Deepwood Weald Realized I can't not be with you
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He sighs quietly as Midar wraps his body around him, trying hard to ignore the way his own body protests the contact. He is pretty sore after last night, and in the exhaustion of these early hours the myriad of hurt spread across his body seems to blur into a single, all-consuming ache. The reminder of their coupling isn't entirely unpleasant, though; it is a strange way of reassuring himself that he is wanted, but Midar is not the type of man to assure him of this with sweet words and romantic gestures. He'll simply have to take what he can get. He stifles a yawn just as his lover greets him, pausing briefly over the question that follows. Tired, He decides to say after a beat, purposefully avoiding commenting on his physical state. He would perhaps prefer it if Midar curbed his enthusiasm a little, but he's far from willing to risk saying as much and discouraging his mate. Sore as he is, he'd enjoyed last night, and he intends on repeating it soon — hopefully without the fighting next time.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Did you not sleep well? Midar asked, ceasing the licking to move his muzzle softly through his lover's fur to stir up his scent. He was of course concerned that Alarian was tired and wanted to know what kept him from sleep, but he was also relieved to not hear him say that he was sore or that last night had been too much; he too was looking forward to repeating it. The beast continued to move his nose gently through his mate's fur, seeking to soothe him some more as he waited for his answer. He hadn't had any trouble sleeping last night, so he wondered what plagued the scarred male enough to keep him from slumber after their long, tumultuous day yesterday. He had definitely been too exhausted to do much else but sleep by the end of the night.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
He resists the urge to sigh again when Midar questions him further, a little agitated by it. It should be obvious, he thinks, that he'd barely slept — but perhaps he shouldn't be surprised that his lover needs to ask, inattentive as he can be. Not really, He answers after a moment, focusing on Midar's soft touch and trying to forget his agitation. He knows he's only irritable because he's tired, but yesterday's turmoil has yet to leave his mind, and the lingering hurt only fuels his bad mood. Honestly, he wishes he could tell Midar that it's his fault he hadn't slept well — that he doesn't want this mateship and he's not even sure if he wants this relationship anymore, not if it's going to be like this. But he doesn't want to fight again today, so he only presses his face further into his mate's fur and releases a breath, reminding himself that it can't be that bad; he loves Midar, and Midar loves him. Surely they can work out the rest.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
I'm sorry, he answered first, continuing his affections. The short, vague answers were beginning to wear on his nerves a little, especially since he was only trying to help, but he inhaled deeply to steady himself with his mates scent; it wasn't worth fighting over for now. Do you want to sleep now? Midar asked. I'll stay right here and make sure no one disturbs you. He figured Alarian's sleepless night was just from left over stress after their day of fighting, so surely he was feeling a little better now and could maybe get some more sleep. Then maybe he'd be willing to offer the beast more detailed answers to his questions. He wasn't sure how else to help him otherwise, especially since he wasn't really being very forthcoming about anything, leaving Midar to make his own assumptions and offer help based off of those assumptions.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
Guilt flashes through him as Midar apologizes, and he silently vows not to allow his bad mood to ruin their morning, pulling away slightly to look at him. I don't think I can, He admits when Midar offers to let him sleep, pausing a few beats. When he speaks again, his voice wavers slightly, tone betraying his rawness and leaving him uncomfortably vulnerable. I-I'd like it if you could just... hold me for awhile, please. His voice breaks slightly on the last word and he sucks in a breath, pressing his face back into Midar's fur. Normally he might feel embarrassed to make such a request, but he's too tired and in need of comfort for that right now.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
He grew a little concerned at Alarian's first answer. He was starting to wonder if something was still wrong. He was about to ask, but then his lover's request silenced him completely. There was something about the look on his face and the way his voice trembled as he spoke; it felt like someone had stabbed him in the chest, and it was all incredibly confusing. He knew something was wrong, and he wanted to ask more questions, but he just couldn't. All the beast could to do right then was give his mate exactly what he wanted. Midar wrapped around him again, embracing him tightly before relaxing a little around him. I love you, he whispered, once he had settled. He hoped at least his words could help comfort whatever had his lover feeling so vulnerable right now.
1,293 Posts
Ooc —
A soft breath slips from him when Midar curls around him again, and he relaxes into his embrace. His words bring a faint, stinging warmth to his eyes, and it takes him a moment to answer past the lump forming in his throat. I love you too, He mumbles into his fur, emotion thick in his voice. An unexpectedly profound sense of relief has settled over him as his mate's warmth surrounds him, soothing the ache rooted deep in his chest and replacing it with healing golden warmth. The shift is almost dizzying, but he doesn't want to question it; he just wants this moment to last as long as possible.