Deepwood Weald If crazy equals genius, then I'm a fucking arsonist
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
All Welcome 
The beast padded through the snow, moving along the borders as the sun began to rise in the distance. It was just as cold here as it was anywhere he had been lately, but he rarely paid it much attention. He and Alarian's most recent disagreement remained heavy on his mind. It had ended with the scarred male agreeing to be his mate, but there still remained some uncertainty about the way they each viewed certain aspects of their relationship. Midar just wasn't sure it was something he was willing to change his mind about, and it seemed his mate felt the same way. Once again, their shared stubbornness was causing dissonance between them. 

He continued to mull over the situation as he advanced in his patrol, stopping occasionally to inspect any scent markers and freshen them if needed. If anything, the group of Meloniis was diligent in marking their claim, but the beast liked to be extra cautious. Plus, taking out an intruder might help lighten his mood a little.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
104 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
If there was anything Marruz was good for, it was detecting anguish. That or simply gravitating towards it.

Today had been like the many he had repeated now in the Weald: one of reflection and investigation. His new homestead was beautiful in that it was so fitting for its inhabitants — eerie and fey. It was as though the Melonii clan was spawned directly from its shadows.

The limber youth was weaving through a cloven tree when he first spotted yet another brooding silhouette a few paces away. Immediately, he halted and remained there, wedged between the arrow of trunks, to inspect the wolf and familiarize himself with the situation. He didn't recognize the man in particular, but there was no doubt that it was a Melonii by the inky endowment. Still, he was cautious. When it came to incestual families, you simply had no choice but to assume your brethren meshuga by default. 

After a few moments, Marruz decided he might as well make an attempt at introducing himself. The day had been boring and, while he rather enjoyed solitary hours, the boy was ready for some action. It was half the reason he had ventured so far as to be traipsing near the outskirts of the borders. He parted his lips and pushed his voice across the silence of the Deepwood; his breath uncoiling in balmy wisps, "If you're looking for trouble, I can help with that. Unless you'd like to get acquaintanced first." 

Marruz couldn't help the dry humor. It was the introvert's go-to ice-breaker. 

ابن النجوم
"son of the stars"
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The arrival of another made the beast tense, but only briefly as he recognized the man to be a packmate and most likely a relation of some kind. He raised an eyebrow at the other man's words. I'd say killing together doesn't require that we get acquainted, but since there are no victims anywhere close, I'm Midar Melonii, he offered taking a few steps towards the dark stranger before stopping to offer him a curt nod. He studied the other man, noticing the similar color of their coats. The eyes were almost the same, except one of the other man's eyes was so black that it appeared is if he were missing it completely at first. They were definitely related somehow, but Midar could never really guess at first what exactly tied him to any family member he met. It was made especially difficult by the face that he still had absolutely no memory of his life before about a year ago when he woke up at the bottom of a mountain not even knowing what had happened to him. Apart from the raise of his blue-black eyebrow, he kept an expressionless mask painted on his face while he waited for his family member's answer, unsure where this meeting would go or if he would feel inclined to continue talking with him.
إذا تم العقل نقص الكلام
104 Posts
Ooc — Koffey
Marruz watched how the man responded; noted how his movement shifted closer and then halted. He dipped his crown only slightly in response, though his gaze did not retreat but to hide beneath infrequent blinks. 

"So, you let your accomplices go unnamed?" His tone was laced with a jocular lilt, somewhere between joking and completely flat. When it came to being somewhat conversational, the boy was clearly out of practice. "I bet it's no surprise to you that I'm a Melonii, as well. My name is Marruz." Something about this man was familiar, but he couldn't place it. Perhaps he was of closer relation to yet another Melonii he had met within the Weald.

ابن النجوم
"son of the stars"
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Very sorry for the wait!

He stared at the other Melonii, face expressionless for a few seconds before he raised an eyebrow. I've found that most accomplices-- he started, emphasizing the word the other man had used. --don't require introductions to fulfill their purpose, he finished. As for his name, his packamte was correct, the beast had suspected that he was a Melonii from the second he laid eyes on him; their features were just very distinctive, so distinctive that even amnesia couldn't keep him from noticing the similarities. Midar gave only a slight nod to show his agreement with the other man's assumption. He began walking again, resuming his patrol since they had gotten introductions out of the way. He glanced briefly over his shoulder, eyebrow raised again but this time in invitation. The other man could join him if he wished--or not; it mattered little to the beast who was content to continue his patrol alone if his sudden company declined.