Hushed Willows shed your travails
3 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
ooc. If I'm going about this incorrectly please let me know. I was a little vague on the location because I'm still getting my ball bearings straight with territories, but she is somewhere on the border between Felltree Marsh & Hushed Willows.

ic. Snow fell gently from the sky and slowly spread its cold pale hands across the Teekon Wilds. Within its whitened confines roamed a she-wolf intent on finding shelter. She had just traversed a decent swath of muck and ice and broken trees (known as Felltree Marsh to the initiated), brown up to her shivering elbows, and now all she could do was fantasize about finding a nice comfy hole to lie down in for the night.

A new hope sparked in her heart as the land she traversed came to an end, but she caught wind of an immediate claimed territory before her. A mix of uncertainty and relief settled in, but her desperation to find shelter pushed her to keep going despite conflicting feelings. Within moments she caught a glimpse of a wispy white grove ahead... like something from a dream. When suddenly it hit Rain. She had actually dreamed of being surrounded by willow trees. It was a very good dream and maybe a sign from the universe that she was headed in the right direction. But she thought it insane to expect any good to come from bothering an established pack.

She pondered for a moment but then remembered the growing night, creeping cold, and accumulating snow. Here goes nothing.. She sighed and began a timid pace along the borders, ever so often letting out a crooning Helloooo? while simultaneously thinking she was out of her own mind. Whatever comes, comes. Worst they can do is chew me up... With that thought her soft and searching greetings took on a timbre of unease, but she did not waver in the faith that the universe had brought her here intentionally.

Even if the intention was for her to get herself eaten by territortial wolves.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
welcome! your avatar is really pretty btw!! <3

Lily, restless like usual during this damned pregnancy, was up and about even at this time of night, mulling the idea of going on a trip. She was just about to the border when a gentle greeting caught her attention. Really? At this time of night? And the tremulous inflection was new, too. Must be someone incredibly new to the area, to not know their custom.

The blackbird padded toward the sound, ears perked, and a gentle smile came over her face as she saw the girl--not much older than Seabreeze's children, she thought--standing just behind the border, in the midst of the falling snow.

Hallo, darling, she chirped, tail waving like a banner as she approached with steps lighter than before. Do come into the willows--it's a dreadful night to be out. The trees give some shelter, at least, and the dens even more so. She would ask questions, but only until the yearling was snug inside the territory.
3 Posts
Ooc —
ooc.
!!

ic.
Her bashful calls were answered pleasantly efficiently, but she wasn't bum-rushed by some border-guarding brute like she imagined. No, there before her materialized a delightfully dark-furred female who smelled like a freight train of hormones. It took Rain a minute to recognize the distinct cocktail of aromas emanating from this stranger because she was caught off guard by the lady's fanciful accent and welcoming posture.

She was stuck there as if frozen by the dropping temperatures, a peculiar look on her face as her brain attempted to make sense of such good fortune. Snowflakes collected on the motionless wolfsize doll and she finally managed to eke out a response. She smiled with a hint of confusion on her brow and dipped her head down respectfully, and found herself replying in a similarly polite and proper manner, Gracious me, that would be more lovely than you know. I'm so sorry for the intrusion, I'm just a bit lost. ...and alone. She omitted that last part to avoid being dramatic and pitiful to this kind woman who obviously already had a lot in her belly on her plate.

Many questions burned in her head. Why was a pregnant woman patrolling the borders? Why was she so nice to someone practically trespassing? And most pressing to the long young wolf, could she stay here in this dreamsent paradise? Rain almost forgot her manners and spoke once more, "I'm Sweet Rain." She readied herself to follow the lady wolf into the heart of the willows, her heart all aflutter with terrific joy.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
Not an intrusion, Lily assured her, beckoning the young lady into the trees. Once they'd gone a significant distance into the territory--at least enough to get away from the blowing snow--the blackbird turned back to her new companion with an inquisitive look. She had much to ask--but perhaps it could wait until the light of day. 

You must be exhausted, she murmured, blinking sympathetically at Sweet Rain. I'm Lily. This is Elysium, a sanctuary for anyone who needs it. As long as you are kind and contribute, you can stay as long as you like. We're peaceful, here.

Her face bloomed with a smile, and then she turned her head toward the path that led to the dens. Are you hungry? Tired? What can I do to make you feel comfortable? Her tail swished behind her, a slow and gentle rhythm. That is, if you want to stay, of course. But I figured you might appreciate a reprieve from the storm.
3 Posts
Ooc —
She smiled at the forgiving nature of the wolf and thought, what lucky cubs-to-be. Rain followed her into the territory in awed silence as a sense of peace enveloped her with each step further into the dreamlike land.

I was but my spirit has been restored. This place is gorgeous. She looked around with a disbelieving grin and a gentle wag in her tail while Lily explained the simple, reasonable rules of staying in Elysium. Sounds like my puddle of leaf-water, thank you Lily. If I'm quite honest I think I hit the coyote's cache. I promise to work hard to earn my keep while here, I'm forever grateful for your generosity. It had indeed been a long, weary, and lonely road for the youngster but she felt so blessed in this moment.

Her eyes followed where Lily's muzzle pointed, towards what she assumed were the dens. All I want is a dry place to sleep before the night is through. She paused for a moment before letting curiosity make her bold, Maybe we could trade questions before bedtime? If not now then perhaps another time. She dipped her head and looked up with smiling eyes, so that the fair lady had plenty of space to politely decline if need be.
719 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Coach
Master Therapist
Master Ambassador
She had one of the most interesting ways of talking Lily had ever heard. Not her accent so much as the way she said things; it made the blackbird smile to hear it. And she smiled that the girl seemed to enjoy the willows so much. Lily would never tire of the delight others found in Elysium. 

Of course, she said, accepting the words of gratitude with her own grace, dipping her head. We're just as lucky to have you. And you can ask me all the questions you'd like on the way to the dens.

They began the walk there, steady and slow. Lily's average pace had trended downward over the past few weeks. Her extra heft meant she was no longer as swift and nimble as she once was, though she knew she'd regain her old body again eventually. Even if not. . .she would have children, and that meant more to her than anything, at least in this moment. 

Where are you traveling from? she asked Sweet Rain, casting a glance her way. They continued the conversation into the willows, until Lily found the girl a place to rest and all was well, at least for the time being.