Sun Mote Copse why aren't you scared of me? why do you care for me?
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
Clover did all she could to keep herself preoccupied, keeping her thoughts far, far away from her falling out with Tegan. Sure, she had made a mistake—but in the end, she had owned up to her blunder. How had her confession not been enough? Today, Clover distracted herself by trailing downwind from an unsuspecting squirrel. In time, she sought the shadow of a nearby tree to stop and study her game, her body stiff and poised to strike as she lingered. 

Clover was set up for success, and yet, she hesitated as her mind began to wander; she thought of Tegan, and it paralyzed her.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi had done a complete 180 in recent days on the idea of @Wildfire's new kids, and now was almost eagerly awaiting the day they arrived. The promise of a batch of younger siblings to train and to worship (jk, but only kinda) her was a prospect that looked better every time she thought about it.

She was planning out some lessons in her head as she walked, because of course she'd be able to start ASAP.  She had kinda forgotten how puppies work honestly.  When she saw Clover, though, that shifted completely.  HEY! She yelled, smiling.  I heard you joined!!! What's up?
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover jumped at the sound of Kiwi's voice; the squirrel took fate's mercy for what it was and jolted for the nearby underbrush. On any other day, she would have been pissed to lose her prey but, this was a special occasion—Kiwi was here! 

"You cheeky minx!" Clover exclaimed as she turned from the clearing to face her friend, her excitement evident. "It's about time I ran into you! You have got to tell me all about your promotion?!" Clover had heard of the promotion from the Firebird's grapvine. "Get over here!" Her tail whipped gayly, and a smile danced upon her lips as she dropped to a bow. 

Tegan was forgotten, for now.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh shit yes!!!! She stood up proud, still shorter than Clover but not actually minding because, like Sequoia, the girl was a fast friend.  Mom said it was time!! Which, duh.  I'm definitely ready.  Her tail gave an enthusiastic wave and clearly demonstrated she was thrilled Clover had brought it up!  

Then she dropped and then sprang, ready to bowl Clover into a playful embrace.  When did you get here?! She asked as she jumped.... though it might be a minute before she got an answer if she connected!
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Hell yeah you are!" Clover agreed. "You're going to rock it." She was confident, despite her lack of knowledge on the whole leadership thing—leading a pack was a breeze, right? Right. 

"Uh...a few sun-cycles ago, I think," she replied, uncertain. The days seemed to meld into one another, and she had lost track. "I came with my Mom and Daddy, and we met Eljay and Wildfire at the borders..." which reminded her: "And apparently they hooked up!?" Clover was still not over the fact that Eljay had Wildfire had done the deed—but she was totally proud that he had finally lost his v-card, and to somebody respectable no less. Clover had a sudden aversion in reaction to her previous statement, and a look of horror crossing her features. "Oh shit your mom told you that, right?!"
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She ate up Clover's praise and it did even more to solidify her good mood than her realization previously had.  She was going to rock it!

Then Clover hit the nail on the head with a second statement, and Kiwi's 'oh really?' At the news her parents had come turned into a laugh.  Oh my god yeah. I was really mad when she told me.  But then I realized that I'm gonna make a great big sister and now I'm good with it!  Gotta teach them everything they won't.  Eljay was her brother, but from Kiwi's understanding of things, that didn't mean friends couldn't talk about each other's siblings.  Just so long as they didn't like... upset them directly or fight them or something.  It's gonna be weird though.  She was used to being the youngest, and she wondered if she could follow in Artaax's pawsteps.  She'd find out!
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"No way!" Clover shrieked in reply. "That totally is what happened to me last season Well, except for the whole... Eljay and Wifi... thing." She squinted—yeah, that shit was still strange to her. "But, like, the whole big sister thing—I became a big sis last year!" 

"You're going to rock it," Clover affirmed with a bob of her head, "Even if it's going to be weird for you." She wasn't going to sugarcoat it—it was weird.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh, awesome!! She didn't know that Clover was a big sister, but now that she did, it pleased her that it would be just another thing they would have in common! 

You should totally help me teach them things.  I think they are going to need a lot of help.  No offense to your brother, she said, in a way that very much implied some offense to him, but someone is going to have to teach them to fight!  Like Artaax taught me.  She said this proudly, puffing put her chest a bit.  You can fight, right? I mean, of course she could.  Right?
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Oh, girl. I gotchu," Clover promised. Truthfully, she had not been a very present big sister, but Kiwi didn't need to know that and she would make up for it in the forthcoming season—especially since she was going to be an aunt with niblings in the same pack. 

"None taken—it took him ages to finally get laid," she replied in regards to Eljay. "I'll help make sure they're cool, too, since they'll be my nieces and nephews." 

Clover shook her head when she was asked about fighting. "No,  I've never really learned," she admitted. "Never really had a reason to."
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Oh man yeah.  With both of them helping, how could these not be the best kids at everything?  Aside from the ones who taught them of course.  Teaching was going to be so much fun, she couldn't wait!

But.. wait.  Really?! Clover was so cool and mouthy, Kiwi had assumed! Do you want to? My brother and sister showed me techniques, I could totally show you some! It would be practice!! And Clover should definitely learn.  I bet you'll be awesome at it!
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
"Uh... sure!" Clover chimed in reply. She had never been interested in combat before but, she found Kiwi's excitement to be charming and she couldn't let her friend down. "Let's do it!" she re-affirmed, this time with more vigor.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Aww yeah!! Kiwi dropped into a play pose and waved her tail enthusiastically. She was so ready to teach Clover everything!!

Ok!!  Best way to learn is by practice, and I can give you tips as we go!  It was her favorite way to learn at least, mainly because she only really understood something after she tried it for herself.  Try and come at me!  She prepped herself for whatever Clover might do, waiting.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
When Kiwi beckoned, Clover quickly did the only thing that came to mind—she pounced. She launched herself haphazardly, her inexperience evident. Given Kiwi's advantage, Clover would be easy to evade.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Was that how Kiwi looked when she first started? No way.  Kiwi jumped sideways, then spun, grinning.  No, you gotta keep them guessing! If they know where your gonna go then they'll avoid it.  Like this!

Kiwi eyed Clover directly, then took a short sprint left, springing from there to try and land a (playful) blow to her friend's side.  Would Clover see her coming? Or was her watching as bad as her leaping?
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
As suspected, Clover missed Kiwi by a longshot, her leap landing ungracefully. Despite the stumble, she recovered quickly and spun to face her friend again. 

"No, you gotta keep them guessing!" Kiwi corrected, and Clover quirked a brow at her friend's words, "If they know where your gonna go then they'll avoid it.  Like this!"

Kiwi surged forward suddenly, zig-zagging as she drew closer. Clover watched, carefully, taking her friend's words to heart. As Kiwi moved to make her mark, Clover scrambled sideways in an attempt to evade the attack—only the dice-gods would determine whether or not she got out of the way in time

Note: Feel free to roll to see if Kiwi landed her hit!
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
14, so close! Hit was 15 or more

It was always a little embarrassing when you went to demonstrate something and it didn't work out.  But, fortunately, Kiwi was good enough friends with Clover that even while she hated being one-upped, she enjoyed that her friend had managed to sidestep her!

Her charge ended up going wide, and she spun as she passed, recovering.  That was really good! She crowed, recovering with a quick comment.  See how you could see where I was going!?  Yeah, she'd totally been demonstrating that part.  Definitely.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
”Well, I had a good teacher!” Clover voiced in return, as she turned to face Kiwi. ”But, yeah, that felt a lot better—esepcially since I won that time.” And she smirked, wondering how her fighting-mentor would take the last statement.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Ohhhh, a little smack talk?? Kiwi smirked back, and felt the challenge awaken that familiar feeling. Yep.  That one.

Don't get used to it, she threw back, lashing her tail a time or two as she lifted her head.  She was definitely teasing, she was glad that Clover was learning quickly.  It meant she really did make an awesome teacher.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Clover grinned, her chin lifting as she watched Kiwi. "We'll see about that," she quipped. "You better watch out in the meanwhile, though," she added with a wink, "I'm going to keep you on your toes." This would have been an opportune time for Clover to launch an attack but, she didn't. She wanted to allocate some time for the anticipation of it all to fester.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
Kiwi laughed, and as she did, that familiar feeling lit up the pit of her stomach.  It was warm and slightly uncomfortable, the same sense she'd gotten when she'd been talking to the pale eyed girl.  A draw, when Clover challenged her and winked, that made her giddy and feel bolstered. Mhmm.

Challenge accepted, she responded with a grin and a wink back, and then she turned and ran, glancing back to see if Clover would follow.  She suddenly had energy she needed to let loose, and if her friend woud chase, maybe they could have a race?!

wanna wrap!? And have another? !!!