Deepwood Weald So lovely on the eyes.
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
Joining 
It had been about a month since he'd last visited home, not that he was counting. After encountering the pale stranger on the edge of the Shadewood and having a really weird reaction (ie: a low grade heart attack) Tywyll had been too worn-out to do anything besides sleep, which meant he hadn't hunted or eaten or even considered finding his way home until the snow had gotten so dense that, when he did give it a shot, he didn't know where he was going. The boy did his best to stay fed and warm until the snow began to melt, and when spring finally began to make some headway he found himself on the border of the hinterlands. Not that he was aware of his position in the wilderness; the forest was a tangle of endless odd shapes and shadowed contours.

That, and his lack of experience or training when it came to the world outside of the plateau's claim, could've explained how he'd woken up this morning in the middle of heckin' nowhere. This forest looked nothing like the sprawling composition he'd departed from, but Tywyll didn't have a mind for details; trees were trees and rocks were rocks, etcetera. He became aware of the scent of other wolves quickly enough though and that made him a little bit nervous. What if he had another episode like when he'd met that pale wolf? What if he died? His mind began to concoct various scenarios of his own demise and so he was quite distracted, falling victim to his imagination as his hungry, spider-legged self crept along the edge of the deepwood.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She was so pregnant. A tiny but visible bump had developed and from what she could tell, or at least hoped for, there were many. Many mouths to feed and care for and have a family with. Pups ensured the future of their bloodline, of The Melonii itself, and she couldn't be more grateful to provide. The consort was peacefully minding her business when she scented someone nearby. One brow rose slightly as she followed the scent to the borders where she spotted the young charcoal man. Another friend of @Damien , perhaps?

Young man? What are you doing here? She called out to him, her tone void of emotion as always when addressing strangers. Her speckled tail was raised high up in the air, although not in a cocky fashion, and her pretty face tilted a bit to the left.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
He thought he was on the trail of something tasty. Some of the trees smelled more like squirrel than others and it made his belly gurgle with anticipation. As Tywyll emerged from behind a small copse of trees he honed his attention on to one specific tree and lifted to his hind legs to investigate it; his thin body was still quite light but his hindquarters quivered as he tried to keep balanced. When a voice punctuated the moment, he was startled and went down like he had been punched. The boy hit the dirt with a yelp but was ready scrabbling to his feet - feeling the blow of the hard earth moments later, a throbbing in his narrow back.

He tried to shake it off - literally - but the twisting motion just made him aware of the ache. The boy's eyes darted around until he spotted the dark figure, yet he was not afraid. Tywyll had always been a bold little man. I'm hungry, he stated as his only clarification.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
She watched the pathetic display when Tulugak swooped down from a nearby branch upon her shoulder. He had kept his distance ever since she began showing signs of her pregnancy, but was now willing to protect her at the border. What a kind friend was behind that pesky demeanor and flesh-pulling claws.

My children will be too, soon. She responded. We do not offer our food to strangers. Winter is over, I am sure finding a meal will be easy enough when it warms up. If the boy wanted food, he should hunt or find someplace that didn't mind handing out resources. Nyx was a little more cranky than normal, so perhaps that's why she didn't immediately think of recruiting him.
Nyx carries with her a raven named Tulugak - feel free to reference him (Bio for more info)
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
In his short life Tywyll had never known hardship. He had never been hungry to the extent that he was willing to beg, like right now. He had never needed to sculp any of his skills, because he had a large family and there was always someone else doing the heavy lifting; if not, then there was always a full cache for him to dig up and pilfer. Similarly, he had never encountered any adult that wasn't willing to help him in some way - thus, the casual dismissal of his needs came as a shock. At first he felt the sting of the stranger's denial, and selfishly thought to himself, but I am here, right now! He didn't know what to say, or what to do, which might change the other's refusal in to an agreement. Tywyll's head tilted slightly to one side (like those videos of puppies listening to music), one batty ear turned to catch her voice until there was nothing, and it was up to him to decide the next move.

Tywyll hadn't paid much attention to the plateau's borders either, so he didn't know what the proper protocol was for people like him. How did the adults handle strangers that utilized similar pleas? The boy could only frown - he had no idea, so he resorted to protesting with a whine, But -- but where? I'm hungry now. What about -- he took a step closer to her, his eyes bright with expectation, what about a cache? I won't eat it all, he promised, really, he would leave something! But maybe that wasn't enough?

The boy's mind slowly formed some kind of plan, and whatever she said as a response would be cut short by his next words: I'll replace what I eat! Or um, I'll double it? He didn't sound so certain of himself now but his expression was still shining with hope.
Eternal Black She Brings
565 Posts
Ooc — Meebee
Away
Nyx had been comfortable in her youth too. Her pack had been big and everyone cared for one another at Blackfeather. She didn't have to learn how to hunt or fight, but she did it anyway. Perhaps it was only to stand out, but it helped her greatly now as she tried to provide for the Meloniis that supported her mate's claim. She had no idea who raised the young boy at their borders, but whoever did obviously had spoiled him. Nyx made a mental note not to let her own go as far as to whine on a stranger's doorstep.

She observed him, quiet as always, Tulugak eyeing him just as much as she was. Her speckled tail now nearly curled over her back, and when the boy was finished talking she finally spoke up. If you cannot hunt for yourself now, I cannot trust you will return what you take - even less likely are you to double the amount. Harsh? Yes, but not untrue. She had no use for false promises that made her look weak in front of their following. The boy was healthy enough to hunt, old enough to be able to fend for himself. He needed to be pushed a little more than he had been, she thought. Much like Aries, and he had proven to be a great asset.

We do have wolves here who can hunt. No masters, but enough to learn from. With pups on the way, we could use more helping hands. Her proposal was already clear, but seeing the boy had just begged for food in front of a pregnant lady, she didn't deem him as particularly intelligent. Perhaps I can give you the resources you need to learn - that is, if you decide to stay with us.
287 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The scent of stranger pulled the beast from the shadows where he waited to find an unlucky wolf who might wander too close. When the scent mixed with that of his pregnant leader, his pace quickened until he found himself coming upon the figures. From what he could tell, the stranger didn't seem aggressive. Lucky for him. Still he moved until he was flanking Nyx, stopping when he reached her shoulders to show she was in charge here. He had only come to ensure his assistance was needed. His blank stare took in the other wolf, watching for any shift in the man's posture that might indicate he had less than peaceful intentions. Midar said nothing yet, content to let the other two talk while he further assessed the situation.
Shaking hands with the dark parts of my thoughts
PPC
185 Posts
Ooc — Jitterwater
His mouth hung agape for a moment - but the more he listened, the clearer things got. If they were willing to teach him then that'd be great!

Really? You'd -- I, I can do it, he didn't know what to respond to first and it kind of jumbled in the process. I can hunt, I promise! But I can always learn more. Get better. And then pay you back! I'm so hungry -- yeah, yeah, they heard that part you dingus.

But he couldn't say anything else; there was suddenly another figure watching him. Maybe they had been there a while, but their dark coat was obscured by the forest. Tywyll didn't look at them out of a mix of respect and fear; he didn't want to ruin his chances here, and really really really didn't want to incite any aggression. So he focused on the woman, having warmed to her since her proposal.

I dunno what to say to make you believe me. But I promise I will do everything to learn! And to repay you. It was a desperate plea, but one day that very pledge might come back to bite him.