Wheeling Gull Isle and when you move, I'm moved
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker
All Welcome 

she'd come impulsively, throwing herself into travel and against the hazards of the mountains. she'd hesitated for a fortnight to come here, knowing that Aditya's trail ended here (even though she'd promised not to seek him out) and that Sunny's vague story about what he'd done would suddenly become real if she spoke to the sea-wolves, somehow, and she longed for it somehow not to be. but she'd promised and little good came from avoidance, and she she'd struck out against the brine and waves that reminded her achingly of a summer here, once, seemingly eons ago. 

when she stood on the shore, travel-weary and sodden (having swallowd too a great deal of sea-water that had her throat burn) she called for company, remaining within reach of the lapping waves as fridgid wind laced through her pelt.
@Coelacanth
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
A voice she hadn’t heard for what felt like eternities drew Seelie to the Strand in an outright sprint. She’d been working on replanting the gardens, which had been demolished during the storms and would take months to fully rebuild. Things were going as well as could be expected in the winter months, though, and with all of the Seelholms healthy and home, she couldn’t ask for more. She catapulted to the water’s edge and then dug in her heels a safe distance away from Dawn, sending up wings of buttersoft sand, all silver and gold. Her immediate reaction was not joy but concern, though, given Aditya’s treachery and the long lull of time that had passed. “Peace be, Dawn,” she breathed softly, and crossed the distance to the girl, her muzzle outstretched and her tail fluttering in a shyly effusive manner.
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

the ebony flicker that was Coelacanth moved like a dancer over the sand, the haste of her arrival made to seem easy by her grace. sand kicked up from her inky paws as she stopped, and Dawn was still until her words - soft and ethereal, her memories of Seelie did not include a voice - bade her stretch out her own muzzle in turn, seeking to touch her coal-black nose to the woman's cheek. "seelie," she whispered in turn, tail beating softly as if worried too brisk a movement would fracture the moment. she was immeasurably glad the woman appeared well, at least, without immidiate injury and healthy. "how are you?" she pulled back a fraction and regarded Seelie with a touch of worry. perhaps some of Morningside had made it here. it was a hope she did not dare voice, but it lingered there all the same; they were, had been, allies. nonetheless, it was not her purpose here.
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
“We rebuild,” Seelie answered softly, her tufted ears flickering uneasily atop her skull. Undersea had lost so many, and in the days to come they would likely lose more. “Dawn — ” she whispered, and shook her head. She didn’t have the words to apologize to the girl for her mate’s disloyalty to her and to the Morningside family. “Am sorry,” she breathed, and bent her head and shoulders to the girl, humbling herself before her erstwhile ally and cousin as her lips trembled with unspoken grief. “Am sorry.”
1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

we rebuild. so to had Morningside attempted to do, and in the end they'd dissapated. but their home still stands, their sanctuary, though with Aditya's supposed actions it didn't seem quite as secure as she'd always pictured it. at first, she'd accepted what he'd done numbly, but alone, when the words had time to sink in and her mind time to wander, she could not accept that he could do this. how, and why? that prompted answers and theories she did not want to hear, yet, here she was. and then Seelie was humbling herself while sorries tumbled from her lips like blows. "no, Seelie, no" and then she hurts deeply, something well-guarded breaking and allowing some of that old grief in. she plants kisses on the woman's cheek, deferential, pained. "do not be sorry. I lost them - Catori, the pups, your family as well as mine. it is my blame; when they needed me I failed them." 
587 Posts
Ooc — KJ
Master Medic
I apologize for the wait. ♥

Coelacanth had progressed far beyond the inexperienced, skittish girl of her youth — she was a leader and a protector in her own right, now, and had drawn and spilled blood for the seawolves. Before Dawn, though, she could not help but crumple; though Aditya had been the one to break his marriage bond, being the object of his desire made her feel like an accomplice. “No, Seelie, no,” helped inject a little more steel into her spine — “no,” was very near to (and almost always preceded) the dreaded “bad dog,” — so she quit her apologizing long enough to hear Dawn start on her own. “Oh, Dawn,” she breathed, low and mournful, her ears switching back at mention of her sister-cousin’s name. “You can-not drive the wind, nor steer the sea,” she quoted one of her grandmother’s proverbs. “Only learn to swim.”

Tenderly, she nosed and licked at the young wolf’s muzzle, her tail whisking automatically at Dawn’s ministrations. “Welcome ever Undersea,” she breathed, and in case the girl didn’t know, “Sunny — Elysium. Near Morningside.” Would Dawn join her brother, or strike out on her own? Seelie didn’t think she would be staying on the island — though she would have loved that! “‘Lost’ is all pack lose — not only Dawn.”