Two Rivers Isle “Hath thou no shame? Hath thou no dignity?”
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
His travels continued over the bend and through the first river of the Isle, his company @Rye Black keeping up with no protest both in voice nor speed. But then again, the Phantom mused, he was much younger, thus capable of such. At Rye’s age, Cry was at ease with patrolling ceaselessly. Somewhere down deep in his mind, he swore he could still do it. Should he push himself to, he could. But now, it would begin to come at a cost. He would need to reserve his energy for Gwen, as they had plans for bearing a family together; he couldn’t simply up and risk his life in such harrowing ways, anymore. 

Tell me of your home, Rye- what do they expect of you, if anything?” Was it traditional? Were there customers? Were they spiritual? A cult? @Caiaphas seemed culty to him. A snicker rolled in his heart and remained there so he could hear his travel partner speak.

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Cry's question made Rye's mind call back to his first meeting with a Redhawk, Towhee. The deaf wolf who allowed him into the pack but with the request he pull his weight. That was about it really, not much, Rye thought. Things seemed lax, nothing was too much or too little. No packmates sworn Rye off, or made quick frenemies with him, at least not yet. There was most certainly time for all of that but Rye wasn't too worried. More pressing concerns were on the horizon, his trip to Shadewood. He was beginning to second guess his agreement to visit the Shadewood territory. Things were getting more tense by the step, anxiousness and uncertainty chipping away at the males mind. He understood the others lack of ability to give good directions but something still unsettled Rye. His fur stood on end, more prickily and his hackles, to Ryes reluctance, sat up firmer than before. He tried his best to relax, not wanting to let the other know if his unease but that wasn't in the cards for Rye at that moment. The male would have to deal with it and pray the other wasn't one to take notice of much but Rye had a feeling his prayer was not going to be answered in his favor. 

Back to the matter at hand, Cry's question. "Not much, the Beta of my pack told me to simply pull my weight but I'm going to guess that with more time spend within the pack, the more duties I will have. Though, I don't mind that." Rye was planning to make a generous donation to the food cache sometime within the next couple of days but he wasn't sure what it was going to be. Another time, Rye thought. "What of your pack? How much do you ask of those who follow you?" Rye guessed it was little to nothing, his talk of leadership being easy with few rules and no enemies pretty much said what he wanted to know. Just minus the details, which is what he was after.

"If you lose yourself, your courage soon will follow.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Cry nodded to the explaination from Rye. It was rather traditional, and moreso appreciated as a custom by the majority of packs he had been into. As they crossed the majority of the land that belonged to the Isle, the woods loomed before them on the knoll they stood upon. Shadewood was different, beautiful from afar, to the Watcher. Massive and mysterious. Homely. 
"A little bit more than that, but it's so much more rewarding." Simply pulling your own weight was basic, almost stagnant to Cry. "We expect each other to have Trades, Specialties, Masteries. And those who demonstrate such discipline find themselves higher in rank according to the needs of the Keep.

One thing he prided was his Family being just that- a Family. They worked and opperated just as closely as one. "Ranks don't signify hiarchary much here."

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Late, short but busy day!

Rye's brain sprouted up a few questions like flowers in the spring time. He didn't fully understand the ranking system, and what use it was for having any if it meant little to nothing. Rye saw flaw in Cry's thinking and way of life, but then again, he might not be seeing the bigger picture. However, Rye couldn't help but imagine chaos within the 'ranks', dominate wolves bully others. Doubts surfaced Cry would let that happen, Rye assumed that if the other expected those following him to attain skills, then surly he would have little tolerace for bullying.

"If ranks don't mean much, what does that make your rank?" His question was genuine, wasn't meant to stab or knock down the other. Rye did want to learn more of the males pack, it was interesting. He had never come across packs with rankings like Cry's. In Rye's mind, that all sounded to be difficult to keep track of. "What even are the ranks?" 
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
I’m the one everyone turns to when there’s something important regarding the Family.” There wasn’t much else he could give the male. There also wasn’t much more he really wanted to give the male, as Family business stayed in the Family. That included the flurry of details Rye was expecting answers for. He hadn’t taken offense or anything, but there were rules in place, and he would stick to them.

Information like that stays in the woods. Should you ever come to be a member, or even closely trusted by us, I’m sure you will find out then.” Cry said it with a strong murmur, the baritones as lucid and fluid as the surface of the Isle’s streams. 

443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
Rye listened, quiet as a mouse as Cry explained, even going as far as to quiet his breathing and steps as much as he could. It wasn't intentional, merely a product of Rye's attention being focused in on Cry. Upon hearing the other was going to withhold the rankings, Rye was quickly swimming with questions. The male ran his tongue over his teeth repeatedly as his mind ventured to find answers of its own. Tracing the shapes of his teeth as he got furhter into thought but Rye quickly realized most of his questions wouldn't be answered. If something as simple as rankings was kept secret, then surly most of the questions wondering Ryes' mind would be kept secret. 

However, two questions stuck out as possible questions that could be answered without must protest. If they were met with resistance then Rye would, for the most part, drop the subject of Crys' pack. Why dig if you're only hitting rock, Rye mused.
"If I may ask, why do you keep ranks secret?"
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
"Because there are simply others out there that do not have your best interests in mind. And they have intent that may leave you vulnerable, should they find out who you are, where you stay, and what others call you. Those who tell things that are not meant to be said are those who endanger others, whether it be themselves, or those that ae close to them.

One day, I hope my name does not bring back memories
Of the day that I left her...

Cry knew someday he would be able to let go of his hidden mentality, where he wouldn't have to worry about who was after others. His feet may be slipping, but he hadn't fallen, yet. Turning his sights to the light timber agouti, the Phantom inquired a question of his own. "You are either someone looking to infiltrate secrets that do not belong to you, or you are just unsettled by the grounds you stand on." His baritones remained light, a gentle rumble that seemingly only wante honesty. "Are you unhappy with your pack or something, Rye?"
443 Posts
Ooc — Espero
Away
The more Cry explained, the more Rye's mind concluded the darker male was irrationally paranoid. That sounded harsh but Rye couldn't help but think it, after all it was just ranks. There must've been something that made the other male so cautious and Rye was tempted to ask but there was significant enough evidence to say Cry wouldn't asnwer any questions like that. Hopefully with time, Cry will open up and explain even further but from what Rye has gathered so far about the male, that would be next to impossible.

The darker males question caught Rye's attention, it was unexpected and frankly the male didnt know how to answer. He thought he was happy with them but he didn't know if he was truly happy with his pack. He certainly wasn't unhappy with it but happy? Rye submerged himself in his thoughts, no clear answer came of his thinking, despite the few minutes of silence. "I don't think I can answer that question but.." He trailed, taking a deep breath. "I wouldn't say I'm unhappy, yet I can't say I am happy either. I think I need more time to answer that." Rye looked down at the snow, his features taking on a more serious look, almost defeated looking. It is unknown why, but that question shook him and left him feeling a tad confused on his feelings towards his pack. Rye abhored that uncertain feeling within him.

Rye's head lifted and forced away the look on his face, clearing his throat to talk. "Well I have lots of questions for you but most won't be answered, though here's one that can be." Rye paused, "Are we there yet?" He asked like an impatient child.
So be strong tonight.
Remember who you are."