Deepwood Weald Let these bones be the giver
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Joining 
Flicker had kept wandering, finding nothing at the Springs. The scent drove her away, off west. Maybe she would find one of those asshole Moonspear dogs and get some answers. She wouldn't put it past them to do something to the girl.

The woman decided to pass through trees, quickly moving away from where it stunk of cougar, not wanting to run into the creature.
Her frame was losing form, she had to admit. She scavenged often, finding frozen bodies under the snow. Hard to eat, but she made it work. 
The youth in Blackfeather...they had enough food for now. She made sure she got them everything she could catch and spare, hoping that the Dark Master would too do the same.
She couldn't stay stuck in the past.

She came across a border, freshly made. She put her head down, inquisitive. It held a slight hint of Maegi, very faint. Her head lifted, scanning the treeline and expecting to see her form to come through. She let a soft sigh loose when she didn't.
Flicker stood at the border, contemplating for a short time. Should she call? For a leader or Maegi?
The scent was too faint for her to bee here recently or here at all...her family.
Could it be har bloodline that was here? Why were they not at Blackfeather?
A stoic expression settled on the woman's face, glaring into the tree line as if they'd done something wrong.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
well hi there :P

The revelation that he had yet another brother barely disgruntled him, did not shift a bone in his slithering body - in all truth, the reaper lacked the heart to care, but perhaps the older boy could fabricate something convenient in future moons to come. It came as no surprise that their ebony father had failed to mention others of the Svartell blood; perhaps Aries had left the coward little chance.

He kept to the shadows.

The demon's lithe body was constructed of lean muscle - a stalking, murderous assassin who kept the night as his guide, the stars as his compass; large paws forged barely a dent in the snow, ceasing to carve a clean sculpture in the ice with every step he made. He had learned long ago to mask his presence, and even now as he watched her, the killer was utterly silent. Not a whisper slipped from a forked tongue.

Until, of course, he grew weary of simply watching - what fun was the game, when the prey had no knowledge of your presence? Aries let his low baritones search across the distance between them, poisonous tendrils of darkness reaching out in anticipation, blunt and solemn. If she gave him nothing of use, he'd switch, replacing one mask with another - there were plenty to go around. Maybe he'd play with her, twist her strings, but first...

"Who are you and what do you want?"
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Heyy c:

She felt the eyes watching her, resisted her body's urge to prickle and turn defensive. IT would only make her seem as if she were up to something; and if she knew anything of how Blackfeather operated...Maegi's bloodline would be just the same.
Dark, calculating and feeding off fear.

A low voice spoke to her, letting her ears cup to find the source -- a vague form could be seen in the trees. She couldn't help but crack a soft smile; she didn't know why. But there was nothing friendly in it.
This wasn't a friendly place.
"I'm Flicker Vaidya, from Blackfeather Woods."
The woman didn't know how much information she should give up about her former pack -- the reason the separation couldn't hold a good will. Especially seeing that there was no aid when there were intruders and low numbers.

"I'm looking for Maegi Melonii. Perhaps you know of her."
If this was indeed the keep of the Melonii bloodline, she'd hit her spot perfectly. It would surely save her lots of time in the near future if she had a starting place, especially if that starting place was a stronghold.
|  • |                                                                                                                        'The wild is wild, but she is feral.' -Mor  
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
"I'm Flicker Vaidya, from Blackfeather Woods."

Blackfeather Woods - a name he'd witnessed crumble to the earth. The reputation lay not within the woods themselves, he'd uncovered, but in those who claimed the true blood, the powerful blood. Meloniis. He had sworn himself to guarding the king and queen of the darkness, watching their crowns embellished in gold, who'd raised him without question, never speaking of his past: not where he came from, nor who he'd left behind.

Flicker Vaidya. Blackfeather Woods.

This sliver of information tempted his interest, unfurling like a waking viper to swipe venemous fangs across her veins - she knew of the woods, and when she spoke Maegi's name, the devil let his tongue swipe across the blackened lips, that only a few hours prior had been washed in crimson blood. He recounted quite suddenly the luminescence of her ivory pelt, glittering in the moon's glow at barely a few moons old, but shook it just as quickly, barring his thoughts under a steel cage. What had become of the ghost?

"She is not here." A blunt reply, solemn but laced with something sharp, prickly. Danger, it was whispered within the very curve of his muzzle, the scars ripping the edges of his shoulder, tearing across his face. "But the meloniis are."
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
The woman watched the man. Her gaze was hard and unflinching. If she could stare into the jaws of death and drag herself away from it she could stand and look at anyone; no matter how twisted their intentions seemed to be.
Yet he gave a straight answer.

Her ears twitched, one flicking behind her. She still felt watched.
'But you were right.'
The Melonii's were indeed here, then. Her tail swayed softly before she licked her muzzle and let her ears splay. This was what she needed; this pack. Her eyes peered at him moments longer, her cut eye still swollen and puffy, before averting her gaze.
"I wish to join you."
Blunt, why not? She wasn't here for gossip. 
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
They locked eyes; unflinching. 

Naked trees susurrated to one another behind them, a crowd of mumbling onlookers, waiting in hushed anticipation for what might rise from the depths of the beast's chest. When a warrior stepped into battle and fought with a stare as hard as rock, would he back down at the first challenge? Would he cower in trepidation, skin trembling and wounds weeping? No.

Only a craven would.

The dark knight stepped forward from the tenebrosity, pushing away the seething shadows to close the distance between them. Flicker had opted to meet his stare, a challenge, and one he'd meet - the wolves who tempted him would learn soon enough that he was not to be tested. He could so easily flip the tables, be the guard, the puppet master, and they'd never even realise. Did she wish to join his list?

Before they could breathe the same air, her gaze was averted, and eyes of crisp beryl surveyed her, as though assessing prey before opting to stalk. At least she had a wisp of intelligence locked inside her skull. "And why should I let you step into the Weald?"
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
She didn't look at him. Not even a glance.
Surely, the electric air of darkness that held it's breath of thunder would explode is she so did.
So she scanned the trees, wondering what they were saying to each other.
She hoped they were only the worst things.

"I am a servant to the Melonii bloodline, my topmost allegiance lays with Maegi, should I find her. But I serve Melonii's, I do what they will ask."
What the fuck was she getting herself into this time.
Swearing herself to those half-deranged, half-sadistic. Again.
Well, it's not like she didn't survive before but...Yakone. Her mate. 

Grey pelt stained through, yellow eyes looking up at her with the glaze of death. Summer, it was a time of happiness. Of joy. She carried his brood. His children.
The Whelping den, the druids helping her. Their wordless chanting seemed to scream a thousand voices yet there was not one. No voice, for if there were, it'd break the spell.
There, the three of the spawn, wriggling, writhing. Still covered in the amniotic sac.
None got to make their first sound before their blood was spilled.

Flicker drew her gaze to the man, pulling herself from the depths of her memory. She looked at his feet, listening. She'd pledge herself to this bloodline, if only it kept her from her self-destruction.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
A minacious blink was all it took to for his gaze to scan over her figure - around 2 or 3 years of age, a lithe physique and healthy, barr the swollen wound beneath her eye. Curious concoctions of red and cream were painted into the strands of her coat, but not at all unprepossessing. Perhaps she could come of use to him, a servant of the Melonii blood, as she so claimed.

If she was swept into the Weald's shadows, there was a chance she could become a new little plaything... he'd appreciate another to tease, after Siobhan's unfortunate disappearance; the ebony girl had bowed to his feet with scarce questioning, pushing her muzzle to the earth before him. Or better yet, Flicker might present him with further challenge. The difficult ones often provided the most refreshing entertainment.

Without a following word to slip into the air, Aries tipped his lips to the sky and sent a summoning call for @Damien or @Nocturnal, greatly intruiged to discover what they might make of the woman, adorned with the most unique crimson spine.
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
As to not feck with timelines too much, I'd say her heat has passed by now so it doesn't get awkward at the borders :p - tagging for reference

The last week or so had she spent at Damien's side, finally fertile and ready to bear him the heirs they needed. It had almost been a kind of honeymoon for the alpha pair, hidden away in the dead of night and not often leaving each other alone, if at all. But all good things eventually came to an end, and so also her heat had passed. Now all there was left to do was pray she had gotten pregnant.

After the howl, Tulugak cawed and quickly joined Nyx as she padded towards the border. The voice had been Aries', she knew that much, and seeing it was at their borders there was either a potential recruit or something less fortunate... Tulugak's claws dug into her midnight fur and the Consort joined her ward's side, pressing her shoulder against his (if allowed to do so) as a silent thanks. Speckled tail raised somewhat modestly and her mismatched eyes landed on the young woman, the wound on her face immediately interesting. It looked swollen, perhaps infected (and if not already would probably easily be if not kept clean) but otherwise she seemed in a good enough state. Greetings. Nyx greeted with a small dip of her head, eyes now wandering to Aries, in the hopes he would explain the situation, and then to the red-spined woman.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
As to not feck with timelines too much, I'd say her heat has passed by now so it doesn't get awkward at the borders :p - tagging for reference

The last week or so had she spent at Damien's side, finally fertile and ready to bear him the heirs they needed. It had almost been a kind of honeymoon for the alpha pair, hidden away in the dead of night and not often leaving each other alone, if at all. But all good things eventually came to an end, and so also her heat had passed. Now all there was left to do was pray she had gotten pregnant.

After the howl, Tulugak cawed and quickly joined Nyx as she padded towards the border. The voice had been Aries', she knew that much, and seeing it was at their borders there was either a potential recruit or something less fortunate... Tulugak's claws dug into her midnight fur and the Consort joined her ward's side, pressing her shoulder against his (if allowed to do so) as a silent thanks. Speckled tail raised somewhat modestly and her mismatched eyes landed on the young woman, the wound on her face immediately interesting. It looked swollen, perhaps infected (and if not already would probably easily be if not kept clean) but otherwise she seemed in a good enough state. Greetings. Nyx greeted with a small dip of her head, eyes now wandering to Aries, in the hopes he would explain the situation, and then to the red-spined woman.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her ears pricked at the howl, gazing off into the trees. Ready to be greeted to chased; she hoped the former. The woman didn’t expect to be greeted with easy acceptance and warmth like Relmyna, but wondered that if the Listener were younger, would she be frostier?

The woman let her gaze flit from the man to the trees, assessing him. She wasn’t about to be caught off guard with a rogue attack. 
At last, a form cloaked in the night sky emerged, a bird roosted on her shoulders like Blue. Maegi. The woman dipped her head respectfully, letting her tail drop. But not weak, not scared. Wary, but who wouldn’t be?

”Greetings,” she started, “I came searching for Maegi Melonii, but seems I have stumbled across her blood.” A soft smile, slight raise of the eyes. Her cunning was evident in the glance she gave the woman. “I pledge myself to you and your bloodline, should you too be Melonii. I am Flicker.” 
She waited for a reply with a held breath, clinging to hope.
Silencer
334 Posts
Ooc — Belle
Away
They waited.

Grim silence hushed the sweeping branches, but soon enough the wind parted and a familiar figurine of ebony and white strode through the undergrowth, emerging with a gentle nudge to Aries' shoulder - he allowed it. Very few were permitted to seek beneath the icy exterior of the soldier (if such a thing existed), but the consort had gifted him a place among the wolves of blackfeather when he was just a whelp, a runaway, who'd abandoned his family in search of something more.

Had it been selfish, to depart without a goodbye? Perhaps.

The reaper had prepared to give a brief rundown of the situation, but was not disatisfied when the svelte stranger spoke for herself - she had some sort of a backbone, that much was evident. What secrets did she hold, beneath mysterious eyes?
If I cannot bend Heaven,
I will raise Hell.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
Here for the gossip, eh?

And right behind her he parted, not keen to let his potentially pregnant consort wander the dark paths of the weald without supervision. And although Nyx had been his main reason to abandon their fortress for one of the few times the past week, Aries' call had quite concerned him. The Clan hadn't had visitors for some time now, and should he have found a potential recruit Damien would want a good look at it before anyone made a decision without consulting him.

He arrived just in time to catch the stranger's words meant for Nyx, and with a doubtful stare he emerged from the shadows, slithering around Nyx possessively to assess the strange female's bearings. She was indeed healthy despite her injury, and should her pledge of loyalty to the Melonii lineage be trustworthy Damien had no reason not to give her the shelter she asked for. But, why was she looking for one of Potema's twisted bastards, specifically?

Why do you seek Maegi? asked the demon dubiously. Sadly (or perhaps thankfully) Damien hadn't had a chance to see the little monsters grow up in Blackfeather Woods, but one thing he knew about them was that their conception had been the one thing to ultimately drive his brother and more so his sister to madness, and now they were all missing. If Flicker was looking for the girl in order to rid the world of her Damien couldn't care less, but he needed to know this first before making a call about her request.
[Image: Q3CYoOl.png]
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Skipping Nyx

The woman blinked, assessing the other who came. A pack with strong members would prove useful at any point, especially if they made up the majority. That is why Blackfeather fell, she suspected.
Her brows twitched. He seemed possessive of the woman: mates.

"She is my friend, I promised that I would follow her. I worry for her, she has been gone for three moons. She gave me shelter and I promised her my loyalty." Her gaze dropped, not wanting to show them the extent of guily in her eyes.
If she had not eaten those mushrooms she would not have to be looking, she could've gone with her.
She hurt her, talking of that Molag Bal.
She shook her head slowly, "It is my wish to find her and serve the Melonii's. I am yours to command." 

Her gaze trailed over the trio, knowing full well this was not the full extent of the pack. She just hoped that she was making the right choice; not for her but for Maegi.
This reminded her of a past life, the one she left behind.
One she thought she'd escaped and now threw herself headfirst into.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
It was a strange feeling knowing someone would be so devoted to such a monstrous creature, but he guessed that Maegi did, after all, have his blood, the blood of a Melonii, and for some reason those with it usually inspired the stronger feelings such as the loyalty this female pledged to Potema's unfortunate daughter. Potema's spawn kept on surprising him.

Now, the last part did sound like a promising item: 'I am yours to command' she said with conviction, and Damien's eyebrow rises with interest. After a moment of thoughtfully looking at her and deciding that he wanted to test how true those words were, the king of shadows finally spoke. I will give you the shelter you ask for, he started confidently, but then his tone turned awfully serious, But only once you've brought my niece home, he stated. Now, the choice was entirely hers. Should her words be honest it would be no pain to find and secure Maegi for The Melonii, and if she succeeded Damien would find in her a great deal of trust and gratefulness for, after all, Maegi was indeed his blood.
223 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Flicker blinked once.
Then nodded, "As you wish." This man was her Alpha now and she had just pledged herself to his every bidding. 

Something inside her recoiled around itself like a serpent. Maegi was her friend but doubted now that once she dragged her here, she would hate the Southerner. This if she didn't come willingly. The way the man said it made her feel like Maegi would wind up here whether she wanted to or not. 

"It would prove useful for names 'round here and who I answer to, y'know. So, tell me so I won't make a mistake." The woman followed orders to the T, to fail could easily dispell death.
She was here to survive, not play a part in what was right and wrong though she had very particular thoughts about what was right and wrong.
BLOOD & FEAR
1,013 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Historian
And so her quest had started. Damien would wait to see how much worth was to her word, and he honestly hoped she surprised him. While Maegi was still a product of monstrous events, she was technically more Melonii than his own children would be, and her place was with the rest of her family.

As for the briefing Flicker requested, Damien gave @Aries a look and nodded giving him back control over the highjacked meeting. He could tell the new recruit everything she needed to know, and so the night king turned without another word and lead his lover back into the shadows.