Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
All Welcome 
The wintry days passed in a blur as Towhee witnessed @Phox and @Camilla bump uglies too many times to count. The fascination with the act (and any physical effect it may have had on her) ceased after the first few couplings. Nonetheless, the mercenary stood guard, making sure nobody bugged the two of them as they presumably planted the newest seeds of the Redhawks family tree.

The sun shone in the blue February sky as she finished a patrol with a sigh and began making her way back toward their shared domicile. Her cold was nearly gone, though she still felt tired more easily than usual. A nap in the thicket sounded good right about now, if her brother and sister-in-law weren't too busy moving the furniture around.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
121 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
The weather had kept Poe homebound a little more often lately. She knew just where she needed to go to continue her search for the willows and her brothers, but she also knew it would be a longer journey that kept her away for a couple of days. She didn't want to compound that with bad weather that might keep her away even longer when she knew she still had responsibilities to the pack. Fortunately, she wasn't in any rush. Spring was still weeks away, and she was rather enjoying herself being part of this pack. She didn't mind sticking around.

"HA!" Poe chirped triumphantly upon snapping the neck of the groundhog she had just hunted down. It wasn't exactly an impressive kill, but she was pleased with herself anyway. She did a little dance in the snow around its dead body before her mother's voice smacked her upside the head and reminded her of her manners. Then, after a quick thank-you to the gods for the yada-yada-yada, she plucked it up off of the ground and began to trot towards the nearest cache.

About ten minutes into the trip, she spotted Towhee. She'd heard of their beta before and had been meaning to stop in and introduce herself, but hadn't managed to catch her yet. Poe chuffed eagerly through groundhog fur to try and get the girl's attention (completely forgetting about the whole deaf thing) and picked up her pace to intercept her.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She sensed movement and turned, slowing to a stop as she watched an unfamiliar figure moving toward her, carrying something in its mouth. Towhee's eyes fixed on the she-wolf as she took on more detail, along with the dead rodent in her grasp. This must be... she thought, only to blank on the actual name. All she could remember was Phox warning her not to waste too much time getting to know the newest recruit, who planned to bail after a few months.

Well, she couldn't very well avoid someone who was coming straight at her. Towhee remained where she'd halted, brows raising questioningly.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
121 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
In spite of her faux pas, Towhee did appear to notice her and had stopped in her tracks to await Poe's arrival. Poe was thrilled with this and approached with a smiling face and wagging tail (not that she hadn't already been doing those things prior to the beta's notice). Once she came near enough, she dropped the groundhog near her paws and fixed the other girl with an politely interested gaze.

"Hiya! I'm Poe. You're Towhee, right?" she said eagerly, "I've been hoping to run into you and say 'hi'."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
This young she-wolf was a personification of the word "friendly." Towhee watched as she came closer, all smiles and waving tails, and dropped the groundhog at her feet. She didn't bother looking down at it, instead keeping her orange eyes fixed on the girl's face as she anticipated a greeting. One came, right along with an introduction and an anecdote that made the Beta's impassive face finally change a little, as a single brow quirked.

"You wanted to meet me?" she surmised, wondering what Poe had heard about her to compel such a sentiment. "Yes, I'm Towhee," she thought to add, orange eyes speculative and, quite frankly, scrutinizing as they hovered on Poe's mouth.

121 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
"Of course!" Poe answered with a smile, "You're the beta! And I've heard you're quite the bad ass, so how could I even resist introducing myself?" Her tail wagged rapidly at her haunches as she gave the girl a grin. She was quite a pretty woman - not as feminine as other females, but her colouration was simply gorgeous. After a moment admiring her, Poe's eyes popped open as though remembering something and she leaned down to grab the groundhog and toss it over towards Towhee.

"And hey, I even come bearing gifts!" she added as the carcass rolled to a stop, "If you want. I was just going to add it to one of the caches, but it's all yours if you'd like it. I am on the hunt for some brownie points, after all."
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
She couldn't help but wonder who'd fed Poe this information, though of course it was all true. She didn't deign to react much, especially when she noticed Poe's eyes go wide. Towhee anticipated another string of words, though first the newbie seemed to recollect the groundhog. She tossed it toward the Beta, who still didn't look at it, instead trying to do her best to catch the words streaming from Poe's lips.

"Thanks," Towhee said after a beat, closing a paw over the carcass to indicate her acceptance. "I'd give you some brownie points but I heard you're not here to stay, so it cancels out the gift-giving," she said coolly, waiting to see how Poe would react to that.

121 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Poe's smile never wavered, though she did quirk a brow slightly at the deadpan stare she was given. She hadn't even looked at the meal that was thrown at her to make sure she didn't get hit. Was that part of her bad assedness? Slowly, her brain put two and two together and she realized that Towhee had probably been trying to focus on reading her lips. Oof. That was a bit of a faux pas on Poe's part there, hadn't it been?

But speaking of uncomfortable social situations, Towhee went straight to the elephant in the room. Poe could tell immediately that the beta was not pleased with the fact that she would be leaving their ranks, which didn't totally surprise her. Quixote had said that some wouldn't appreciate that and apparently Towhee was one of those. That was unfortunate, but Poe's bright attitude didn't falter for a moment as she addressed the issue.

"Yeah, I get that," she replied, "I take it you're not too thrilled about my temporary stay?"
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It didn't seem to throw her too badly. When asked about her feelings on the matter, Towhee agreed with a deadpan, "No." She went back and forth on whether to say anything else. Could she be bothered with someone who was only going to leave?

Although she wasn't as much of a jerk these days (usually), the honest answer was no. "If you don't need anything else, I'm gonna go somewhere to eat in peace." Meaning: by herself. Perhaps it was rude, though Towhee at least stood still long enough to let Poe get a word in edgewise.

121 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Towhee wasted no time in telling her the honest truth. Poe was as easy-going as they came and she had anticipated the answer she was given, but it still stung. Just a bit. Life would've been far more pleasant if the beta could make peace with Poe's status, but at the end of the day, she was only hurting herself with her negativity. And there wasn't anything Poe could do about it anyway, so.

She smiled and gave an understanding nod. "As you wish," she said with a light shrug, "I hope you enjoy the meal. Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you." Poe waited to turn away until she had finished speaking to make sure Towhee was able to read every word. The beta could dislike her and withhold her trust all she wanted - Mariposa would keep on keeping on. She dipped her muzzle in farewell and left (assuming Towhee didn't stop her for some reason).
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Let me know if there's ever anything I can do for you." This Poe certainly had some gumption, which probably heightened Towhee's opinion of her despite herself. But the Beta made no indication of this, only offering a final nod and a rather noncommittal wave of her paw before retreating elsewhere to enjoy the repast.