Swiftcurrent Creek i got a bulletproof heart, you got a hollow-point smile
dreamer trapped by your desire
272 Posts
Ooc —
Private 
She finds it difficult to let @Rosalie out of her sight for very long, gripped by some irrational fear that somehow, it isn't real. It feels as if every time she turns her back, she could turn back around to find her lover has vanished again. Or perhaps she'll wake up, and it will all have been a dream. The thought is almost too much to bear — but she doesn't want to suffocate her lover, either. Finding a balance feels almost impossible.
Still, she tries. She's tried to busy herself with other things today, such as preparing Kavik's den for the birth of their children; easy enough, when she's felt so restless and anxious regarding that, too. Her pregnancy and impending labor are an almost welcome distraction from the turmoil of her thoughts regarding Rosalie — but not quite good enough, it seems. It's midday when she finally caves and begins to search for her lover, wondering not for the first time if this is all a mistake. She can't help but worry that Rosalie will not be happy here — that she will feel overwhelmed by the children, out of place in the face of Alessia's marriage to Kavik, and suffocated by her constant need for attention. But they have to try to make this work, at least; they've come too far to give up now.
"Common" | "French"
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

It was difficult to find the restraint to stay away from Alessia, but the constant pain of knowing and seeing what had transpired between Alessia and someone else was an easy deterrent. Their relationship was hard for Rosalie to digest, and something she vehemently tried to avoid at all costs. Which was extremely difficult considering the impending birth of their children.

The confusion of wanting to see Alessia equally matched by her desire to avoid Alessia drove Lie insane. But at the end of the day all she hoped for was the chance to curl around the woman and hold her tightly into her chest. Where she could protect her and kiss away the nightmares. Where they both could be weak, and vulnerable.

As the sun crept along the blue abyss, Rosalie found herself wandering the land that she supposed should be home. Of course, it would take time — a long time — before she felt that way. But the first step was to explore and memorize, so at least she was trying. If only minutely.

The cracking of a branch behind her, and the intoxicating scent of her lover wafting toward Lie was the only indication that she was no longer meandering a lone. Turning slowly, Rosalie offered Alessia a dazzling, beautiful smile reserved only for her. “Hey.” She stated simply.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
272 Posts
Ooc —
Her breath catches at the sight of her lover, heart thumping unevenly when she registers her stunning smile. Her own lips curve in automatic response as she steps forward to embrace her, tail swishing. Rosalie, She murmurs in greeting, muzzle trailing through her fur for a moment. For a moment she's silent — and then a thought strikes her, and the words tumble from her before she can stop them. I want you to raise the children with me. She swallows hard after she says it, adding: I mean — if you want to. I always thought I'd raise a family with you — but I... understand if Kavik's involvement makes it too difficult for you. Or, she will try to understand; truth be told, though she knows her offer is insane by the standards of most, she can't help but expect Rosalie to agree. It is a chance to have what they've always wanted — even if it isn't quite the way they'd imagined it.
"Common" | "French"
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

The shadowy woman approached, and Lie leaned into her touch, her smile still showing. There was still a novelty of the familiarity to her embrace, it seemed so common place yet it still drew Lie’s breath away. The smile fell from lips slowly, as Alessia continued to speak.

This was not the conversation she was expecting. She honestly hadn’t thought about the future, to absorbed in the present with Alessia. “I always wanted a family with you Alessia.” It was a simple fact that Lie felt needed to be stated. “I knew what that meant. About finding a male to help us. I just never pictured them staying around. I never thought that it would be anything but me and you, use against the world.” Her smile was a little less bright, and little more sad this time around.

“I told you that I wasn’t going anywhere, and I’m not. Because my whole life is you Alessia. My whole existence, my entire heart belongs to you.” Leaning against the woman Lie continued, “And any child that comes from you, my love, already has a piece of my heart. They aren’t just Kavik’s children, they are yours too, and that makes them important to me. Because you are important to me.” She couldn’t believe the sappy speech that had tumbled forth, she could only hope that Alessia would still accept her. Bubbling emotions and all.
1/5
5/5

272 Posts
Ooc —
Her chest tightens as she listens to her lover speak, emotion washing over her, and she finds herself reaching to press her nose to the other woman's cheek for a moment before she responds. Lie, I — She swallows as she pulls away, stumbling a little over her first admission as heat stings her eyes a little with the vague threat of impending tears. I honestly didn't know how I was going to do this without you. I know this isn't how either of us pictured it, but — my children are your children, too, Rosalie. We're partners — for life. Even if Kavik has to be involved... he is a good man. Kind. It could be worse. She draws closer to embrace her again, sucking in a slightly shaky breath. Thank you — for staying. For not leaving me with the mess I made, even if — even if I would have deserved it. Her next words are slightly halting as she fights the ever-increasing threat of tears. I don't think I could stand to lose you again.
"Common" | "French"
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

She was always amazed by the feelings that Alessia brought to her. With simple words she was able to cleanse any sadness from her thoughts, she was able to wash away the pain, and brighten her dark thoughts. Lie’s sighed heavily, relief pricklying her skin. “I’d commit murder for you, there is nothing in the world that I wouldn’t do for you Alessia. Helping you raise a few kiddies is nothing.” The courage of a soon-to-be-first-time-mother shone strong through her voice, a smile pulling at her lips.

The shiver of excitement rang along her spin, there were going to be parents! A moment of optimism sprang forth, flooding her system. She could only ever feel this way around the shadowy girl, and a distinctly uncool giggle broke her lips. Her tail swaying, in a lazy swing.
1/5
5/5