Silverlight Terrace what do you want from me?
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
All Welcome 

she'd moved south for no reason other than the restlessless that had crawled into her bones like lines of ants, until she'd woken with the knowledge that she had to be anywhere else than there. and she'd picked south simply because she does not remember the last time she's seen what lays beyond them. the woman moves with all the easy confidence of a grizzly in it's own range, coat reflecting the dim light of the moon above. the latter is a consequence of the three hours spent grooming herself from nose to tail, another, similar fit of restlessness that she allows to dictate her actions having no one and nothing else to do so. exhaustion pursues, but she does not pause in her step, her wanderlust has yet to let up.
That is not dead which can eternal lie. 
And with strange aeons even death may die.

26 Posts
Ooc —
Although Tuya has made some friends within the forest, she isn't thinking about pledging her loyalty for the long-term; she liked Dash well enough and was enamored by the concept of Cyclone the Speedy, but it felt wrong to root herself in any place for a dedicated amount of time. That said, her mind remained focused on Neverwinter even though her feet carried her further south on an exploratory mission she'd set for herself.

Tuya's path drifted through a lumpy field of dense snow. Occasionally a lunge or a skid on the ice would drive up the loose powder (kind of like when someone's careening down a mountain on a snowboard) and let out a chuckle as she caused a small flurry. When the air began to thin she chose to pause a moment to gather her bearings. This was when the girl noticed a dark shape creeping across the snow in the distance - down in the valley, at least nowhere near the mountain slopes.

With her interest piqued she dove off a ledge in to a thicket of ice, nearly didn't stick the landing, and wobbled her way in to a more forthright run to close the distance. It would've been wise not to get too close to the shape; for all she knew it was a bear awakened early from its hibernation, but... To be truthful, that only instilled her with a greater interest.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
Her brother, he might not have recognised, but Charon instantly knew that he faced someone he knew somewhere deep down when he watched the moonlight illuminate her fur as she wandered across the terrace close to his home. Ears perked forward, only to see another wolf approach from a different angle.

Eyes were pulled to the constellation-like freckles. His gaze followed the specks on her fur and then were distracted once more by the figure coming down the slopes. He chuffed to grasp the attention of the constellation wolf and called out, Someone's following you. Then gesturing to wolf number two. Maybe they were already acquainted, and Charon wasn't even sure why he cared at all -- maybe the faint reminiscence the girl brought along? -- but there it was. He kept heading towards her, though eyes were trimmed on the third wolf that was headed there. He blinked as he watched her stumble and no longer felt quite as threatened, honestly, even though she broke into a run towards constellation wolf soon after.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the voice had her stiffen, head pulled back first to catch the speaker in her gaze. scarred, pale, and with a smattering of dak spots across his face; somehow he brings a prickle of recognition. her muzzle inclines a fraction in greeting and small gratitude. his words are more pressing than his appearance, however, and she pauses in her step and turns to face the stranger. the girl is running; it is enough for her hackles to prickle at her spin and her lips the tense, ready to pull back at a moment's notice. "what do you want?" the male's warning is likely all that stopped her from meeting the running girl with fangs and ire, but without the shock that she'd deliver unannounced Cassiopeia merely bristled as the girl succeeded in closeing the distance. a part of her brain still works to try and identify the freckled face and pin a name to it; one that lurks just out of reach.

26 Posts
Ooc —
Tuya skids in the snow and comes up short, stopping just as the dark figure's voice slices through the air at her. It is one of the rare moments where she doesn't know what to say. In her short life she'd not been met with much hostility (which explains so much) and while her parents tried to instill a sense of caution within her, she just didn't take to it. The world was her oyster and she was more than thrilled to explore every inch, meet every person. Except maybe this one.

Or, well, also this one. But maybe she shouldn't have come running full-tilt at them out of nowhere; oh well, she'd try to remember this for next time.

Still, Tuya was at a loss for words for another heartbeat. She opened her mouth to speak and then noticed there weren't just two eyes trained on her - but four. A body she hadn't noticed was standing nearby, hidden because of its similar composition to the snow, and that startled her. I'm sorry -- I -- What if they were dangerous? Finally, she's figured out why her parents were so insistent about slowing down and being mindful of things. I was just going to say hello. I don't mean any harm.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The girl turned round to face the wolf that he had alerted her of and it seemed that they weren't acquainted yet. She demanded to know what the other wanted, and Charon decided to linger around in case she needed help of some sort. He was pretty sure that he knew her from somewhere, but he hadn't had a proper chance to study her yet and realise where he might know her from.

The other girl meanwhile came to a halt and apologised immediately. This made Charon feel a little bit more at ease, though he was surprised to find out that the other girl was here just to say hello. Not a very good idea to come running at someone from the back if you just want to say hi, he said, then added with a grin: Though I imagine you must've figured that out by now yourself. He glanced at the other girl to see how she would respond while he studied the familiar constellation-like freckles on her fur.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
the man's odd and faint familiarity is bothering her still, though there is something which seems him trustworkthy enough for her to focus moreso on the girl than him. his prescence had her less snappy than she would have been had she been alone, and friendly enough to offer a "hello, then." she didn't quite smile, but she found the girl's actions amusing, almost, and thus added "he's right." there was some edge of mirth to her voice, and none of its usual harshness.

26 Posts
Ooc —
They condemned her for her choice but she didn't feel guilty for it, so much as she felt vaguely embarrassed for the call-out. Neither wolf appeared aggressive though. That was a good sign. The pale wolf spoke with a certain level of confidence that reminded her of her father, which earned a glance - something small and shy, almost, and then she was looking at the black wolf - trying to retain the good cheer.

I'm sorry! I travel a lot and I never get to meet anyone, so when I saw you -- I just got excited. Except the woman wasn't alone, and that wouldn't usually have mattered to Tuya except she was feeling a little bit stupid right now, it wasn't her best moment. I'm sorry if I disrupted anything between you two. I'll just go, if that clears things up?

But she had hoped to pick their brains about the territories around them, the sights and sounds and strangers she might find. It wasn't such a bad thing to be turned away though - Tuya could keep exploring on her own and figure it all out herself. It was a good challenge.
starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
The situation had diffused easily and Charon looked between the pair of wolves as each shared their experiences. He could not hide a smirk at the embarrassment of the second wolf. The darker wolf seemed to relax, too, and he was somewhat glad for it, for despite his appearance suggesting otherwise Charon wasn't exactly much of a fighter and he didn't prefer the violent option; especially in a situation where he did not know either wolf.

Oh, we don't actually know each other. It was a coincidence that you... Charon trailed off, distracted as he looked to the constellation-like markings on the darker female's pelt. His knowledge of the stars reminded him of her name, and her name reminded him of who she was. They had never known each other very well, but he remembered her sudden disappearance from Moonspear. When he spoke her name, it was in a tone that suggested some sort of epiphany, as he realised that they did know each other. .. Cassiopeia.
v e r i t a s
436 Posts
Ooc — thalia
he spoke her mind, even though there was something that whispered familiarity in the very back of it. she didn't care in the slightest what the female chose to do, had they met under different conditions she may have been more open to conversation, but the suddenness of her approach had the amiable part of her shut down abruptly. she dipped her head in agreement, gaze moving to land of the man as just before he said her name. 

she blinked, unsettled. "I know you. I don't know how." she admitted, hating the fact that the epiphany was one-sided. the more she chased it, the further is slipped away.

starboy
2,684 Posts
Ooc — Iris
Master Astronomer
Master Guardian
Master Warrior
She seemed to have a similar experience, except she didn't remember where from. He didn't blame her; if it weren't for her pelt and his knowledge of the stars, Charon himself might not have realised where he knew her from either. The other girl was forgotten for a moment as he focussed on Cassiopeia. She had grown a lot, for sure.

I don't blame you, it was a long time ago, he said. She had been young, too, then. Charon vaguely remembered she had a little insolent shit of a brother, and that left her standing in a good light because she was different than he. I'm Charon, Moonspear's Alpha. We took your parents in when you were very little. Among many litters of Moonspear children parented by himself and Amekaze, they were the few who had actually not been of the Ostrega lineage. I didn't think you were still alive. You were still so young when you disappeared one day. Charon had always thought her dead when they could not find her again, but here she was standing before him.