Shadewood Revelation of a Revolution
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
For that beaut @Amaya

Warmer weather was soon to come; with it, would come Shadewood’s most beautiful array of life. Newborns of all species, blooms of life from fauna and flora alike would encase and surge from within the mysterious woods, and it would prove an amazing place in which to grow, and learn. Cry had not the slightest idea of how to be a Father- he had only just recently stopped calling children ‘spawn’, so it was clear he had a bit of ways to go. Even though @Iskra had been a bit preoccupied, he had made note to speak to the learning Healer of children. But as for now, he wanted to see if Amaya could teach him anything on the matter. 

Pulling up a regal crown, he asked for the newer woman, hoping she would be able to clear his unknown of the looming subject. Until she arrived, he would sit against the trunk of a sturdy hibernating elm, patiently awaiting her arrival in the growing afternoon.

Loner
58 Posts
Ooc — Tara
The gray girl was still settling into her new home, familiarizing herself with the territory and getting a routine that worked for her. She still hadn’t forgotten the conversation that she’d had with Phex so that was on her mind. Something else that was on her mind was the coming spring. She was curious to see her new home once the trees and other plants had come back to life and the snow had melted. For the time being she had to be satisfied with the image that she had come up with in her mind. That was what she was thinking about when she heard Cry’s call.

She stopped her ears swiveling toward the direction it had come from. Amaya wondered what the lead wolf might want. Not wanting to keep him waiting she hurried off through the Keep to where he hoped to find him. A short time later she id find him resting up against one of the trees. The gray girl approached, tail wagging in greeting. “Hello Cry, I hope all is well,” she said with a smile, “Is there something I can do?” she asked wondering if that was why he might have called.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
She didn’t dally- he appreciated it as much whether she shifted or not, as he had nothing important to do today other than his patrolling. A smile, polite and welcoming, tinged his dark lips only enough for the gesture to be seen, but not enough to be overbearingly out there. “Amaya- it’s been a minute. Figured to talk to you and see what you’ve been up to.” He stood and rolled out a stretch, and then turned himself to fully regard her. 

The suave ave plush woman of grey and hushed cinnamon was nice, polite, and Cry respected that as well. Wondered idly if this conversation would make her more comfortable with him, or push her further away.

”Would you happen to know much of children, Amaya? I figured it would be better to know than not,” his baritones lightly explained.

Loner
58 Posts
Ooc — Tara
The gray girl had asked if she could help with something but she also realized that perhaps Cry didn’t need her help with anything just then. Perhaps he was just calling on her to find out how she was settling into her new home. Being leader she thought that he would want to know that since she3 thought it might be his job to make sure that his subordinates were happy in their positions. As it turned out she wasn’t completely wrong in her assumption. “Yes it has been a minute,” she agreed, “I’ve been settling in, getting to know my way around the territory, you know?” She offered another kind smile, “I’ve met Phex and am working on meeting the others.” 

She really did want to get to know her packmates and give them the opportunity to know her. Phex and Cry have both said that the pack was a family and she really wanted to be a part of that family.

Surprise however colored her features when he asked her about children.  She had certainly not been expecting such a question but with spring close at paw she supposed that it was natural. “Well I haven’t had any of my own but I do know a little. What is it exactly that you are curious about?”
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"Ah yes, Phex." He chuckled at the mere thought of the rambunctious youth. She was swiftly grwoing up in Cry's eyes. And even more so in Laroche's, apparently. But on such a related topic,

"Everything." The word flew form his mouth much sooner and much more eager than what he had even thought possible for himself. "Er, well, first how to take care of them- that would be best." He was awful at this. "I'm sorry..I'm a bit frazzled, mentally. I'm thinking of having children with Gwen, and I'd like the best possible advice in keeping them alive." That didn't sound too much better...but it was the truth.
Loner
58 Posts
Ooc — Tara
Thinking of Phex and their first meeting Amaya wondered if in time the two of them would become good friends. The gray woman hadn't ever had a real friend but the concept wasn't foreign to her. She'd just never stayed in one place long enough to really make friends.

Amaya was a little surprised by Cry's sudden outburst. He'd never seemed to be the type to have such moments. Still she gave him a knowing smile before he went on. He gave her a starting point before explaining his plans. “It's quite alright, I do hope things go well with you and Gwen.” She hadn't met the woman he spoke of but she hoped to soon. Now for what she knew of the question he'd asked. “Well for the first few weeks the mother does most of the work but you should be there for her. Bring her food and water, she probably won't want to leave them too much at first. However, there will be times when she will have to so you should be there to watch over them while she's away. Once they start walking and eating solid food you can help a lot by being there to watch them, make sure they aren't going too far.” She stopped there to give him some time to process all of that and waited to see what he might ask next.
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Nodding, it seemed like the general informtion that Gwen would be putting better use to than he. He had no teats- they'd primarily be Gwen's pawful while they stuck to her for the majority of it. He was almost able to see Illecebra having her own, him and his sister Leila helping where they could. He was already trying to keep the Keep's men on the watch for her whenever she went hunting. His paranoia for her safety was extreme. 

"Ive had a bit of experience with babysitting- but I fell do not have that maternal ability to entertain them." His recollection of Xan and Leo was clear how little ability he had to entertain children- Xan was a huffy butt all on his own. And he never got to assist Leo in his paw-filling. A name such as his deserved respect. With his vanishing, he wondered how the pair grew up.
Loner
58 Posts
Ooc — Tara
Amaya thought it was best to start at the beginning for Cry when he asked about the care of pups. Unfortunately there wouldn't be much for him to do at the beginning, the truth was that Gwen might not even let him near the pups. That's how some mothers were. She also knew that there were some that wanted the father close by at all the stages. Not knowing Gwen hamsher couldn't saw what the woman would do but she was sure Cry would figure it out.

“I don't think you need a maternal ability to entertain them Cry,” she said with a smile. “By the time they are up and about they will want to explore and start to learn about their world. As their father you can take them places and make sure they are safe and impart your knowledge of this world on them.” She thought this part would be the most fun for him. To share what he knows and the time with his children that adventures would afford them