Emberflame Ridge This is hell's territory
Ghost in the woods
1,079 Posts
Ooc —
Read Only 
It was with resignation that she plodded on - bone weary and ready to admit defeat. The mountains were rough terrain, made more perilous by the freezing diluge that lent the air with such a static cold that it constricted around her chest, not unlike the squeeze of a viper. 

Hacking a dreadful cough, the fae pushed onwards. The world seemed at odds with her memory for it had been late autumn when she fell ill and a season had since passed. 

The earth was a muted canvas of brown brushstrokes - the grass withered yellow, the earth muddied by the downpour, the distant lines of forest nearly black in the poor light. The healer was a ragged white speck, her limbs splattered with the wet ooze she had mucked through. 

Pain coursed through her with every step though not from any physical source. It seemed to come from within - from the place where her heart must have once been. Even with her dark eyes trained carefully on the distance, on the point where Emberflame Ridge would give way to the Taiga; Liri could feel the plateau behind her. Some instinct called to her to return there, where her memory told her Kavik would be. Surely, she was wrong; he wouldn't abandon her. 

"No," she spat in her own native tongue, angry with herself for allowing such thoughts to creep in to her mind. 

He left you to die. 

The whisper came from within, halting her in her tracks as her eyes fell shut. A single tear rolled down the length of her pale face, lost in the tears already rent by the skies. 

Kavik...you promised never to leave me. 

Her lip wobbled as her eyes filled with fresh tears and the realization that it wasn't true struck her. He had left, just as her father had left her. Just as her siblings and Samuel, just as her children had left her. As everyone left her. 

The weak inhale shuddered through the northron's chest as she forced herself to again continue on her path. The cold went unnoticed, save for on some subconscious level.

Everything went unnoticed with the spiraling pain clutching at her chest, even the scent of ozone that burned in her nose. 

Even the static that tried to lift her soaking pelt. 

Even the eerie silence - broken only by the pattering of the rain against the ground - that seemed to press against her ears. 

A murderous rumble, a thunderous boom and a sizzle not unlike meat frying in a pan drew Liri's gaze upwards. 

Just as the lightning bolt struck her.
"i'll keep you here when I lose my mind."