing for a moment before he smiled slightly. Perhaps what Morgan said was blunt, perhaps it did sort of piss him off, however he appreciated someone who wouldn't pussyfoot around what they thought, he knew now with certainty he could always trust Morgan to speak the truth. He let the southern man's words hang in the air for a few moments before sighing softly "You're right. She'll have to learn eventually. I can't..drive myself mad trying to protect her from something that needs to happen. I just hope that whatever teaches her...I hope it isnt anything terrible" he said this gently, being open. It was clear that he adored the little lady, it was clear that he was here to stay. "As for being here and wanting to be alone. Perhaps long ago it would have been so. Perhaps if it had been a different pack. I am glad to be here though, I don't want to be anywhere else."
90 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

The rider nodded, glad the partner got to his senses before, as he had perfectly put it, drove himself mad trying to protect the girl. Cuz it would happen. Being in live did enough of that as it was, damnit. To be a good man, ya needed ta be quick, decisive. Not clouded by no messy heart. That’s how you saved the lady. 

Ya know what? I am too. But somethin’ keep naggin at me in these woods, LahRoesh. Like times when it be too perfect ‘fore a storm come and fuck it all up.” Potential danger. It was just all over the time when he felt nothing else in the world could hurt this paradise. 

Ain’t even got nothin’ ta do wit’ tha fact that we got a goddamn bear sleepin wit us- it’s just too Tahiti here.” Like there was some kind of underlyin’ volcano on verge of bustin under their feet at any pissed off second. 

I could jus be a paranoid sumbitch, but usually my senses don’t lie when my faith be idlin.