Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
All Welcome 
@Illidan? AW

The man approached the growing youth, still looking around for Grezig. Keen had somehow managed to get detached from his side in the journey over, probably to find somewhere quieter. He didn't blame her.
His gaze finally focused on the hawk-eyed lad, making a beeline for him. 

"Illidan," he greeted with a curt nod, "how are things?"
He assessed the dually coated man, he seemed as nervous as he himself felt inside, but he wouldn't show it here. Not before his Sotaherra nor pack mates, if they were indeed watching this interaction from afar. 
Derg sought to make himself a root of the pack, one to be looked up to for role and a source of trust. He wouldn't revert to the man he used to be.
Not again.

​​134 words
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
there was a moment of swift relief when a familiar face appeared. while illidan had felt like a lost lamb among wolves, he found that the appearance of derg was enough to steal away the tension in his shoulders and back. grezig's brother had been a strange meeting. the young ghost had not been certain about what had been asked of him in their last conversation. he had done what he could to create a positive impression of the distant fellow. so it was a little strange to feel so welcoming – so warm – upon catching sight of him again.

“derg,” the young man remarked with a nod of his head. “things are well. what have you been up to?” he had thought to remark on the man's sister, but he realized that he still had not run into the woman. it was difficult to comment on her well being when he still hadn't spoken to her since her joining. part of him realized that he was likely avoiding her; their last conversation had not been as pleasant as it could have been.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He nodded, casting another glance around, always keeping tabs on his pack members.
Turning his gaze back to the young man, he felt something slide into place, some sort of respect perhaps for the lad. Of course, he held some respect for him, but this time was different.
Somehow.

"I have decided to help Wintersbane found his pack, the Vartija. Perhaps you know of him?" 
He didn't mind publicizing the pack, it's what they needed anyway. He looked down to the hare, "nice catch," he remarked. Indeed it was a sizeable hare. He gave Illidan a ghost of a smile. It always did well to praise good work, it builds up to create bigger and better things.

119 words​
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the name of the man that derg mentioned was familiar to the young ghost. he drew his head upward and lifted his brows slightly at the moniker that had been presented. so, it seemed as though the fierceness of the man’s former pack had fallen into low standings and he had sought to find his own land to claim. it was a respectable thing that he was doing, and a lot of work. illidan had only just joined his mother in the tail end of rusalka’s formation. he had done everything he could to bring more members.

“i ran into him when i was out scouting,” illidan answered with a small smile, his whiskers twitching slightly. “he offered me advice for how to be a good warrior.” the dark-hooded young man had not forgotten any of the things that the blue-eyed beast had provided him by means of mentoring. he had taken the word and committed it to his mind.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Derg nodded slowly, letting his eyes shine his approval. "I'm glad you had a good encounter." The agouti supposed it lent to the young man to have had youth on his side. Wintersbane wasn't one for harming children.

"I hope one day there may be an alliance between my pack and yours, once we've formed of course." He let a pleasant smile show, his ears tilting, "I'm certain if we did, it would be a strong relationship." Planting the idea in the boy now, when they were early, would only prove useful. A fallback should Rusalka fall into hardship and need strength to pull their weight. He doubted the sea-witch let herself fall hard but, seeing her injuries and age; it could become a possibility.

There didn't seem to be any pressing matter, so he didn't ask. Not about his sister at least; she could handle herself. Instead, he decided to inquire about this festival, "So, what brings you here? Just celebrations?" He left it open, not really wanting to create a list. 

180 words​
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the meeting had been good, from what he remembered. the advice that had been given was sound, and illidan did not let it leave him very easily. he had carried the words around with him for a good while after having encountered the tundra wolf. there had not been many cases in which he had to use the good word, but it had become a part of him nevertheless. he anticipated that it would shine through when he needed it most.

there was talk of an alliance between the two packs. now, illidan might have been skilled enough to find himself in the beta position of rusalka, but he did not know that his mother would look so kindly on him forging partnerships with other packs without communicating to her first. he nodded his head to derg, still keeping his expression neutral. “i think an alliance would be beneficial, yes. i'll bring it up, once i've returned,” he promised with a ghostly curling of his lips.

“just thought it would do some good for at least one of our members to join in on this... festival. we were invited, after all. it would have been rude not to show,” illidan then answered the query with a soft laugh. the gravelly tone of his voice had a hint of good humor in it. “what about you?”
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Of course, he wouldn't push now and understood that the word of Caiphas would be final. Probably.
He nodded curtly to the young man, letting his body language show he was attentive.

He tilted his ears, "Of course," he nodded slowly, agreeing with him. It would to ruse not to show up, "we came to see what it was about and perhaps make an alliance with Elysium." He smiled softly, letting the man's good humour sink into his own composure. "So, why'd only you come?" He didn't know if it would be a sensitive subject. Even so, perhaps he'd be able to lend a hand to that. Something to ease the mind of the young man. 

121 words
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
why was he the only one from his pack there? at this query, the dark-hooded young man turned his attention to the mass that had gathered. his sharp gaze roamed the figures of those who had arrived in hopes that he might latch them on a familiar shape from his home. he might have been the only one who was willing to show up to a festival about fertility – mostly because he didn’t fully understand what all of that meant.

“i’m not sure… you know, it’s probably because everyone is so busy back home. i was fortunate enough to finish my tasks early so that i could come out here,” he answered easily, surprised at how the response had fallen from his lips without a lot of thought or care. if he could have spoken that easily with anyone else, he never would have known it. illidan didn’t really want to talk about the absence of his pack members any more. he didn’t like the idea that he was there alone.

“what do you think the best part of this party will be?” the young man asked curiously of derg.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He nodded, understanding the situation Illidan was in. He suspected the lad had friends who'd attend the festival, too. Perhaps they weren't here, or he hadn't seen them yet.
He was just glad that he had Wintersbane, Keen and the Faeryn woman to accompany him. He was half glad he was invited.
He felt glad to see Illidan here.

"You're obviously a hard worker, then. Just remember to never work too hard." He knew it was probably pointless telling him that. Illidan probably wouldn't listen; neither would he, in all honesty. Derg often worked until exhaustion and his legs couldn't carry him another step.
As a former scout, it didn't do him well with the mindset.

He took a brief moment to consider the question before turning to look over his shoulder at Isleña, gesturing to her sleek form standing with others. "I believe she'll be one for me to look out for," He turned back to the man, a soft smile of amusement playing on his lips. He liked to play games.
182 words
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
the boy took the man’s advice with a sheepish grin of sorts. the ivory tips of his canines poked from beneath his dark lips for a moment before he wiped the expression from his face. truthfully, it was good advice. all work and no play made for a very dull individual, but it was difficult for illidan to see how he could stop for even a moment. it seemed that was something the two shared. the young ghost would often work himself to the point of collapse, but he did it so that he might find some sleep. most nights were difficult for him to find any peace in. try as he might, he had seen far more sleepless evenings than restful ones.

when derg motioned to a woman, illidan followed his gaze with a curious look on his young features. he was almost a year, but he hadn’t looked at a woman and truly felt yearning yet. he imagined that the feeling would find him eventually. talk of love and fertility was lost on him in that moment, though. it was probably foolish for him to have joined the festival at all. still, illidan glanced back toward derg with a canting of his head. “is she part of your group, or did you find her here?” the young man inquired.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He shook his head softly.
"No, but I wonder if she could be persuaded otherwise." He let his tail swish softly by his ankles, actually enjoying the conversation. He felt easy around him like he has known him for his entire life. Like a younger brother; or even littermate. Like Grezig.
He saw why she was keen for the lad.

He licked his lips, tilting his head curiously. He wasn't the best at guessing ages but suspected the bi-toned male to be coming of the age of maturity. Perhaps he already had a mate insight. Or if he was to be set with one.
 "Do you have any interests?" He asked curiously, soft amusement on his features.
119 words
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
“you’ve got enough charm,” illidan encouraged with a soft smile and a nod of his head. in the moments after making the remark, he realized that he’d never really taken a moment to talk about finding a significant other. it was odd that he should have shared that moment with grezig’s brother. he had spoken so casually – so openly – that he almost wondered if the festivities had gotten to him and he was truly intoxicated by the celebration of fertility.

when the query was turned around, the dark-hooded young man cleared his throat stiffly. it was difficult to wander through one revelation and then promptly into another, in such a swift fashion. illidan thought only of two wolves in that moment: tunerk and maia. the two women had been positive enforcements in his life. he thought then of his sister raleska and how he hoped that she might find someone who was just as good to her as she was to those around her.

“i’ve been fortunate enough to have some strong women in my life. i can only hope that i’m able to settle down with one, whenever that time comes,” he answered carefully.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Derg nodded with a half grin. Of course, he'd take it as a compliment here for many reasons, not as Illidan being one of those who were inverted. Little did Derg know of what he would do.

Derg's head tilted slightly, wondering if he'd made the young man uncomfortable. His gaze softened with what could be called concern for the others feelings and was about to tell him to drop the subject for fear of hitting the wrong mark when he spoke.
Derg let out a laugh the would echo a whiskey barrel. "It is good you have such women," he complimented, "choose carefully though, a mate is for life and for children." At least, that was how he was brought up believing and still followed. Why would he think differently? 
"I'm certain you will find a mate, you don't seem like the type to be turned down." Now he didn't realise he sounded much like he would be flirting, because he didn't with men. Yet to an outsider it would perhaps seem like it. Or even Illidan. Derg chuckled with his good nature still evident, oblivious of what his words could mean to some.
196 words​

|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
sorry it took me a minute to reply to this one <33 i'd love a more up-to-date thread

it took a lot more than that to make illidan uncomfortable. he had found a way to muddle through most of those conversations with a logical head. had derg delved any deeper into the emotional side of finding a mate, he would have caused a very different reaction in the young ghost. as it was, the dark-hooded young man was capable of taking part in what they were discussing without losing his head.

when derg mentioned that such a bond was intended to last forever, illidan thought of his mother. he wondered if she felt as though she had been robbed of her time with kierkegaard. more than this, he wondered if she had been tempted by anyone else since his father’s passing. the thought caused fire to burn inside of him and he swallowed his feelings swiftly.

“i’ll have to tell you when i do find someone that special. hey, you want to find some food here, maybe?” illidan offered, glancing around at the festivities that were taking place and wondering where they would be able to sink their teeth into a tasty morsel.
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior
Of course! I'm sending him to RUS soon <3 Fade here?

The man nodded, a small smile hinting his lips. Food sounded pretty good right about now. 
He cast a glance to the woman again, marking her actions and wondering if he did have a chance to talk to her.

"Of course," he started, turning back to Illidan, "I wonder what they have." His voice carried the happiness the festival gave him, showed it with the glint in his eye. This was a good day, he decided and was glad he came. Soon, he would have to meet with Grezig again. He wondered if she'd found herself a suitor. That would make him an uncle. Ungle Derg. 
118 words​
|  •  •  |
the gunslinger
558 Posts
Ooc — Bo
<33 yes yes yes! i would love for illidan to greet derg whenever he heads to RUS! please feel free to tag me when that happens.

derg agreed to find something to eat. this allowed for a wave of relief to wash over the ashen young man. he turned his attention toward some of the wolves who were leading the gathering. he followed their movements for a moment before he figured that he'd have better luck taking initiative himself. with a swing of his muzzle, illidan led the two of them through the festival and toward the sweet aroma of food that had filled the willows.