Hideaway Strath Do you? Can you? Have you? When?
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Private 
@Posie <3

It is already too late to swim when the water reaches your lips.

Akira had wandered these Wilds for a complete month, her nimble gait making miles vanish into seemingly thin air. She kept her heart strong as she told herself home would come soon. Despite the place she wandered through, nothing but snow, ice, chill which came to suck the life from her bones, she would continue, as she always had, and survive. Her family, her dynasty's honor depended on her survival. 

Battering winds ramsacked violently against her cold body, a body who had trained for so long against scuffles and trainings in a strong warrior household. She held on for so long. Akira held on until finally the weariness began to consume her, and her mind had began to star over in shivering glimmers of white. Sapphiric eyes searched desperately for a new home, and while her thoughts began to slow to a breezeless float, she pushed on until she had crossed through the entrance of some rocken outcrop. It reminded her of a cup, one which had tilted over and bore only a single crack. Yet that crack was enough for the Blue Swan to force herself into a trot through. 

Through the near caldera-type entrance, the tibetan mix found the windspeeds were rapidly reduced the further she had gone into the hidden strath. Gratefully she picked herself over and through the sea of white until at last a crack wide enough for her to weasel into had made itself visible in the faint glow of the star's grace. Pushing fallen rock chips aside and nosing over the mounds of snow, she forced herself inside the frezing rock den, and culed herself up, praying to the heaven's that maybe an easy meal would come, or even eventless slumber. Closing those heavy lids over glittering sapphires, she tried to catch the latter.

Not all birds have been taught to fly. Some simply fall until they either learn, or perish.

[Image: xpseg7.jpg]
8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy
@Akira

Posie still remembered summer. He could feel himself yearning for the feel of the sun against his face, the wind to cool his back. The most admired of his reminiscence were the tulips. The lilies and the clovers as they painted the fields with colours that always seemed to match his emotions—loving and always dreaming of the next day. He was always left wondering if that next day would be sunny and anxious to warm the earth, or if the sky would be gray with rainclouds, ready to cry life into the land.

But, that was summer.

The flower wolf screwed his eyes shut against the cold wind beating against his face, a shiver trailing up his spine. He had kept his destination forward, aimless—searching for shelter from the winds that stole his air from his lungs. His entire journey beforehand was attempting to shield himself from strong winds before he was forced to stop to catch his breath, a tiresome effort after miles of wandering. It was a waiting game, but such was survival. The moment the promise of shelter came into view, he found himself sighing in relief. Far before him, mountains and rock castles presented themselves stark against the winter.

He couldn’t have moved any faster to reach it. As soon as Posie reached it, his smile grew. He immediately stood up to press his paws agianst the rock, absolutely ecstatic it was real. Early winter, the birds had told him of a valley the surrounding wolves called The Hidden Strath—a secret paradise. The wind suddenly beat against his flank, the wolf stumbling into the rock with a bark. Eyes wide from the threat, he scowered the surrounding rock walls frantically. His breath hitched as his eyes led onto a crack within the stone, pressing himself into the thin break—a passageway. He squirmed until he was inside, tripping as the wind pushed at his ass. Catching himself before he fell, he froze as he spied a figure in the darkness of the floor, heartrate picking up dramatically.

It could be a monster, he feared, feeling his entire body turn hot with adrenaline. A bear or something of the such!
”The flowers have purposes, just as the trees, or you and I.
Sometimes, you have to listen to discover what that purpose is.”

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Something had plugged the entrance to the crevice, and she was grateful for the Ancestors blessing her from the tremor of winds. Deciding to appreciate them, from her warming lips, the words came free as she realized they had sent her another to keep her company. "Thank you." She would have spoken it in her native tongue, but the spirits frowned on self-centered acts. To speak on her own homeland was where her chinese was meant to be, or shared with another of her culture. But on another's ground, you were meant to humble yourself and speak their language. That was how you kept your honor. 

Picking up her slender crown, Akira turned to the newcoming wolf, and through the sliver of light from the moon, she saw the colors reflecting well. He was a tawny male, enveloped well with cream and pale blond as a treat would be, or even a newborn fawn, yet with less earthy hue. Though it was much too dark to tell what his eyes would be, she assumed them as comforting as the colors of his coat. "Have you come seeking refuge from the storm, as well?" Her voice bounced soft chimes through the hallish walls of unpolished cave. 

Not all birds have been taught to fly. Some simply fall until they either learn, or perish.

8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy

Posie found himself both surprised and relieved when he heard the terrifying "monster" speak. What truly made him relax is that they thanked him. He did not know why they would, but he ceased any movements to remain where they were pleased with him. He evaluated their tone, smooth and feminine. He nearly sighed, calmed by it. Her voice reminded him of the earth, stable. Comfortable.

"You're welcome," replied Posie in a near whisper, despite his ignorance. The flower wolf squinted as he saw the shape move, and he vaguely recognized the thing in front of him to be a wolf. Sadly, that was all he could make out as he cast a shadow across the shelter. He silently thanked the universe for allowing him this company until the storm had passed. This stranger was the first face he had seen in quite some time now...

Posie pricked from his thoughts as the she-wolf spoke. Chuckling meekly, he bowed his head and felt his ears smooth to his neck. "Why, yes... T-The weather has been less than forgiving, but the same cannot be said for the birds."

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

"The birds will survive...They knew this storm was arriving well before the majority of us land-dwellers have." Akira understood nature enough to find the balance in the complexity of it all. She had no vocal conversations with the avians or other inhabitants, but she did watch very well their actions. That spoke more than any vocal conversation. The Blue Swan was mindful, and that was all it took to have faith that the world would go on as it was meant to.

"I am Akira, she presented her name with soft but kind tones. The one who had joined her too sounded pleasant, and one thing she could appreciate was a soul who knew manners as well as she. Her people were not prideful, but they were strong, wise. And she would not allow herself to fall short of such standard. 
The wind howled - this storm was going to last quite a while. 

She wondered if the joining company had anywhere specific he wanted to be. Did he have a family? A home?

8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy

Posie smiled at the she-wolf hidden within the darkness, intriqued by her knowledge of the other animals accompanying the world around them. The loner tried to remember a time he had met someone so thoughtful of others. He felt his chest stutter, blinking as he realized. Bringing his attention back to the wolf, he couldn't help but imagine her in the light. He could imagine grayscale, her posture confident and composed. That was his imagination at least—which he couldn't say too much about.

He felt his body jerk up a tad as a rock clacked into the entrance, echoing throughout the shelter, whipping around to look in case it was anything bad. The rock sat behind him.

"So, uhm," Posie began with a waver in his voice, "what is your name? I—I mean, if it's not impolite of me to ask..." He didn't think it was rude himself, but this wolf seemed different. Her entire aura was sophisticated and proud. He loved being in her prescence now that he knew this stranger was harmless. Oh, what he could learn from another's point of view!

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Her laughter was light, a chime trickle of a gentle wind as her amusement of this pale shadow grew. He must not have heard her announce her name a literal few seconds prior, and she was sure to let him know of this.  “You do not remember? I spoke of it to you. I suppose I am not very memorable, then.”

The Swan picked herself up and walked a little closer to the company who shared this cave with her. Her laughs subsided into little chuckles, letting him know she was playing with him in her taunting. “Again, I am Akira,” her nearity halting not far from him. “I come from home, seeking another. My companion and I, rather.” Inquisition crested her mind as well as she wondered who this wolf might be, along with what might have forced him into the storm. But she would allow him to tell his name should he feel she needed to know, on his own right. She would not ask. Names were not to be demanded.

8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy

Posie flushed under his white as she spoke her name once more, eyes widening in alarm at his naivety. He had merely just introduced himself—and he was already scatterbrained enough to miss her name! He opened his mouth to excuse himself, quieting himself as she shifted.

The wolf’s ears flattened meekly as the she-wolf picked her gait from the ground. It would be a lie if he said he wasn’t soothed by her reassuring chuckle. He shivered, dispelling himself of any distractions of wind or other to ensure he collected all information. ”I am so sorry, dear Akira,” he apologized with the bow of his head, ”I am Posie, a wanderer.”

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Posie...it was such a nice name. A flower, one she knew of well. It was not her favorite flower- but all flowers were beautiful in her eyes. “You have a nice name, Posie.” She didn’t want to pry into his life nor find out who had deemed that his name. It was too forthcoming for her.

Jilpa is my companion- he is a bird friend of mine. We have traveled since I was brought here from home.” Was she wrong for sharing such information? She could not fault herself for it- she was growing to appreciate Posie’s company and felt it was a nice way to continue their conversation. 

Did Posie have a traveling companion? “He was who bid me to seek shelter before the storm got so bad. So if he knew, I am sure he is fine.”

8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy

Posie lowered his head with a flush beneath his white fur, unused to the compliment. "Thank you," he said softly. The wolf gazed up to Akira, curious when she brought up her bird companion once more. He smiled at her friend's name, never having heard anything quite as unique as it.

The loner smiled, fond of her company and interested to hear more of her. Maybe she could give him some pointers—he did not wish to be in the wild forever. "If I may, what kind of bird is he? From what I have been gathering, you both seem to be keen on travel."

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

A little nod and smile was what she had returned back to her new friend, her modesty not allowing her to bade welcome to something so emotionally potent. She did not want him to feel uncomfortable- emotions tended to do that. “He is a Shrike; they are known to skewer their meals on sharp brambles or thorned limbs. However,” she dipped her head in sympathy to Jilpa’s representation. “Because of such tactics, they are labeled as gore and monsters within the animal world. But it is I who has seen his persona; Jilpa is no monster. He does not kill more than he needs, and should he, he will return to said branch and eat until his meal is gone and his belly is full once again.” Picking up her head, she took a deep breath. She felt herself becoming too passionate over this! She needed control! Darkly tipped ears flipped back, her wounded expression softening the hard pressed earnesty she wore prior. “Forgive my outburst, Posie- I do not mean to cross your own feeling of the matter with my own.”

8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy

"O-Oh," Posie stuttered as Akira's words went into details. He knew of these birds—but, he never realized their...habits. He just thought they were pretty. His eyes widened in surprised as she apologized and he shook his head. "Oh! No fret, Akira, " the wolf said with a kind smile, "I am glad that he does not kill more than he needs! It is nice to know someone is preserving life."

Behind him, his tail wagged as he began to think aloud himself. "My knowledge remains in flowers and herbs—not so much birds or wildlife. I hear about theme here and there, but it is always interesting to see someone else's views!"

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

Her company forgave her, and she appreciated him that much more. It warmed her heart exponentially, and a grateful wag of tail issued such. She felt much more free to express her feelings around him, despite her training and self conscious attitude of her manners. 

Akira’s interest piqued at his ability- he was a medicine man! Those were both revered and feared in her culture, and she had never been allowed to speak to them for they were always busy, communing with the spirits and the Ancestors for guidance, for accuracy in saving the lives of others. But here one was! He seemed a bit young for the job however-

was he really a medicine man? 

Where I am from, you would be under the training of an Elder Medicine Man,” she worded carefully, tip toeing as delicate as a feather falling from the heavens to land. “Are you learning medicinals, Posie? Your view are much more interesting than mine,” she offered with a interested pair of sapphire-blue hued ears struck direct to the cream and oak coated friend.

8 Posts
Ooc — Toothy

Posie tilted his head as Akira revealed information about her pack. His one ear pricked while his other flopped to the side curiously, remembering back to his own packs. He hummed in thought, "None of my packs had that sort of system. Instead, each rank was a sort of stepping stone."

As soon as Akira asked him if he was learning medicine, he beamed proudly. "I am!" He shuffled with embarrassment at his own enthusiasm, averting his gaze shyly. "Well, I mean, yes. I know only basics though, but know a few all-around tips and tricks for illnesses and even wounds." He raised his paw and rubbed at his ear, lowering his head to reach before he returned. He cleared his throat, [b]"What task has been suited you, dear Akira?" He smiled, having a sure feeling that Akira had many talents. He felt as though she could be anything—maybe she was a warrior! Or, maybe she makes for a good storyteller. Navigator? The latter would probably make the most.

~Posie~
61 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ

The Swan found that rather strange, but with a courteous dip of her head she remarked gently, “If such a manner of hierarchy crafted you this way, the world would brighten if it grew abundantly.” It was a completely wrong thing for her to say, to even show favor of another way of life other than her own homeland’s, yet Akira admires Posie for who he was- and she wished he would be more of a common theme to the plenty she had crossed so far. In fact, if he had chosen a wife and perhaps even a dignified consort, and had children, this land would shine so much brighter. 

Almost to contest her feelings, the storm began to lessen as time passed on, and her gratitude elated.
As elation had begun to shimmer free, Posie only added to it as his own occupation brought him joy. Akira allowed her tail to wag, his happinesses exciting her own. “Those basics save lives, Posie,” she reassured her friend with a soothing breeze of chime voice. “We are two special individuals, then, I suppose- as I am the last of the Blue Swan Dynasty, And am expected to build a worthy foundation here amongst these lands. To conquer by peace and bring adequate unity of lands where possible.”

It sounded impossible, but her Father expected it of her- she could not fail him.