Moonspear So pour out some liquor, make it an old-fashioned
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
All Welcome 
Looking for @Amekaze whenever you have time <3
Back dated for 1/30 if that's okay! I can adjust if needed!

She saw no reason to postpone her conversation with Amekaze. Speedy promised Charon she would talk to her, and so she walked the territory today attempting to find the scent of the alphess anywhere so that she could track her down. She was, of course, a little nervous about approaching the other woman with questions about her ability to have children, but she was a healer, so these things kind of went with the territory. Plus, she really did want to make sure Amekaze was okay. 

She was higher up in the mountains than she usually ventured, and she decided that there was a reason she avoided coming up here; it was colder and the snow was more abundant. She did feel like she had become somewhat acclimated at this point, though. There was a time before she settled in Moonspear that she would not have been able to be up here at all. Now, she just felt mildly uncomfortable as she forged her way through the snow. She lowered her head once more, drawing in the scents and searching for the one she wanted, much like she did when she looked for useful plants, but she didn't pick up her leader's scent, so she continued her trek.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The cold was awfully bitter, but her hunts had been good earlier today, so she decided to stay out and up around after shooing her son off for her own doings. Thankfully the sun was managing to peek through the scattering cloudcover, so some warming rays managed to find her shoulders. This drove her out to someplace open, so she found a small swatch of meadow to loiter on.

In having well settled in, she dozed intermittently on a sunny rocky perch until she could hear, then smell, someone's approach. Since her spot gave her good enough vantage, she didn't move, and waited to see motion coming up along a nearby pathway, roughly in her general direction through the snows

Speedy..?

She lifted her head a bit and watched a moment longer to see for sure. Ame wondered what had her up here, and if it may be a hunt of some kind, she didn't intend to interrupt prematurely (but wiggled her nose to the winds to check) or if it was something else. For now she just watched and only once she was any closer, she called curiously with a low chuff without unseating from her locale just yet.

her timelines are super flexible rn so i'm good with backdated ;D
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Eventually the scent she had been searching for entered her nose as she made her way higher up the mountain. Speedy followed it until a low chuff broke her concentration, ears flicking once before she lifted her head. The alphess was resting on a sunny rock, and Speedy moved from her spot to trot towards the other woman. She stopped a few feet a way and dipped her head politely. Afternoon, Amekaze, she greeted with a friendly smile. She took a seat, tail wagging slightly behind her. How are you? the healer asked. A lot had happened since she joined Moonspear, and she hadn't really gotten then chance to check on anyone really. She felt for the shadow; the whole blackfeather situation had to be distressing, and even more so with Revui being gone.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
When she knew she was seen, she straightened her sit up just a little more, and comfortably crossed her forepaws while watching Speedy close the distance. Ame still couldn't know why she had come, or that she had sought her out specifically. Greetings, she replied with first, and friendly enough for her standards.

As for herself? She really didn't have a lot to say--not so readily, for it could always be worse, and she had no major complaints right now this instant, anyway. Well enough. How are you? she returned, definitely curious and starting to show it. What has you up this way? she asked back. Needless to say, Speedy was the first of much of anyone she had seen up this way today. Not that she was bothered by this, but this didn't seem like a purposeless hike.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
The alphess inquired as to her current state and her reason for being up here today. It was true that Speedy usually remained farther down the mountain; her coat was thinner and she was small, which meant she wasn't really protected much from the cold even if she was starting to become somewhat used to it. I'm doing okay, she replied with a friendly smile. Her wounds were healed and she barely ever woke from a nightmare anymore, for which she was very thankful. I actually came up here to find you, she answered next. She had just started making her way up the mountain with the hope the she would run into the dark woman somewhere along the way. I was wondering if you and Charon were going to have children this spring, the healer said first. I just want to offer my help in anyway in case you had any concerns or questions or requests, Speedy finished. She hoped she didn't come across as too obvious. She'd hate to make the alphess uncomfortable or create any trouble between her and her mate, but she had promised she would do this, and she thought this was also a good way to let the other woman know she was here for her if she ever needed anything.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Speedy gave her little on herself, and seemed keen enough to keep this turned towards the dark alpha's interest with her next reveal. Indeed, she had come to the right place if she sought Ame's attentions for today, but she had to wonder why, exactly. She canted her head accordingly.

As she spoke on, she felt her ears slowly, subtly, angle back a notch. A part of her recognized a caregiver's point of view here, but her independence, and experience, made her tight-lipped on the subjects at hand here. She was not in excess of time if she did intend a litter in the spring—not that she had always been bound by that before, though. If nature deems it, she answered simply, paired with a soft nod. Charon was an insistent creature, and should she take to the season at any point, she didn't anticipate anything not happening. It was not always up to her, however, and without that last threshold of nature, nothing productive was going to come of it regardless.

She anticipated it, some days. Other times it was far from occurring to her, especially on her own when she remembered the hard times before. On Moonspear, it had not been an issue and she had been tied to the skies on more than one occasion. Prior, a touch more difficult, a lot less clear, and perhaps she was reminiscent of that now too when faced with her mate's pressures on the matter. She wondered when, or even if, but these were still very private thoughts.

As she considered Speedy's offer, while it was nice and all, it didn't rouse a lot out of her for the moment. Thanks, but.. if it does come to that, it is far from my first experience, she curved out a smirk but it didn't quite reach her eyes entirely, and gestured in general. With her offspring in plenty here, and now sprinkling into the wilds beyond, she felt she had a good grasp on how to make that work.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy listened thoughtfully as the alphess cryptically answered her question. The empath's mind dwelling on the word if. Did that mean she wasn't sure she would go into season this year? Or was she just really going to wait and see what happened? Either way, Speedy didn't think it respectful or kind to probe her anymore on the subject. I would love to see children running around, she finally offered, neither pressing her alpha for more info nor dropping the subject completely.

To Amekaze's next statement, the healer's ears briefly fell, embarrassment settling in her chest some at the thought that her offer had come off as a stab at the other woman's ability to carry and give birth to her children. I'm sorry, she said quickly. I didn't mean that you weren't capable, the healer continued a little awkwardly. I only meant to assure you that I'm here for you if you need it. Speedy offered her a warm smile, hoping she had cleared things up. She would hate to offend the alphess; she only wanted to get closer to her and be able to assist her if needed.
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She couldn't disagree, but she was choosy because while offspring were a boon to their future and morale alike, they were a tap on their resources all the same. Puppies later in the springtime and summer were only easier to feed and although she was not making any quick efforts towards bringing these youth to the slopes, she often wondered of her oldest daughters, and how this may pan out if she... did not, or not until much later.

Mhm, even if they are a lot of work, she mused, and thought to add: stress and heartbreak too. But, to the healer's apology, Ame did not mean it to seem quite so.. cut. Looking back, she wished she had this opportunity last year. She could have used it, possibly, if she would have been able to admit it then back at the time but her last litter's birth had left her far more fatigued than the rest. It was her middle litter that was just cursed well after she bore them, and her first had been marked by issue even well before their arrival too, so she had covered all of her options well over the years, although last year had taken its own toll. It is alright, I understand. Just know I have reared mine three times through here, and managed not to kill everyone--myself included, in the process.. she said with small grin back, and hoped for an equal measure of understanding returned to her. She knew what went into it all firsthand, down to the ugliest, lowest times. Plus, she was a private sort even on her best days. Ame did not make it easy to get close to delicate matters such as her own reproduction and all entailed.

I do appreciate the concern and the offer too, but until there is the season for it, I am afraid I do not have much else to add for now, she said, knowing that Charon was in a rush for her heat worse than ever before so she almost thought she should feel apologetic for this (she didn't, though). Not even her hale eldest offspring had seen to theirs, either, and she was a creature who trusted in nature first and foremost so there had to be a reason for it, one unseen.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Very sorry for the awful wait

Children were a lot of work, that she knew. She was one of many siblings and had heard her mother tell all the stories about what it was like to raise children. Although, hearing stories and having to actually do it were two very different things; there was no misunderstanding that. She imagined if she had gone to her mother and offered her help doing something she had done many times, she would have gotten the same reaction as she had from the alphess. Speedy nodded, a smile forming on her face at the other woman's last words. At least she had appreciated the concern, so the healer didn't feel too embarrassed about offering her help in a situation where the other party was far more experienced. Of course, she offered. Is there anything else I can do to help you? she asked, genuinely seeking to aid the Moonspear leader in any way she could. Maybe they could put this failed attempt at help behind them and move on to something else. Maybe something that Speedy had more practical knowledge in?
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Where her worries actually were at was a far more complicated matter than she was comfortable bringing up. She couldn't even say for sure if she was going to have a heat, let alone new puppies to have to worry about. Ever one to not get too ahead of herself where such matters of the body and soul might be at play, she just couldn't really rile up anything else in the meantime despite everyone's best interests in it. She didn't have it in her to fake it if there was no guarantee, either.

Again, she appreciated the offer and all told, she appreciated Speedy despite the sensitive subject matter. Ame just wanted her to keep doing as she was, seemingly comfortable and well-adjusted, functional and all. She was an easy company to keep and the dark alpha really could cherish that. For now, I am all good, but if I can think of something, you will know, she said, beginning to lean in favor of something easier on the mind--she didn't want to consider pups, or if she could have them because what if she couldn't anymore? Too tense a topic, and she didn't want that. My only goal for the rest of the afternoon is a warm nap in the sun. If you want to stay, feel free.. I do not mind the company, she invited (because she wouldn't turn down the chance to get to know her a little better), but as she shifted better onto the side of her hip, she might start getting comfortable with or without an answer. Her plans weren't changing. But do not let my indulgence keep you away, if you have other matters, she smirked, and let her take it or leave it. Either way, Ame was settling in for relaxation.

s'all good with me! i'm trying to fade out older stuff bc i have been slow also, i hope that's okay i kind of steered it that way! ;o;
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
That's totally fine! <3

Speedy nodded, satisfied with her answer; at least now the alphess knew she was available should she decide she needed something. When Amekaze invited her to join her in her afternoon plans, Speedy smiled. That sounds like a good plan, she answered, moving to settle near the other woman. Sure she normally spent her afternoons finding ways to keep herself busy, but the opportunity to get to know the other Moonspear leader a little better sounded way more intriguing than anything else she could possibly find to do. And sometimes it was nice to just rest and enjoy the moment; maybe she should do that more often, especially if it awarded her time to get to know her packmates more. Sometimes she probably got too caught up in what still needed to be done rather than what she had already built for herself here on the mountain. Luckily, she had the much wiser alpha to help her see that there was more to life.