Stavanger Bay all shades of blue
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
All Welcome 
Maybe @Embry?

The waves lapped quietly at the shore. The chill in the air seemed to be lifted, at least for a moment. This allowed for the dark warhound to approach the sea and sink his limbs into the gently moving waters. It was brisk, but not impossible to stand in. In time, his skin was numbed to the sensation of cold. He stepped further, until the water reached the underside of his chest. It was there that he paused and breathed in the briny air. All the peace in the world seemed to have settled in their claim, and it was a good feeling.

Overhead, the seagulls cried against the wind that buffeted against them. They swooped and rose in a strange manner, drawing zigzags in the sky with their bodies. After a few more attempts, the birds turned themselves to fly with the breeze and drifted away into the endless stretch of grey. Ford followed their figures with a steady gaze before he set himself to the borders and made to patrol.
I hear the drums echoing tonight
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
ooh yes I've been waiting for another Ford 'n Embry thread

As usual, Embry was up long before dawn, having been roused intially by the chill (though ultimately by the presence of the ocean nearby). For so long he had waited to be near his love that, indeed, any moment apart seemed and was a moment irrevocably wasted.

And so, demarcated by pale ribbons of awakening light, the young man found himself ambling contentedly along the soft, lemony shore. His paws pushed into the grain; morphed with every step into an edifice of the strand - united at last - and, within seconds, seperate once more. All the while his eyes followed the undulating horizon of brilliant ultramarine.

After loosely an hour, when Embry felt fully satisfied and content, his gaze collided with the sight of his newfound packmate and leader. The dark, masked figure was stark in contrast to the sylphlike luminosity of the rolling tide. Nevertheless, Embry felt that the two shared an unspoken attachment; one that simply existed and had no room for question. Nothing was out of place in his eyes, even as he neared Ford's shadowed form. 

He knew the man would sense his approach, and so it was that when he arrived, he submit to the humbling tone of the waters lapping upon the bank and said nothing in the way of true greeting. Instead, with little thought for the cold, Embry plowed with an inkling of self-indulgence into the azure liquid, so that the honeyed oke stood adjacent to his leader. The gentle whisper of the rippling water, stirring at the bid of his adept and easy movements, professed his salutations for him. 

In a reverent tone, Embry murmured, "On a day like this, one needs little evidence to believe in Titans." 
ϟ
​I stopped an old man along the way,
hoping to find some long forgotten words or ancient melodies.
He turned to me as if to say,
"Hurry boy, it's waiting there for you".
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
It was first the scent of another that drew his attention. While he could not see the figure of Embry yet, the sea seemed as though it brought promise of the sandy fellow and his good natured ways. What surprised him most about his group of diverse members was that none of them were difficult to get along with. While he would have much rather kept to himself, the titan knew well that he could not fulfill his destiny without the others in the rift. As capable as he had grown to be, he knew his path was not a lonely one. Another life might have brought him solitude. But he was on the path of the gods. 

The voice of Embry was what arrived next. Ford swung his head around and latched his mismatched sights on the other man. The warhound's expression did not seem to change. Instead, he moved so that his companion could join him at his side. Then he breathed a heavy sigh into the chilling winter air and wondered when they might see spring again. The brutal drop in temperature had worked a terrible ache into his bones - one he could not work out. I am ready for this cold to leave us, the sea wraith commented in a quiet tone. He glanced toward Embry to see what his thoughts on the subject were. He did not remark on the other man's talk of Titans. Ford knew well enough what a titan was like.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry felt that, within seconds, the chill had become the piercing of many daggers within his bones. He sucked in a sharp pocket of the frigid air, nodding vigorously in response to the man's words. The water swayed at the fur along his chest; gently lapping in that motherly rhythm of the soothing current. He lifted his chin and peered further across the water; watched a distant flock of grazing clouds. 

"Soon," he met the gaze of his masked companion with no veneer. The tawny fur along his flanks floated upon the surrounding watery plane, fanning across the liquid blue. The sight accentuated the slight flavor of exasperation within his sea-green orbs. "Even the ocean does not know seasons like this..." 

He dipped his nose towards the sand with a wry chuckle. "Perhaps we could help ourselves and make for the shore, eh? Maybe that would coax some of the cold away." 
ϟ
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
Soon, but not soon enough. Ford felt as though they have lived in the grip of winter already for years. It had been a cold one, too. There were nights when he believed that the waters would simply freeze over, and the ocean would cease to exist as it had once been. The frigid evenings had passed them over without harm, though. Their joints might have been stiffer in the morning after, but they had not lost any lives. It was important that their numbers remained strong through the harder seasons. It would mean a successful summer if they could stay strong.

With an absentminded nod toward Embry, Ford moved to leave the touch of the sea. As soon as his limbs were free of the chilling touch, he felt as though he had left behind a piece of himself. It was almost like a portion of him was left to bob in the waves that tugged and pulled on the earth. He did not stop, though. Once there, he shook his coat free of the droplets that clung to him and turned his attention toward the sandy-colored male who had met him in the swell.

“How has the bay been treating you?” the titan asked him.
238 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Embry was relieved to be freed from the brunt of the cold, though he found that the absence of the beating tide was perturbing. There was a rush in the metric of the ocean that no other elemental power withheld — a constant drum. When he exited, it was as though the drum had diminished to nothing but the simple tapping of his heart against a cage; quiet, melancholy. 

Nevertheless, he believed that he was, at least somewhat, learning how to navigate his cryptic leader. There was something very solemn in his manner of speech; it was always terse as the undercurrent — quick to ebb and stealthy at that. Embry gazed sidelong at the man.

"For how long I have awaited it, I must say I'm partial to claim it has been... paradise," and he smiled at the thought: he, seaside for the remainder of his life. The passion was evident in his stride; in his voice. "I can only imagine what it will be like without the warmth sucked out of it... I fear I might become a pup again." 

Embry set his orbs upon the sand ahead. He watched the water ripple along the strand, pushing against land and propelling back within itself. This land was teeming with the many themes of life; the lessons that no flesh and bone could ever inscribe.
ϟ
stormblessed
282 Posts
Ooc — Cactus
in order to keep things relevant and not stuck in threads that took me forever to respond to them, we should be able to wrap this up with one more post from you. we can say that they discussed embry leaving the pack behind the scenes.

It was good to hear that the bay was proving itself to be a paradise for the others. The chilly winter days had not been kind, but Ford still believed that they had only a bright future ahead of them. He did not believe that there would be many days of frigidity left. Though as that thought swept through his mind, so did the fearsome bite of the winter wind against his flesh and thick coat. The warhound gritted against the touch of it and frowned at the thought that was shared between them. Surely, the sun would bring more spirit out of all of the members of the rift. The titan would be pleased to see more activity there, and with the promise of pups so close to arriving.

“I can only hope that it is a good home for the generations to come and for those who have decided to stay here,” he answered quietly, thoughtfully. The smoky tone of his voice was genuine enough that it could have been easily believed, and he had not sounded too corny, so as to question the validity of what he was saying. “Come, let’s walk and talk some,” the looming figure offered with a gesture of his skull. They would venture down the length of the coast and discuss their plans for the future. Ford did not know what it might hold, but he knew that they would endure anything that found them.