Neverwinter Forest massive aquarium
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
All Welcome 
Cyclone milled about, eventually finding a sunny spot in the afternoon sun to snooze. She'd been busy marking the borders all morning, and she decided she needed to rest for a little while before she did any more work. Afternoon sun naps were one of her favorite things, and she settled right in. She was snoring in minutes, laid out on her left side with her ears, nose, and paws twitching occasionally.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Tuya had been hanging out with Dash for most of the day now, romping in the snow or touring the forest with his help, and was in good spirits. She missed the days of playful banter with her brother and the camaraderie of being among family, both of which being particular niches that her new friend was filling for the time being. That said, she knew she'd have to branch away from Dash's company eventually. Claiming to need a bathroom break, the girl sauntered off in to the depths of the forest without him — and emerged from one particularly twisted path to find a well lit field, equipped with the sonorous notes of someone fast asleep.

The light caught upon the backs of her copper ears as they pivoted to the sound; she looked around with a little flash of confusion playing across her face, and then that transformed in to mirth when she spotted the dark coated stranger sprawled among the snow and grass. Tuya made sure to approach head-on but judging by the ruckus, the stranger wouldn't hear her coming and would likely not wake up without some persistence. She didn't want to be a creeper — it was rude to stare, so she averted her eyes.

Rather than disturb the stranger outright, Tuya chose to make a game of it. At first she tried to pass by without making any sound at all — which was easy, she slid across the icy patches where the snow had somewhat melted beneath the sunlight — but that soon proved to be too boring. She slid to a stop very close to where the stranger was sleeping, and then, with a flash of mischief in her eyes, turned and launched herself away from them - towards a patch of snow that had managed to collect against some roots. It was about a wolf-length away, and the perfect spot to crow loudly at the dark, Oi, Dash! You're faster than you look! As if she'd just been racing the boy through the forest and had lost to his sublime speed.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
She was a sound sleeper, so it was no surprise that the other wolf snuck about while Cyclone continued to snore the afternoon away. But even the most soundest of sleepers couldn't have slumbered through the ruckus that was caused, including a mention of a wolf Cyclone happened to know to some degree. The Blackthorn rose to her feet, a little out of sorts before she could focus well enough on the multi-shaded coat of the stranger.

Everything okay? Cyclone asked, figuring she could figure out the specifics of this girl's relationship with Dash as the conversation progressed. For now, she just wanted to make sure nothing was wrong with Dash. Cyclone hadn't really caught all of what had been yelled, seeing as she was still half-asleep and plenty drowsy.
26 Posts
Ooc —
She wasn't trying to be a bitch and wake this person up, but the thought had flit through her mind and she couldn't see any fault in having some fun with the moment. When her voice died in the air, Tuya's ears were twisted towards the black smudge and waited for the inevitable fallout: she had to contain herself when the slate wolf spooked awake, but she was unable to prevent herself from smirking when they floundered a bit and spoke. Tuya fluffed a little bit and put on an expression that mimicked surprise and concern, but even as she turned to greet the stranger that affectation faded.

Oh~ I'm so sorry. I was havin' a run with my new friend Dash but ah, he got away. Not really a lie but not really the truth either; a good lie was always grounded in reality. They had been playing in the snowy forest hours ago, so it wasn't the wrong thing to say exactly. Tuya drifted closer and plonked herself against the snow, sitting with a crunch as the soft outer layer of fluffy snow depressed under her weight. He was gonna introduce me to the owner of the forest — her name's Cyclone! Can you imagine that? She's probably the fastest wolf out here, gosh. Okay, going off on a small tangent - but that was Tuya's way.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Thankfully for Cyclone, the girl offered up all the information she had wanted to ask. All except for a name, and the Blackthorn's lips curled into a grin when it turned out this one was looking for none other than the one and only Cyclone. Well, you're in luck! she said, puffing up her chest in a mock show of pride. I'm Cyclone. Can't claim to be the fastest wolf, but I hope I'll meet whatever other expectations you had for me. It sounded as though this girl had already met Dash, and Cyclone had no reason to distrust her on that.

What's your name and what can I do for ya? she asked, canting her head slightly to one side. If she was seeking out Cyclone specifically, maybe she was of a mind to join them.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry!

Tuya was surprised to learn that this individual was the infamous Cyclone; it showed in the shine of her eyes, the slightly slack-jawed gasp of her mouth, and the fanning of her tail. The girl was never very good at staying calm and had she been human, she'd have lost her life's worth in poker within the first two minutes of a game. The way the woman so effortlessly took the compliment and feigned humility was also charming, but mostly Tuya overlooked that stuff because once she had her mind fixed on something (a goal, or an idea, or the way a person must be deep-down) there was no shaking it. Her mind was made up.

What's your name and what can I do for ya? Came the inevitable questions. And in her typically overzealous fashion, Tuya answered: Oh, I'm Tuya. I'm a world traveler, hunter, adventurer - and I want you to train me to be fast! If you can. If you -- if you want, the words tumbled out of her so fast that they might've muddled up a bit or been hard to understand, but she clarified as she continued: Dash said this land was yours? I'd like to live and learn here! If you'll have me. I'll do anything.
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
My, my, my! Tuya had quite the résumé. Not only that, she was practically banging down Cyclone's door trying to get in. That was certainly a first, and one Cyclone was not expecting, but she was sure as shit happy to accept it for what it was. The land is ours, she corrected in the gentlest manner she could think of, Dash, me, and a few others here and there. I don't see any reason why I should turn you away. Tuya had quite the spirit about her, and Cyclone was always willing to take a chance based on that alone.

What brings you here specifically? Is there something about Libertine Coterie that intrigues you? That was, of course, assuming Tuya knew at least a little bit about it. If not, the Blackthorn would be happy to educate as needed.
26 Posts
Ooc —
The way that Cyclone spoke was -- what was the word mom always used? Humble. She didn't seem to notice that Tuya was fangirling all over the place about her supposed speed; but that didn't make much sense to the wanderer. Why bother taking the name of a violent wind-storm if you weren't, in some way, similar? Tuya wanted to grill the other woman about how she'd earned her name but she managed to hold back, to show some control and some patience (her dad would've been proud).

Is there something about Libertine Coterie that intrigues you? came the question. More humility. As if she didn't recognize that to lead, she must be the very best. Why else would this rag-tag group of wolves follow her? But then again, Tuya had no idea what she was really talking about - she'd never been in a pack before, not a real one anyway. She'd learned all she could from mom and dad, and now she was here trying to learn more.

Well, I met Dash. He was cool -- kind of silly, but kind of charming, um, getting sidetracked I could learn a lot from him. And from the others that live here - if I ever meet them -- and mostly, from you. She was smiling now, like she'd just met an idol and couldn't quite fathom what to say. I wanna be fast, and strong, and all that stuff! Can I do that here?
196 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Cyclone agreed with Tuya's assessment of Dash. It was exactly what had attracted her to Dash as well. The Blackthorn would have to be sure to let her know that Dash wasn't anybody's "property" here. Mates were such an old, outdated notion to Cyclone at this point, and she wanted to put herself beyond that. No more possession of another wolf, only good ol' fashioned sharing. But it was much too soon to get into those kinds of discussions right now.

Neasa was admittedly out of the loop when it came to her reputation. Apparently, she was being regarded as some super fast, strong, and "all that stuff" kind of wolf. Those weren't exactly the things that usually preceded her actually meeting somebody. Usually the words used to describe her were "conniving, wretched, home wrecker" and so on and so forth.

What exactly did Dash tell you about me? Cyclone asked, quirking a brow for effect.
26 Posts
Ooc —
Just your name, she blurted enthusiastically, as if that was the answer for everything. To Tuya, it really was. Why name anyone after a powerful force of nature if they weren't powerful themselves? Dash hadn't really indicated much beyond the fact she was building a pack here, but again - only the powerful were capable of that, and so Tuya's views were solidified pretty quickly. The expression on Cyclone's face was a little queer though; Tuya wondered if this land was different from the rest of the world she had travelled through, or maybe -- maybe the teachings of her parents weren't as true as she'd always thought?

Her good cheer diminished a little bit, and she lost her smile for a second or two. You're called Cyclone because you're fast, right? And strong? And a force to be reckoned with? I mean of course you are, it'd be silly to presume you could hold the power of that name just because but the more Tuya rambled on the less certain she felt. In fact, judging by how Cyclone reacted to her rolling commentary, the more likely she'd start feeling like a fish out of water.