Shadewood Can I Stay The Night?
2 Posts
Ooc —
Joining 
Wow, it was cold out! Mom said that this was one of those nights where the spit froze right on your tongue. 'Course, it was an exaggeration. His mother really liked those. Still, he couldn't resist sticking it out as he walked along, staring down and almost cross-eyed and waiting for the sensation. Annnnnnnndddd. . .nothing.

But oh, well. He still loved her, anyway.

There was a border up ahead, which made him excited but also kind of nervous. He knew that borders meant a pack, and a pack meant shelter, but not everyone took strangers in willy-nilly. He guessed he understood their reasoning. You couldn't trust just anyone you met. It was freezing, though! Surely they couldn't just turn him away, right? Not if he asked nicely?

If he would have had fists instead of paws, and if there were a door rather than a line of wolf-scent and waste, he would have knocked. As it were, he let out a howl at the border and then shuffled, waiting for an answer. In the meantime, Cal put on his best happy face. Who could say no to this face? No one, that's who.
And the world becomes a scattering of stars
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Phex trotted towards the sound of the howl, trying to rid herself of the thoughts swirling in her mind. Ehani, the girl that made her heart leap with joy and loved to talk to, getting lost on her depthless eyes.
Laroche, her mate and loved above all in the Keep. Loved sharing a den with, loved talking to, patrolling with. Loved his touch, his words. Everything.
Her mate.
The two conflicting sides shouldn't conflict, Laroche came first in heart and soul yet Ehani came first to mind. Just a friend, she told herself. She didn't know if she believed it.

Anyways, back to her approach of the strangers on the border. Serious time. She still had her grin but her eyes and ears showed her alertness. Pack meant keeping it safe, she had to be somewhat wary of strangers on the borders. Cry did say there were bad people out there after all. She had no reason not to believe him yet she didn't know of them.
Marruz.
The dark knight sometimes plagued her thoughts. He hated her. She hurt him. Did that make her one of the bad people? She brushed the thoughts under the carpet as she drew to a stop, expecting someone else to arrive behind her or shortly after. Most affairs didn't go uninvestigated here.

"Welcome to Shadewood Keep. What brings you here today?" She asked with a welcoming smile, her voice was never without her soft edge.
| |
Reach those stars.
2 Posts
Ooc —
The girl that greeted him was soft and pretty with a smile much like his. It made him happy to see. It was a sign that perhaps he'd be welcomed here after all. Cal kept his tail low but wagged it eagerly, cocking his head as he stared back at her across the invisible but quite distinct line between them.

Hey, I'm Cal, he said, blinking slowly at her. Her fur was a pleasing color, like a dull, warm flame. I'm new to the area and was looking for a place to stay—would it be okay if I stayed here? He lifted his chin, grinning. I promise I'm not totally useless. I can hunt and scout 'n stuff.
And the world becomes a scattering of stars
288 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Her tail and ears perked at his request, finding the man interesting. He seemed to be Laroche's happy version. She guessed them to be the same sorta age. She kept that easy smile of her face whilst taking a few steps closer and extending her nose to sniff at Cal.

She expected @Cry or even @Gwen to be en route so didn't see too much harm. Besides, this man was harmless, right?
"I'm Phex. I'd be happy to let you stay however it isn't up to me. I'm sure, uh, the Watcher will be here shortly." Cry had explained not to talk of business outside the Family and names shouldn't be given out willy nilly. Well, she certainly had no qualms about her name but didn't want to get on Cry's bad side.
Not that she ever would, of course.
Her eyes gleamed with an easy confidence in her pack. Her Family. She loved them all, even the ones she hadn't met properly. She made a note to seek them out. She was at home and knew that if anyone brought trouble here, they'd certainly be dealt with.
| |
Reach those stars.
I once saw the end of my life.
427 Posts
Ooc —
The empress' mind had been buzzing since her encounter with the watcher, who's touch still shivered down her spine in the early hours of the morning, a steamed memory of passion and wonder; it was a night she never would forget, but with it came a startlingly real conclusion - she could be pregnant. It would explain the burts of sickness that had tumbled over and riled her stomach in the previous days, something that weakened her spirit even now, as she trekked the paths of the keep's domain. Pregnant. After all these perilous years of waiting, rotting in her dismal anticipation, the chance to raise a family with a man she loved had risen to the surface of her story.

The Eruna's pale gown swept across the undergrowth with unspoken grace, the ice queen who ruled beside her ebony king. She felt as though she was drowned into a hazy whisk of glee, beaming as a streak of sunlight dove through the snow-topped canopy above, illuminating her idyllic features. Caught amidst her dreams, she almost skipped past the scents lingering on the wind, but it caught at her nostrils and swerved her course to meander closer. Phex - Phex, and a stranger.

Emerging from the treeline, her fathomless gaze danced from the girl she loved as a daughter to the large figure of agouti who stood in wait beside the border. "Hello," she greeted with a silent glance of curiousity to Phex, wondering how far the girl had got into a conversation with this man, and what might be required.
[Image: 8rXo9x9.gif]
537 Posts
Ooc — Sɪᴛʜ’ᴀʀɪ
Raziel has just finished putting a good 4 meals under the cold earth, the only telling of such being the stain of shimmering wet red over his obsidian snout and the remaining shells of icy dirt caked on his paws. A suave Phantom he was, swift in his kills and absolute in his need to provide for his Family. Nearly a third of their women were pregnant- he could risk anyone falling under duress here. Not under his roof. Or canopy, rather. 

The sounds of conversation were carried amongst the wind, and dark auds stuck to the voices. Soon, body followed. 

Eventually, the ebonian made an entry to the gathered crew, while the Ivorian was who he stuck his frosty gaze to first. A intimately fond set of kisses grazed her shoulder, trailing up her cheek, before he stopped to bump a snout comfortingly against Phex.

Only then did he take notice of the stranger. 

Cry couldnt exactly pinpoint whether it was from his pack being so resoundingly fragile right now, or whether it was simply his own brood that was coming to be soon, but the Phantom was not as keen to simply welcome strangers in so easily, now. 

Welcome to Shadewood,” his baritones directly targeted the newcomer under his winter stare. “Is there anything we can help you with?” He asked to the ‘pleasant’ seeming fellow.