Stone Circle affectionately flipping the bird
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Feel free to hop in! Im looking for characters Greyback doesn't have a lot of threads with/ an established relationship! :)

The fleeting flutter of a bird's wings followed by it's caw.
White noise of the morning rain.
The sun's rays peeking just above the horizon.

The mammoth of a man sat idly within the circle of stones, their looming figures stretching high above him as if hands reaching for the sky—eager to escape from the choke-hold of the fog that clouded everything in uncertainty. Strangely enough, the patriarch found the place still comforting despite the eerie tone. He held his head high, letting the rain catch of his face and slide down over his closed eyes only to gather on his chin and drip off in a steady beat.

I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Fog settled on the Valley; eerie, yet equally breathtaking. Evergreen found himself awake before the sun had even risen. Sometimes it happened, although rare. Maybe nature was calling for him, longing for his active presence, or maybe uncle Kaisyn was right and Evergreen is just a dumbass. Whatever option was true, the bearish wolf took to stretching his legs.

He stopped mid-yawn when he reached the Stones. Towering above the heads of even the largest wolves in the pack, it was such an amazing sight. He was just... startled to see he was not the only one to bask in their glory. Ears folded back, flustered heat touching his cheeks as he spotted Greyback. Evergreen felt like he was intruding on a private moment (his ogling probably did not help, either).

Clearing his throat, he swerved one ear forward in the general direction of the Patriarch; otherwise maintaining a submissive posture. Good.. Good morning, Sir.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
"The mountains do not break to the wind nor does the sky change for a single individual."
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Twitching his ear to the sound of heavy paw-steps followed by a gruff cleared throat, the tall wolf immediately snapped his eyes open and turned to look over his shoulder, a look of surprised painted across his face. However, it didn't last long as he immediately noticed the male, Evergreen. It was hard not to notice him.

"Good morning, Evergreen," he greeted back, looking the male up and down and taking in the submissive nature with hidden uncertainty. It felt a little odd to have a member cower before him like that. Greyback only asked for such displays when he felt the need to teach others their place. Nevertheless, he smiled at the bear of the wolf, hoping it would melt away some of the shyness he held. "How do you fare? Come— sit with me." he offered.

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His hesitancy must show on his face, and such anxieties grew as Greyback gave him a look over. Of course, Evergreen might have just seen the Patriarch on a bad day, but he is nonetheless wary of the titan after the incident with Ira. He decided to give him the benefit of the doubt, yet definitely wants to remain on his good side. Evergreen's lips curved into a shy grin, easing somewhat as Greyback did not seem to mind his presence.

Oh, uhm, He stumped; used to others asking him how he was. It was usually the opposite. The newcomer nodded his head, and moved to sit next to the Patriarch. Instead of looking directly at Greyback, he opted to look at the fog covered valley before them. I'm alright. It's a lot to get used to, but I like it here. Everyone's kind. Although Evergreen had yet to meet the majority of the pack, something he strived to remedy at this rate. His green gaze shifted towards his leader. How about you? ... How are you, uh, faring?
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Sorry for the late reply, illness is kicking my butt!

As the goliath of the wolves sat next to each other, Greyback followed the younger's gaze into a fog, perplexed by what he was exactly looking at in the hazy valley. Perhaps it was the fog itself, or maybe he was just staring absentmindedly, nethertheless, the Patriarch's gaze matched Evergreen's and he let out a small hum.

Greyback was glad the newcomer was settling in well since they hadn't gotten the chance to really talk after accepting him and his sister. He had seen him about with the other members, but didn't really know much about him. "I'm relieved to hear that," he responded, nodding his head. "I have been well, thank you for asking...Though im much more interested in you,"

Greyback turned to the brown wolf with a snapping change of atmosphere—his face stoic, void of emotion except for the intense stare in his eyes. "Have you been... fancying anyone?" He questioned, his voice tense as he stared down at the male with energy equivalent to an uncapped geyser. The older was no fool, he had seen Evergreen with his daughter once before and was not blind the looks they shared. Greyback stood his ground, waiting for the male to say something in the stretched silence before he let out a bark of a laugh and dropped the facade. "I'm kidding! No need to be so tense, young one."

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
❤ Sorry for my delay this time! I hope you are feeling better.

Eh? Evergreen could not deafen the surprised squeak that slipped from his lips; green eyes darted towards the greyscale Patriarch wide and flustered. His jaw unhinged. Greyback "interested" in him? Heat pooled to his cheeks and ears, enough so that the bearish wolf felt uncomfortable with his thick winter coat. The empty void of Greyback's expression does not help the youngster feel any less panicked.

"Shit," the Newcomer thought—the burning blaze snuffed out with one swooping wind chill. Evergreen remained frozen in spot; jaw hanging open and feeling as if he was abruptly drenched in water. Certainly he knew he found the Patriach attractive—just as he did a few other individuals within the pack—but he never thought it was obvious. (Of course, it never occurred to the dumb wolf that it was Ira Greyback was referring to.)

S-Sir, I, uh... I— Swear it's a misunderstanding! Oh gosh, Valette was going to have his head and he'll die a sad, lonely virgin. Thistle was going to laugh. The world was against him.

Silence stretched between them before suddenly, the Patriach laughed and Evergreen wanted to die where he sat. Not only was he embarrassed beyond belief, he would be lying if he didn't admit that he had a nice voice.

O-Oh, Evergreen choked out with an awkward laugh that followed. If he could scratch the back of his head, he would. For now, the bearish wolf just averted his gaze away from the Patriach again. R-Right. You got me good.

Yeah, totally all a joke. Evergreen didn't fancy anyone. Nope.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
Greyback watched as the younger stirred in the silence—his face filled to the brim with surprise before laughing sheepishly along to the giant, which in turn made greyback glance at Evergreen once more after laughing before shaking his head and settling down. The poor boy had been shaken to the core, but that's exactly what the older wanted after seeing him with his daughter. "I'll take that as a yes, hmm? No need to be afraid, Evergreen. I apologize for scaring you,

The Patriarch straightened upwards and let out a gruff to clear his throat after another pregnant pause. "I may be old but I am not blind to the looks and body language you gave to my daughter, Ira, at the bank;You must not hurt her, she's had enough pain in her life," The memory of his daughter's anguished face after her arrival rang clear in his mind. The torment and humiliation she faced, the lies she was fed—all due to his own selfish actions made his heart squeeze. He didn't want to contribute to any more of that. 

"Promise me you won't." He turned to the bear with a hardened gaze, his brows knit and mouth in a firm line.

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Yes? No. Don’t take it as a yes, Greyback!

Evergreen wished he could become one with the ground. Perhaps if he vanished in thin air, Greyback would forget about this embarrassing conversation. Alas, he did not have such super powers, and it would have likely given the Patriarch a worse impression of the bearish boy.

His flustered attitude swiftly turned into surprise once Greyback went on to mention his daughter. It’s as if a light bulb finally switched on above Evergreen’s head. “Oh,” he murmured aloud under his breath. So that was their connection. The instance at the River made so much more sense now. He found his heart going out to Ira, no one deserved to be in pain.

“I won’t. I promise.” He was serious; green eyes met Greyback’s and the bearish wolf gave him a firm nod. Evergreen was uncertain when it came to feelings, and he was not sure if the implications Greyback was making stood true for Ira, too, but he knew he wouldn’t bring harm to her.
508 Posts
Ooc — Wilthking
The Patriarch didn't hear the soft murmuring under the males breath, only the promise he made back as green and orange gazes clashed. Greyback sat there silently once more, continuing to stare into the boys eyes in hope to not find any impurity. Luckily, he didnt only nodded in return, his features once again softening in relaxation. At least that was one less thing he had to worry about.

"I am glad to hear it. I only wish Ira would make more friends, she's quite..." He paused "Lonely. She seems to keep to herself despite being tied to a pack." Greyback shook his head as he thought about how little he had seen his daughter interact with others. So far it had been Valette and little Korei with the other pups, not many others her age. He hoped Evergreen and his sister could at least chill the icy core around her.

"Anyway— how is your sister, has she been settling in?"

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen empathized with Ira in that regard; despite his willingness to socialize with Easthollow, he found himself lacking a true connection with them. He was still new, so he knew it would take time to make friends and bulster trust. Round ears fold back momentarily in thought, before the bearish wolf glanced towards his Patriach.

I hope I can become someone she can trust and rely on, Evergreen admitted, deflating somewhat in embarrassment. Maybe he will ask if she and Thistle were willing to have a trip somewhere, or a hunt. Something. Funny enough, it was then Greyback shifted the conversation to Thistle. Evergreen stiffened, and relaxed with a sigh.

To be honest, he started, staring at the fog settled over the Stone Circle. I'm worried about her. We never interacted with others as much in our family pack, and I think she misses our mother and uncle. She seems to keep to herself the same way you said Ira does, and I'm not sure what to do...