Stavanger Bay yes, i left behind a glass slipper and a business card
in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
All Welcome 
Looking for Lucas! Please come tell Piper she's crazy and needs to get off ur porch

Miles and miles of trekking before she found herself on the edge of another pack. She had started to wonder if there were any wolves who had chosen to settle on the edge of the world after all. The light was fading fast from the sky. Piper knew that she would need to settle down soon and rest for the night so that she could continue her path the next morning. After all of her travels, she had started to grow used to the idea of never staying in one place for very long.

At the edge of the bay, the Redleaf girl drew her crown upward and peered into the folds of the pack. It must have been nice to live beside the sea at all times, she thought. After a moment or two of thoughtful silence, the wildfire drew her head back and called to anyone who might meet her at the borders of the pack.
THE REGULATOR'S SWINGING PENDULUM
129 Posts
Ooc — lauren
PIPER UR ADORABLE AND NEED TO STAY ON MY PORCH

lately, saucy had been a bit distant. rannveig had noticed it and of course was doing everything in his power to smother her with his undying affection - of course his overwhelming presence wasn't pushing her away, right?

he was looking for a horseshoe crab, courtesy of one of their first interactions with each other - but rather than finding a crusty, spicy living fossil, he instead found a crusty, fiesty little firecracker -- only because she howled.

slapping on his most winsome smile, rannveig approached the firebrand with a genial wave of his tail. "AHOY! you havent seen a horseshoe crab, have ya? i'll give you a cool rock for it."

help me inhale,
and mend it with you.

in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
The voice almost startled her into jumping, but she managed to maintain her cool composure as the figure of a slate male approached with twinkling eyes that glimmered in the same color as the ocean water. Piper was transfixed by him as soon as he had appeared. The jovial greeting was not lost on her. The young wildfire of a girl wagged her tail in response to his query, though she really had no idea what he was looking to get from her. She'd never seen a crab before in her life.

“I don't even know what that is, but it sounds like a good trade. I've been looking for a cool rock to give to my mom when I see her again!” the Redleaf told him with a swift smile that stretched along her narrow muzzle. She glanced around them at the sandy landscape, wondering where a horseshoe crab might dwell, or what it might look like. “If you can point one out, I'll get it for you!” Piper offered, hoping he would find this a suitable trade.
129 Posts
Ooc — lauren
oh man, if ever there was a wolf dalia ought to meet.. the red girl’s eyes practically lit up as rannveig mentioned a stone. it would have been adorable except, who even liked rocks that much?

either way it was evident she wasn’t as big a rock nerd as dalia - for that rannveig flourished a giant smile, scanning the beach briefly before turning back to piper. you know what a crab is? it’s like that, except only even more terrifying. he actually hated them and the way they moved — but saucy liked them, hence his reason for looking for them at this particular moment.

help me inhale,
and mend it with you.

in omnia paratus
198 Posts
Ooc — Bo
Listen, Rannveig – what kind of a name is that, anyway – you don't need to know why the rock is important. You probably never received love from your parents, so it only makes sense that you have no frame of reference for wanting to show love back. Piper could recall as clear as day the time she and Laurel had stood on the bank of the river and searched for colorful stones. The Redleaf girl had found one that had been the exact color as Lucas' eyes. She kept it in a secret hiding spot for when he returned home.

“Okay... so we're looking for something scary,” she echoed and turned to glance over her shoulder at the stretch of beach. She really wasn't that easily intimidated. Maybe she'd never seen a crab, but she could bet that a crab had never seen her either. That'd be a shock. “You want to come with, hot shot? Or do you like to send young girls out to fight the bad guys on their own?” Piper then inquired with a sly glance toward him.
129 Posts
Ooc — lauren
well, rannveig didn't blame piper for leaping to the assumption that what they were looking for was scary. he hadn't exactly described it in the most favorable light. "well, so, it's not that it's scary..." he started, glancing down the beach for a minute as he wrestled with how to adequately sum up the absolute hellish contraption a horse-shoe crab was: "it's just.. unreal. you'll see."

goaded then by piper's playful tease, rannveig strutted ahead. "no, we'll go together. first, lemme get you this rock. i was saving it for dalia, but then i realized she'd talk to me about it for three hours." he winked, clearly joking -- dalia and her obsession with rocks was very endearing to rannveig, but he wanted piper to have her rocks and eat them, too.

striding down the strand in easy steps, rannveig slowed only as he came to a small cache neatly tucked between stones. from this he extracted a bevy of wares: sea-chewed driftwood, strange shells and conches, and finally, a small stone the size of a fist.

it was a soft copper color, faded and worn to a semi-smooth texture. it was circular in shape, resembling some flattened coin or pancake. on one side, ringulets appeared to fray the surface, not unlike the flattened version of a severed cabbage head.

unknown to rannveig, this particular stone (stromatolite) was once part of a massive formation of "stones" left by living organisms some millions of years ago. to him, it was just a queer rock, with an interesting surface pattern. he nudged it towards piper, hoping she would think it was as cool as he did. but he wasn't a rock nerd, or anything.

help me inhale,
and mend it with you.