Hushed Willows Not to brag but I think I got skills. [FESTIVAL]
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Private 
@Dawn the side thread you requested!

As soon as Lily had made the teasing little comment, he had bashfully excused himself and made his way immediately toward his sister who looked happier than before. She seemed to have arrived with a group he couldn't recall hearing of but he didn't mind, he was glad she had a home. "Dawn! You look better! Welcome to Elysium...we seem to hold a lot of uh...parties" he said warmly, neck stretching out so he could nuzzle her.
Birdcatcher: 4/10

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

there existed a kind of trepidant warmth between them, and she echoed his gesture easily, glad with the easy with which they spoke. this was a change she was glad of, and her words came easily. "I joined Lost Creek Hollow - the pack of a friend. I am - better, that is." she did not know if the hollow would be her place forever, but it was the kind of thought that did not require immidiate consideration and one she found easy to disregard in favour of the simplicity of the present. "It's impressive, all this. And you? Any luck starting your family?" While she'd never seen much in the woman herself, finding her rather plain and curt, she would never mention this to her brother under any circumstance. Instead, her muzzle curved in a half smile as her gaze questioned gently after the pair.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny nodded, glad to hear that she was working things out. He smiled at her comment on the festival, nodding slowly "This seems to be a common thing. We had a different gathering a while back" he said. The subject moved to whether or not he had started a family yet and his eyes gleamed "Hopefully. We don't know if she's pregnant yet" he said, trying to play it at least slightly cooler though his eyes shined with glee. "What are you up to lately? Anything planned?" he didn't want to just talk about himself, he wanted to hear how she had been fairing as well.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

she smiled at the news, and this time there was only a flicker of longing, of jealousy. "I'm happy for you - next time I see you, perhaps I'll get to meet Sunny 2.0." she didn't know quite how long pregnancy lasted - was it a month, two - but she knew they ought to be born by mid-spring. she shook her head gently at his question, though her practised smile didn't fade. "nothing. adapting - life in another pack still doesn't feel right." she admitted that much, at least, but hesitated to say much more. it was the wrong place to disclose everything, the wrong person - Sunny wouldn't be her confidant anymore. it was wrong to admit all her worries to him when he'd just found his own happiness, and he didn't need her weighing on him just as he was starting a family. "it'll be a matter of time, I think, until it does." smile tugged at her muzzle, tail moved behind her.
1,015 Posts
Ooc — Jay
Sunny chuckled at the "Sunny 2.0" comment though he secretly hoped not. He prayed he would be able to use his mistakes and experiences to guide his children along a better path, one that was less full of guilt and self disgust and more happiness. He listened as she said she was finding it hard to adapt and nodded solemnly agreeing that it would take time "It did for me. Still feels off sometimes but I'm happy here. It's peaceful, i can roam as I please. Aliac is happy too from what I've seen." he said. "What's Sunspire like?" he asked curiously.

1,215 Posts
Ooc — Thalia
Master Ambassador
Tracker

she dipped her head, glad her brother had found a place here. "Rannoch is a good leader, and the wolves are - friendly." they were not a family in the way that Morningside had been, and so she existed seemingly on the edges of them all with no obvious tight-knit core to reach. still, she was content, and provided for the pack just as she had for Morningside. family like hers was not something someone simply stumbled into, and she knew it would take many seasons to find something like she'd once had. "it's a good place." she paused a moment, and motioned with a curve of her muzzle at the group a short distance away. "should we go back?" this was the place for light-hearted festivities, and she wouldn't steal her brother's attentions any longer.