Blackfeather Woods when i come home cold and tired
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
All Welcome 
for @Moonshadow, dated for whenever she'd get to the Woods

When she was younger, the world had seemed so large, so intimidating. Like it would swallow her up if she even dared venture outside the trees, even for just a couple of steps. And the strange thing that had been placed around her neck (and subsequently removed) seemed to prove that notion correct. And then Molag Bal had happened.

Now, the outside was no more than another venue, a change of scenery. So why, still, did she stare out and feel the same fear this early evening as she had as a child?

Maegi sat at the edge of the trees, on the northwestern border of the woods. She'd been to the poison tree, the Weeping Meadow, and her head swam, her vision spun. She straddled the edge between euphoria and nausea, watching the prairie grasses roll and breathe as if they lived, too. The sky of many colors seemed to be everything in this moment, more hues than anyone could possibly count.

Out of the corner of her eye, she saw Cicero coming for her, warning her away from the spores, and cringed from her dead father as if any of this were real, or even possible.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Moonshadow had continued her journey and hoped and prayed that she would be here. How she longed to see a familiar face. It had been a while since she’d seen the young shewolf and was excited at the thought of her being here.

The dark female seen a speck of white peaking between the trees. “Maegi?”
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
In her haze, the shadow could have been anyone. Cass—no. Nyxplease, no. But then she spoke and it became real and—

Moonshadow! she exclaimed, wobbling a little but beckoning her closer. Come here! I haven't seen you in forever. How are you? Her words were slightly slurred, her eyes glazed but undeniably filled with joy.

The debt she owed to the dark woman was immense; it was her life, really. Without Moonshadow's intervention, she might have been lost to the Void, that day on the mountain. She would never be able to repay that debt.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Her tail wagged in happiness in seeing her friend. Moonshadow closed the distance between them as she began to speak. “I’m great, I recently joined a pack on the coast near undersea. How are you? I see you made your way back to the woods.” As much as she liked her new pack she felt as though this was home in a weird way she couldn’t figure out.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
She was displeased with Moonshadow's revelation that she'd found a new home, although she understood why. For some reason or another, she hadn't been wanted here under the previous regime. Except that the regime that once was was no longer, and now. . .

Yes, I'm back, Maegi said, grinning. And. . . She turned her head, and the world spun; she had to concentrate hard not to sway back and fall on her rump as a result. Ramsay, my brother—do you remember him? He's back, too! He's here!

Her voice might have been dulled from toxins, but it was undeniably overjoyed. She turned (slower this time) back to Moonshadow, face gently querulous. We're making a home of our own, here, she murmured. We'd love for you to join us, if your friends on the coast would be okay with that.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
She was being accepted back into the woods back into the land she now considered home the first real home she had. Despite being told to leave as well as her brother yet now she knew things would be different. She trusted the young one and prayed she'd lead fantastically. "I briefly remember your brother from an encounter in the woods actually on the first day I joined. I had tried protecting him and another one of your brothers from a hungry crazed she wolf."

Moonshadows tail wagged behind her body and she nodded. "I would be more than honored to rejoin blackfeather. I may not have been born here but this is home." It was true her loyalties lied with the woods but now they would for Maegi.
Ghost
1,738 Posts
Ooc — mercury
Missionary
Master Toxicologist
The story just further solidified Moonshadow in her mind as someone to trust. That she had not only protected Maegi but also Ramsay and Euron meant more than the girl could express. Her eyes grew warmer; it seemed that the decision to welcome the woman back made even more sense than she'd previously thought.

It will always be your home, she promised. I understand having to leave, every so often. I've done that, too. Just as long as you stay loyal to us here and don't bring any trouble. . .that's all I really can ask. Maegi paused, giving Moonshadow a long look. And I trust you.

And that wasn't something she told to just anyone.
Moonspear
Villager
526 Posts
Ooc — Alyssa
Sorry If it’s short

Moonshadow was ecstatic about being home with someone she knew and to hear that Maegi trusted her put joy in the woman’s heart. With a smile she looked at Maegi. “Well how about you show me around it has been a while since I’ve been here and we can catch up.” And with that the two wolves began talking as they walked into the woods.