Tormented Tarns antifreeze
4 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
Did you know the little spiders, they uh, yeah it's such a funny story! They, yeah, YES! How did you know? Said Tristan to no one in particular in the dead of night atop the center of a frozen pond. Maybe he spoke to the hidden stars, or the tiny flecks of snow slowly drifting from the sky, or maybe the air itself.

His one-sided conversation revved up again like a Bugati in the void. A family of spiders invited me over for supper. I can't recall what we ate, it was too tiny for me to really see or taste. Gnats maybe? Anyway, Grandpa Spider sat us all down for stories afterwards. It was me and THOUSANDS of his children and children's children. They used me as a cushion, I didn't like that part too much but I was so engrossed by Grandpa's tales it was ok. At one point while spinning tales he took it to a whole other LITERAL level and started pulling silk out his rear-end, making little figurines to go along with his stories, and handing them to the youngest spider babies. Their eyes, I swear it was millions of eyes all together, shined so brightly with joy I couldn't help but shed a tear. I mean, what a legend. Anyway, so yeah, that's how I learned what I learned about spiders. He quieted for a moment, ears pricked and moving about as if listening intently to the silence.

Tristan nodded slightly and averted his gaze suddenly to the tree tops in the near distance, Yeah, lookit those webs shining with ice. So many of them. So many spiders full of antifreeze. Stay strong little buddies. Grandpa Spider, if you're out there, fat with antifreeze, I hope you're having a beautiful winter surrounded by eager listeners.

The young wolf seemed to be done speaking to whoever it was he spoke to, and quiet once again reigned over the Tormented Tarns.
12 Posts
Ooc — Brownie
Hanako padded along on the snowy terrain floor. Snow was faintly falling from the dark night sky. ‘Twas a cold night for a lone fae to be wandering off this late. She has been travelling far and wide into new lands and sceneries. Hanako does enjoy nature and every aspect of it. She has been on her own for a very long time, leaving her family behind to discover herself and to see what is out there. She has left home when she was a yearling to make her journey.

Hanako came to a stop, before her was a crystalized web that was glimmering from the moon’s rays. Black small dots were moving around in it. She took a closer look to examine more of these black dots. “Oh my. Well hello there, spiders.” She spoke softly as the frost of air escaped from her maw. “I do hope you all keep warm and safe this winter...another cold time this will be. But do not worry, it will pass.” Hanako lowered her form, padding beneath the spider’s web and continued on the snowy path.

Her muzzle twitched as she caught a scent in the cold breeze as the snow continues to fall. Her black twin peaks perked up above her crania instantly as she looked around in her surroundings. It was a strong scent of a brute nearby. Another varg? Curious as she was, Hanako makes her way through the blankets of snow on her path. Coming cautiously up to a slope and stood at the top, Hanako had a clear viewing of a frozen pond down below before her. Trees covered with snow and frost. More crystallized webs glimmered more from the distance in the area. She has never seen this many webs in her travels. Giving part of nature’s wonders and it’s beauty, even in the winter times.

Her soft hazel hues scanned around in the area more as the scent she followed was closer. Right in the middle of the frozen pond, was a brute sitting alone. Hanako tilted her crania a side, observing him from where she stood. She took caution of not wanting to do down the slope if the varg oppose to be a threat or just wanted to be alone. What is he doing all alone out here? She thought. Her black twin peaks flickered a side from the cold breeze and being tickled from the falling snow. She is a loner, and didn’t want to be a threat towards the other varg. Hanako inhaled and ascends a small, melodic howl, letting the varg know that a newcomer has arrived.