Golden Glade i see it, i like it, i want it, i got it
a lion sleeps in the heart of every brave man
20 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 
pre-apology to whomever hops in this: half asleep, icky post ahoy! oh and don't mind ailill, he still has that new toon smell.

even as the late evening sky begins to make it's transition into night, shadows rising to come and play, the glade fails to fall under the category of gloomy. even as it's swallowed by the colors of night and moonbeams its lovely. which is a strange, ailill thinks. that a territory could be considered lovely. or maybe he was in the same awkward stage as his writer: ailill's belly is full from his most recent catch and his eyelids droop with contentedness. the mocha colored blackthorn thought about traveling a bit further but ultimately decides against it as he feels the weight of sleep pressing against him. course alters with new purpose as he pokes around the maple trees looking for a place to rest for the night — or at least sleep off the food coma.
the heart of man is very much like the sea,
it has its storms, its tides and its depths;
it has its pearls too.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
have a fun one! Haha

It had happened again.  Well... she thought.  She didn't know for sure. All she knew was she blacked out that morning, and next thing she knew, she was waking up in a puddle of her own piss.  Thank fucking god no one had been there to see it - she was mortified, and had immediately dunked herself in the nearest water to thoroughly wash away the evidence.

She was terrified, but between Wildfire nestling in to have kids and her own leadership being called on, she shoved the fear down and focused on doing her job.  She wasn't about to tell anyone, but she didn't want to run into anyone either.  So she went out to scout for her hunt.

The flatlands would be a good spot, if she could find something to chase into there.  She started out and worked her way east, looking for tracks.  The signs she found led to the Glade, and there she found... another wolf.  Ugh.

Well, maybe he could at least be of use?  Hey, you! Have you seen any herds through here? She asked, brosque as always, her small form held rigidly set.  She'd found that if you walked like you owned the world, it tended to make people look at you - and she liked it when they looked.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
20 Posts
Ooc —
thank you for joining!

ailill pauses to check out a felled maple tree log — old, he assumes because it's rotted and he could probably fit himself into it like a makeshift den. it looks like it might be a tight and there's a sweet scent to the wood that's pleasant —

his head lifts and swings in the direction of the footfalls, golden gaze taking in the young woman as she approaches. ailill's ears cup forth as her question hangs in the air between them, realizing that his food coma was probably going to have to wait to be slept off. the young woman, he notes, was small and colored like him except for the eyes and the distinct lack of the blackthorn stripe. what she lacks in stature though she certainly makes up for in the rigid posturing and imperious approach. no chuff to announce her presence: only a hey you followed shortly by a question.

ah, the infamous hey you, we meet again, he isn't sure she'll appreciate the lighthearted jesting but he found it funny because he'd long since lost count of how many times his mother had forgotten his name and settled for some variation of hey you when she couldn't remember ailill or even. he didn't blame her. he was one child in a long line of the many that came before him. the name's ailill blackthorn or even to family and friends, he offers despite that she hadn't asked. she doesn't strike him as the type to really care which was why he was offering it without prompt. no herds but there's plenty of raccoons around. minus the one that sits warm in his stomach but that was neither here nor there.
it has its pearls too.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
She didn't really get his joke so didn't rise to it.  It didn't even occur to her to apologize for being rude, since it didn't occur to her that she shouldn't be rude to strangers.  Aillil Blackthorn.  Luckily for him, she met Clover, because none of the other Blackthorns  had made it worth remembering their full name to her.  My friend's a Blackthorn. She said, stated as a mere fact, before diving back in.  

That's not going to work.  It has to be big.  She said this more to herself than to him, turning in a circle.  Maybe south she could find something?  She was tempted to just leave.... but something made her pause.  I'm Kiwi. Finally, ok yes, she could at least give a name.
Kiwi will internalize lies and twist things to her benefit until this becomes her reality.  Her thoughts are not my own <3
20 Posts
Ooc —
she didn't seem to get the joke and his goofy smile fades away and he goes with the flow, brows rising for a moment as she admits that she has a friend that's a blackthorn. i'd say that surprises me but there's a lot of us. and his knowledge was mostly limited to the fact that some blackthorns went to the teekon wilds — some stayed and some returned to their natal pack. the lighthearted jest that his mother was the real og and could pop out kids like no one's business dies on his tongue before it has a chance to leave his lips. ailill refrains because she's young and given how well his last joke went over he's not too certain she'd get the second one either.

hmm, i wasn't really looking for something big when i was heading through, he admits because a lone wolf doesn't stand much chance of taking down something big. but i'm a pretty damn good tracker. modesty? what's that? i'd be happy to help you track down a herd. he offers to her because ...well, it's not like he'd got anything better to do and in the wake of showing off utilizing his talents his food coma is all but forgotten about.

kiwi. he repeats her name when she gives it to him, testing it out. it's simple and kinda fun to say, a little exotic ...and he can't help but think that it sounds like a nickname a blackthorn'd be given. he had a sister named fly; in comparison kiwi was pretty normal sounding. i like it. ailill chirps his compliment.
it has its pearls too.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
There probably wasn't a better recruitment opportunity than this within a thousand miles, and yet, Kiwi wasn't about to bite.  Because she didn't do that kind of thing - they wanted the best, and that meant she didn't do the asking.  Others begged her to be let in.

Yeah there are, she said, thinking of Clover's family.  They would all be Blackthorns wouldn't they, if she was? Anyway, back to useful things - I don't need help. She didn't ask for it, or for his opinion on her name, so she ignored that one.  Her tone was definitely rude, but she wanted to squash that idea before it started.  She could handle it herself.

I just figured if you saw some it would be useful.  Since you haven't, guess not.  She dismissed him with a light shrug.  She didn't really have time for things that didn't have use, sorry, not sorry.
20 Posts
Ooc —
she rejects his offer to help track — if she didn't want help then why'd she even ask? he wonders — in a rude tone that rolls off of ailill's shoulders with ease. he's one of eight in just his own litter and his siblings all have varying personalities that he's learned to both live with and adapt to. uppity happened to be one of those. there's a quick rise and fall of his brows, his ears fluttering back before they cup forth and a terse tug of his lips is given. don't need my help. got it.

not unless they were invisible. he retorts with a casual rise and fall of his shoulders. he glimpses at something over her head for a moment before his gaze returns to her. if she didn't need his help then there wasn't any point in continuing this conversation was there? he had a food coma to snooze off. she dismisses him and he lets out a low snort and goes back to investigating the log he'd been checking out before their paths crossed a few feet away. good luck with your hunt. he shoots over his shoulder with a glimpse.
it has its pearls too.
565 Posts
Ooc — Starrlight
He accepted her rudeness with far more grace than it deserved, but Kiwi didn't have the courtesy to be grateful for it.  She just watched with satisfaction as he left her to her own devices, flipping her tail and giving a little 'hmph'.  No, she definitely didn't.

His comment about invisible she took as a challenge, and now she definitely was going to show him.  There was a herd somewhere, over here, and she was going to scour the place (pointlessly) until she found it.  Or, as it happened, until she couldn't be away from home any longer and needed to get back.