Moonspear i've all this wonder of earthly plunder
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
All Welcome 
Although his itched to roam, he stayed glued to the mountain—usually near the borders working the patrol, or if not, determined to hunt to keep himself busy. Jarilo had dialed it all up to eleven as soon as his parents had left the mountain to go visit that festival on the other side of the other mountains, and this prowling yearling was the aftermath. Although nothing had really changed in their absence, and all had been well really in the meantime, he was still anxious about it. It was unusual for them both to be gone at once, and further away than a howl. Evidently it was this fact that had him worked up, so, he was eagerly awaiting their return a little more than he was going to admit out loud.

In keeping to this routine he had set down, he was back on the borderlands and on alert—both for signs of trouble and returning family. There wasn't much daylight left, he guessed, so kept his momentum going and scanned along eagerly over a light, airy trot. If he slowed down too much, he began to worry instead, so he did what worked.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy found herself moving along the borders as well as evening fell around her. She supposed she couldn't do much in the way of fighting, but she still felt it helpful to check the borders every so often to make sure no strangers had randomly showed up; at least then she could call for someone before they made it into their territory. Or what of some poor injured wolf came needing assistance? She'd definitely like to be there if that were to ever happen. 

She had spent most of the day going through her plants and removing anything that was no longer viable. Her stores were beginning to thin, and it made her nervous. Hopefully Charon had been right in his prediction and they didn't have too much longer left of the winter. She was so looking forward to spring; she desperately needed to freshen her herb stores, and she couldn't wait for the weather to warm up again. The healer stopped to sniff at a tree when a dark form ahead caught her attention. Forgetting the tree when she realized it was Jarilo, she trotted towards him, releasing a soft chuff once she was close enough so as not to startle him.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Lost in his own head half the time (especially after his last talk with his dad...), he might not be the most effective of guards, but he was a dedicated one on the cause anyway--even if it was really quiet here right now whether he liked it or not. He eventually noticed Speedy thanks to this, and though confused for a heartbeat over the unexpected company of hers here, he refocused himself and angled his trot over a closer to his packmate.

Hey, he said, shortening his strides when he got close enough to warrant it. The silvery Ostrega was game to keep moving though, or else he felt like it would all catch up to him. What's up? See anything interesting...? he drawled, stepping aside to trot wide around her. Although his words and motions came a little languid for him, restless restless restless the flick of his ears said anyway, alongside the glances towards the beyond he stole maybe once or twice around her.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
Speedy wagged her tail at his greeting, smiling amiably before replying. Hey, she said warmly, watching as he approached. She shrugged her shoulders a little at his question. No, not really, the empath said first, eyes following his movements around her. Just trying to stay busy I guess, she added a second later. Without herbs to gather or packmates to check up on, she found herself with too much free time today. She tilted her head a little, a small smile returning to her face. Mind if I join you in...whatever you're doing? she asked. They were at the borders, so she assumed he was patrolling, but whatever he was doing, she hoped he would accept her company; Spending time with a packmate seemed like the perfect way to spend her time today.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Unwilling to stay still, let alone even entirely reach that point, he didn't take the time to be disappointed in her nothing interesting, either. As for staying busy, however, he nodded along. Me too, he quipped, although there was a difference between just moving around, and actually applying himself enough to call is busy. Not at all.. but it really wasn't much of anything, the moving is good though.. he admitted, though without any extra time spent to consider it, he was whirling off towards his original route's momentum before she had to see too much of his pent-up anxiousness.

He blinked and tried to clear his head again, now with a road ahead, motion underfoot, and a fellow pack mate too. The yearling hoped if he got into a good groove, he could make it work. I guess it was a patrol, if you could call it that, he said half over his shoulder as he merrily assumed she would be joining in, even if his whims didn't come with much prefacing. It was more than just the closest to beyond that he could get, and as always, he supposed any traffic was better than none. His mind was just in too many places to make for a good focus. Although.. you've been the liveliest creature I've come across out here.. so far, he warned, just to say not a lot needed policing yet, so there was just mainly walking and peeing really.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
He seemed...wound up, she thought. His anxious energy was radiating off of him; it felt like heat against her nerves but in the way heat felt when you stood too close to a fire. Despite the discomfort, it drew her to him as he turned and began walking, and she was soon walking up beside him as he continued to talk. He was patrolling as she thought, although he appeared dissatisfied with it. She wondered why, but when she was about to ask, he commented on her being the only thing he had found near the borders today, seemingly answering her question. Well, I'm glad I could liven things up for you, she replied, copying his word. She kept pace with him now, wondering if she should ask about his current state or if it would be too intrusive. It wasn't really her style to hold back, especially when she felt like someone could benefit from talking, so she decided to ask. Is everything okay? she inquired gently, hoping to come off as a concerned friend and not a prying packmate. You just seem a little...agitated, she finished, golden eyes flicking to him briefly before settling back on the path in front of them.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
For just a breath, he snickered, because he was glad she was something besides just walking and peeing to think about, too, but her question kind of turned his expression back towards pensive before he knew exactly how to answer. Yeah.. I mean, nothing's wrong, he reasoned aloud, trying not to entirely sound like he was here to convince himself. All was well and he was just thinking too much--the problem. Just.. antsy, I guess. I think it's a lot of things, He couldn't pin why else, exactly, but knew some major tipping points at least. They just didn't sound very striking.. not when it really unfortunately boiled down to my parents are not right here, and that they had left the entire mountain to the kids, essentially, for more than just a short while when that just didn't happen all that often--all at a time when he had already been feeling uncertain before.

He supposed he was just worrying about it too much and this was probably exactly why his conversation with his dad about a proud legacy had made him feel like such a humongous rube. The balance was not so precarious, and really, nothing had changed, quiet borderlands and all. It was not that bad, and he was just being inexperienced and dumb, here to blow it out of proportion until he knew better.

But he wanted to be the one to get to roam too and that was kind of the kicker here--serving to divide him for further distraction, naturally. While he was a carefully contained panic about this mountainside staying right as it had been when his parents had left it, he had itchy feet that said go see what else he could see. To be both, to rising degrees? Messy. Anyway, he found some mild interest in matching strides with Speed, but just kind of sighed after that when he peered to the route ahead. Hope you've been good, though. Maybe soon it'll actually be more green out and we can do more plant things together, finally.. he said, tired of the wintertime offerings and the spring buds were all just fresh hints still. Soon, though. He was hopeful on that, at least.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She thought it seemed like more than just restlessness, but she wouldn't force him to talk about whatever was on his mind. The offer to talk was there now, so if he needed to talk, hopefully he knew she would gladly listen. She smiled, answering: I've been feeling that way for most of the winter, she said with a soft laugh. So, I get it, she offered next, stopping to inspect the scent on a boulder but finding nothing worth much interest. 

I've been pretty good, other than being restless, she answered. And I certainly hope so; my collection could really use a freshening up, the healer added. She had been counting the days until spring, and now she could feel its presence just around the corner. Soon, the mountainside would be green and full of plant life. Speedy really couldn't wait until she could fill most of her days with plant gathering and managing a much large cache than she had now. I can't wait to see what grows here. Excitement painted her face as she spoke. She couldn't help it. Spring was her most favorite time of the year.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
Knowing she was familiar with some measure of restlessness too did ease his slew of pent concerns somewhat, then made him think, was it all made worse because of winter that still hung onto them? It had to be nearly through; he could see the hints of spring creeping in, more bold by the day.. Maybe these were natural progressions of the very season, like the kinds his mother spoke vaguely about, or that his father seemed to understand as well. He didn't know what they spoke of came heavier than what he was experienced in, although in time and with more seasons under his paws, likely he would learn. He was still but a fledgling compared to them, and really felt the part lately all daunted by the expectations of a grand life ahead in theory.

But it was good that she had been good, and in her typical Speedy way, her easy-going demeanor with her excitement towards what may come to bloom here helped steer him towards something better than stewing on what had him pent up. You'll love it, it's a lot, he grinned, confident that all the coming green would be right up her alley. And that's just what's here. I really have to explore further out this spring more, too.. see what else grows.. all over elsewhere, he said, keenly aware of his need for broader horizons of course. When I visited the Tuktu with Vela, we passed through these swampy places--very soggy, and it was winter then even, but I want to see them in the spring.. even if it's a completely overgrown mess. I have a hunch there should be some good greenery there with that much water around, he rambled, wondering if he was completely off base with his guesses, and eager to see for himself too. Maybe Speedy could make some use of a resource like that.. if the plants truly were unique to a habitat such as swamplands.
836 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Medic
She was beyond excited to hear a first-hand account of what the mountain would look like in the spring; it sounded like it would be perfect, and she couldn't wait to see it for herself. She listened intently as he began to describe exploring outside of Moonspear and a place he visited in Tuktu with his sister. She was very intrigued by the swamp he began to detail for her, and she definitely wanted to check it out once it was warmer. He was correct when he said there might be some good things that grow there, and her mind raced with all the possibilities. She smiled, excitement lighting her golden gaze. I would love to check that place out and to explore all the places around here that might have useful plants growing, she answered, still trotting next to him along the borders. Maybe you could show me the swamp? she said next, shrugging her shoulders a little as she moved. She would go search for it regardless, but she thought it might be much easier to find if he could show her where it was; plus, the journey there would be much more pleasant with a packmate to keep her company. She enjoyed exploring and had done plenty on her own, but she found it was always more fun when she had someone with her.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He was happy to know he was on a good trail there with the swamp, and plants it could possibly harbor. She seemed interested in the idea too so he could take that as a good sign and be happy to share the details he could come up with. I definitely could--and it didn't really seem to take that long to get there, either.. he said with a grin, or maybe he had simply been excited about the trip so it didn't feel like much to him. Either way, a return trip would not only solidify the route in his head, but be a good chance to see how it was in the warmer months--both there and along the way.

Anyway, it was all more plans for a later day to come and in his rambling, he tried to gauge when he would best to revisit the idea. For now he could keep going on about the swamps and what he wondered of, and the continued motion of the patrol helped him greatly. Eventually when he finally started to run out of things to say about wondering of the swamps and its plantlife, he tried to goad Speedy into a faster pace with him to keep this going swiftly along towards new vistas on the mountainside--and away from all the tensions in his head and heart that he couldn't dwell on when he went with his flow instead.