Shadewood But I never met a girl I could trust
And the world becomes a scattering of stars
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
All Welcome 
The girl had her second gift in her maw, held tenderly for the man. It was an extravagant piece, she thought. Something wild and untamed yet quiet. He better think it looked as good as she thought it looked.

Trotting through the forest, her head held proud and dignified. Looking more womanly than ever, despite her quarry.
 Gwen worried her. The woman seemed too sad for her own good. Hopefully, her gift would cheer her up more as time went on -- damn straight better.

Anyway. Back to @Laroche. The man she'd brought here deserved a gift too -- and it wasn't just the gift of seeing her, yet it was certainly a privilege. She didn't bother calling, she liked to find where her Family preferred to be in these woods anyway. You'd never know when you'd have to find someone in a hurry. First, the girl moved around the borders, suspecting the gruff man to have been given border patrol.
She wouldn't put it past him to do so voluntarily; he seemed like the protective type.
| |
Reach those stars.
109 Posts
Ooc —
She was very right in assuming he was patrolling, because he was and he was also about to head out to wander around the surrounding areas too. He was coming from the opposite direction when he saw her and immediately stopped moving torn between wanting to walk away and wanting to speak to her. She was cute as ever, parading around with something in her mouth looking all busy with something on her mind. He exhaled slowly and his jaw muscles twitched as he clenched his teeth before he released them "If it isnt lil miss Sunshine" he rumbled, expression still stoic though there was a glimmer of humor in his gaze.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She watched the man step from the bushed towards her, earning him a grin from around the gift.
It was a large tooth, slightly curved and sharply tipped and yet very smooth.
It was a whale tooth, washed up from a carcass that had been in turmoil in the storm, dislodging the piece to find itself at Phex's feet on the shore.

Her tail waved in greeting, happy to see Laroche still here and seemingly well. She looked at his face, trying to gauge the wounds on his face that seemed to have had some tending. She gently placed the tooth down, wiggling her jaw from having it clasped around the object for so long, "Hey there, uh, Moody," she tried ok, with a grin, "I brought a gift for you," her eyes glinted with glee, waiting for his reaction. She hoped it'd be just as interested as she was when she found it.
What creature could have a tooth that big?
| |
Reach those stars.
109 Posts
Ooc —
It had taken him a moment to realise she had something in her mouth, looking gleeful about it and if that wasn't the damned cutest thing he'd ever seen. He felt his lips twitching upward before she even spoke and when she did a sharp bark of laughter burst from his maw, startling even him. He cleared his throat and put a serious face back on though there was still a gleam of amusement in his eyes. Moody...is that what she saw him as? He'd have to change that real quick. "A gift? Wow you must really like me then" he teased her, the flirtatious tone in his voice obvious.

He stepped forward and looked at the tooth, ears perking forward. It wasn't like anything he had seen before, he had seen whales. Recently he had found and fed a lost pup who was looking all sad and torn up about the dead whale carcass next to her. He hadn't stuck his head inside the beast's mouth though. "It's incredible...wonder what it came from" he murmured, genuinely impressed. He stood back up and looked at her with the first full smile he'd used "Thanks Phex, I love it" he said. For a moment he reguarded her warmly before he realised how mushy the moment was getting and formed a cocky smirk "I bet you get all the guys presents huh Sunshine?"
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Phex laughed softly with him, knowing it was certainly a pitiful attempt. She didn't care though, it was good to see him happy. "Of course I like you. If I didn't I would...uh..." Phex found it hard to not like anyone, in all honesty. So to hide her embarrassment, she quickly changed the subject, "It must've come from something really big, I found it on a beach. I wonder how big the animals in the ocean are." 
She looked up at him after inspecting the tooth again, a soft grin on her face. 

She admired him, the way his ears pointed, the way he held himself. That grin that reached his eyes as he regarded her. Handsome.
She snorted to herself for, as much as she liked everyone, she'd never had a crush.
"Only the guys I especially like, Laroche." She replied in the same, flirtatious tone he'd used with her, her eyes gleaming with happiness. 
She was glad that he liked her gift, she'd probably bury herself if he didn't.
| |
Reach those stars.
109 Posts
Ooc —
He reguarded her dubiously, watching her fail to explain what would happen if she didn't like someone. He chuckled under his breath, ducking his head to hide his knowing smile. She hadn't come across anyone unpleasant had she? And if she did she probably faced it with a smile. That was his read on her, a young woman who's innocence had yet to be dirtied who's sunny demeanor would never be dimmed. He made no comment though allowing her to keep her dignity as they both looked to the tooth again. He gave a low hum "Plenty big. About fifteen of you. Maybe more cuz uh.. you're teeny" he teased her but then regained a serious look "Wonder if this came from a whale....I came across one dying a while back. Maybe this was from that poor beast" he mused before looking back up at her and catching her staring.

This time he didn't shy away. Silver eyes held her gaze before slowly trailing over her features. He missed feeling like that, able to smile without being guarded, able to love without being hurt. His parents hadn't wanted a good child, they had wanted a young alpha, a serious and stern leader. That's what he had become and sometimes he regretted it. His eyes flared wide with surprise as she returned the flirtation and his lips curled slowly into a suave smirk. She wanted to play the game then? He could indulge "And how many others am I in competition with? I do love a challenge, especially when the prize is so lovely" he purred, standing tall as he looked down at her wondering how much it would take to get her to duck and blush again.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The girl screwed her face up at the man: she wasn't that teeny. Right?
Whatever. His whale story was cool. She'd never seen one but she knew of them, must've been pretty awesome to see one up close even if it was on its last breaths.

She blinked, the mood shifting when he caught her. She didn't balk, didn't even try to hide it. She just gave him a soft smile, a glint catching in her eye that clicked something in her. It was a strange feeling but not unpleasant.
A feeling that heated her when he grinned the way he did.

She thoughts went to Marruz, the man wasn't too dissimilar to Laroche here, but in many ways wrong.  Two sides of the same coin perhaps. The girl couldn't claim to having a mastery on judging character.
The girl decided to choose a dangerous path that would insight jealously in this male that made her feel funny.
"There is one. I suppose you may find yourself beat with this challenge, Laroche." Although she could steel her words, her eyes told the story of her teasing. If he was looking close enough he might realise the game, if not he'd have to be put straight another day.
| |
Reach those stars.
109 Posts
Ooc —
The bachelor saw it, the gleam of challenge accepted coming into her eyes, the look of a woman who knew the game she played and wanted to enjoy it. His eyes took on a knowing look and he felt something he hadn't in a very long time, he felt true desire. Cry's words came to mind, that he had the man's blessing to claim Phex whenever she was ready and to breed before then if she would allow him. He swallowed thickly, eyelids lowering until he gazed at her through thick black lashes, a different more seductive type of smile forming. 

This was until she spoke again, saying she did have another and that the man would prove better than Laroche. Mixed emotions boiled up, amusement that she was so sure of the other suitor's skills before she had even gotten a taste of his. Jealousy that someone else had her so enraptured she lacked faith him. A low rumbled started in his chest, not a mean or menacing sound but a determined noise as he stepped forward closing the distance between them. He looked into her eyes finally and in that moment caught the teasing glint and knew immediately that she lied. The mood changed again, it aroused him that she was so confident as to test his limits, that she wanted to provoke him. If allowed he would lean in and  gently run his muzzle along the side of her neck until his lips pressed to the shell of her ear "Are you sure about that Sunshine?" his words were spoken in a husky, deep voice as his breath tickled the sensitive furs of her ear "You haven't even gotten a taste of what I am like when I desire someone Phex. Nor have you felt the sensations I can give" he stopped there and in a ballsy move nipped at her ear before stepping back, a simmering look in his gaze.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
[Image: N6Za.gif]
Her breath hitched as he came closer, looking up to his towering form. She didn't shy away from him, the noise he made brought a smirk to her face. Her eyes edged with black seemed to just tempt fate with him.
He'd caught her.

She swallowed at his touch, the hairs prickling along her body. A different sort of warmth seemed to coil in her body, causing her tail to twitch. She pressed her own nose to his neck, inhaling softly. Her chest tightened, her heart became a rainstorm that thrummed on rainforest leaves. She couldn't find words to fire back at him, not quick enough at least. 
She was probably going to tell him he was treading a careful line but wasn't about to reveal she wanted his to cross it. That day would come; sooner than she expected too.

She was brought back to herself when he nipped at her ear, everything going silent until he stepped backward. The piebald girl didn't look at him for a moment but when she did, her eyes tilting to give him a sultry, sidelong look. Holding that gaze that spoke levels of his desire.
He'd awoken something in her and it wouldn't be long until it proved the extent of that.
Something inside told her that.
"Perhaps one day I'll invite you to give me a demonstration."
A mischevious smile coiled her lips upwards as she let out a long breath.
"I trust you're not a very busy man, being all grumpy and everything." She held down the trickle of laughter, letting it shine in her eyes instead as she turned her head fully to him.
| |
Reach those stars.
109 Posts
Ooc —
The spot along his neck where her nose had touched tingled like electricity, he could still feel it even as he stepped back. For a moment her silence made him fear that he had stepped over a boundary but then she looked at him and he felt a wave of heat and a tightening in his groin. He swallowed and allowed his eyes to trail over her body slowly, memorizing every curve and every detail as she spoke teasing him, hinting at a future where she would allow him to take her. Her seductive look and even more seductive words were going to be the death of him, at least the part of him that refused to care about anyone but himself. He released a slow breath, eyes going soft and warm "I can always make time for someone I care about" he said simply, no beating around the bush anymore. 

"You're dangerous Sunshine, you know that?" this was said with a humorous exasperation, his lips curling upward to flash his fangs in a full grin. "Cute one second and then sexy the next...its enough to make any man want you" he murmured and then looked up at the sky with a lost expression "The idea of that bothers me Phex, I dont want anyone else having you" there was an edge there, of dangerous jealousy but he said it gently showing that while he felt possessive and jealous, he wouldn't be any threat to her.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Something in her gaze softened at his words. Letting out a slow breath that clouded between them. 
He cared about her? You care about him too.
Well, she wasn't about to deny that to herself or him. Her tail stirred as she took small steps towards him again.
She couldn't bear that distance between them.

The girl reached up to his ear, much like he did her, "As dangerous as I am I'd never hurt you."
She smiled to herself, bringing her head lower to nuzzle along his muzzle, leaving little kisses along his muzzle to his cheek. 
A small amount of concern was hidden in her gaze, concern for his jealousy. She didn't want him to feel negatively with those emotions. Ever. It would hurt her to see him so.
She pulled back for a moment, looking into his eyes.
"I want to be yours."
She knew she meant those words as soon as they left her lips.
This was her Family; she belonged here.
With him.
| |
Reach those stars.
109 Posts
Ooc —
He held still lowering his head as she approached, eyes closing as the tough facade crumbled and he silently accepted her kisses, warmth blossoming in his chest. His tail swayed behind her as a soft sigh left his nostrils, turning his cheek so it pressed against hers as he contemplated her words. He believed her because he honestly didn't think she could hurt a fly buzzing around her maw. He planted his own kiss to her fur, just beneath her ear "I know" he murmured as she pulled away and looked into his eyes. The next thing she said stilled him, his heart stuttered for a moment and he fought to keep his eyes from widening. "Phex..." he rumbled and stepped forward again, wrapping his chin across the back of her neck and pulling her close. It was sudden, a fast bond that secured in under a month but it was one Laroche would take care to continue soldifying. It was almost a case of fate, something he had never believed in before but how could he not now? He had been found by the sun and blessed by her warmth, it melted away the ice that covered his heart "Then you are and I am yours. I will keep you safe, comfort you if you're ever sad. I will do my best to fulfill any wishes and wants" he said a few simple vows, kissing the back of her neck softly.
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
We can fade here if you wish <3

Phex rumbled softly in her pleasure of being accepted.
She knew she would anyway but there was a small part of her that was scared she wouldn't be.
And now he was her...mate.
She blinked once, feeling a sensation she hadn't before -- at least not for a long time. 
More than happiness. Something tamer yet could prove to be as wild as the Teekons itself. 

"I think you will find that you may be the one needing cheering up more often than me," she teased, affectionately brushing her teeth through the fur on his shoulder. She leaned into him, her head resting against him.
More than happy.
Until that playful part of her clicked and pulled her away from him.

She dropped into a play bow, looking up at him with a grin before rising and licking his cheek. She spun away and darted off a few steps before going down into a play bow with a soft trickle of laughter; her present forgotten for the time being. She just enjoyed spending time with him, in all truth. And hoped she'd be able to spend a lot more with him. 
| |
Reach those stars.