Moonspear boss of me
'cause i'm a hopeless wanderer
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
All Welcome 
Attention: @Jarilo
Weather: 29˚—Partly Cloudy. Foggy starting this evening.

Clover's expectations had been exceeded—Moonspear's peak was formidable, and she couldn't help but stare. "He wasn't kidding," Clover mused to herself, recalling the fondness in which @Jarilo had spoken about his home. Although impressive, Clover did not gawk for too long. She was here for a reason, and her nerves would not let her forget that. What she felt was foreign; Clover was a self-assured individual, unaccustomed to the sensation of having butterflies in her belly.

With her throat tightened by her nervousness, Clover tipped her head back and called for Jarilo, hoping that he was around.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
It was not Jarilo who came when beckoned. When hearing calls at the borders, Hydra heard no name; she was diligent and protective both, and never lazy, even in her hiatus. She had been content, as of late, to lurk in the backdrop and observe her siblings excel; but with Vela's absence, Hydra took it upon herself to resume her prior duties. Not yet in full, but in time she would come to that again—instinct could not be ignored. Pricked ears caught the sound of Clover's call, foreign to her; the black as pitch bitch was near enough to intercept the woman who had sang, and so she did. 

The first thing that Hydra observed was that stripe upon her back; if she had known all Blackthorns to bear it, one would witness the longevity of a grudge that still lived even when Hydra herself had thought it dead. That being said, though her eyes lingered upon the stripe from afar, there was nothing else very remarkable about Clover... she was small, the smallest she-wolf Hydra had ever seen, but clearly not a child. Interesting. Useful, perhaps. Or useless—

She would like to find out, she determined, but did not think she would get the chance. A shame. Hydra pulled to a halt, lifting her head and greeting her with a simple: Yes?
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
parts of stars, parts of legends
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
He wasn't far, because patrolling was apparently his most effective place to vent his frustration, but wasn't exactly used to hearing calls for him. Still, he hadn't forgotten and he got going immediately with a long, ground-covering lope.

After Vela had departed from them, marking his family down another sister on the mountain, he had admittedly been a bit sullen of a presence. Revui's sudden return helped him almost forget about that sometimes, but, still--another one gone from their mountain and scattered to the winds, off to who-knows-where didn't leave him in the best of spirits, not when it was still fresh enough to miss them.

Yet, spotting Clover among their borderlands kept all of those weighty, sour things away for an instant. Spying Hydra also there, striding forth to meet the grayscale Blackthorn who had called for him before he could.. that put a weird speed into his steps suddenly as he closed in. Clover, hey! he yapped out with a friendly chuff to go with it, before his voice got too bumpy from his decelerating trot. Once he stopped, and took to a spot beside them: What's up? I'm glad you made it, he said, flicking a glance at his sister as he said so, trying not to pant too noticeably as his stance never rose higher than hers. He was pretty sure not a lot was said between the two before he got there too, but he hung on a pause just to make sure they weren't already acquainted.
[Image: FTnkWJH.png]
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Hydra—or Lyra? or Ayla?—was the first to greet her; Clover wasn't surprised. "Uh, yeah!" she replied with a wave of her tail, "I'm here to see Jarilo—I told him I'd stop by sometime." Clover then paused, head tilted as she briefly studied Hydra, and she ventured, "You're Hydra... right?" Or is it Lyra? Or Ayla?

The sound of Jarilo's voice distracted Clover, and she diverted her attention to watch his approach. Her expression was something akin to the heart-eyed emoji. "Jarilo!" she called, her posture perking. "I was in the area, and decided to make the trip over here," Clover did everything in her power to restrain herself from embracing him. "Decided to come and see Moonspear for myself—I'd love a tour if you're willing," she added with a grin.
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
The other knew her name, though Hydra did not indicate straightaway whether or not she was correct in her assuming. The other had called for her brother, perhaps this was why she knew her. She hadn't the time to answer the inquiry when Jarilo approached the scene, and Clover regarded him. Hydra did not miss the look that came across the others features, but it wasn't one she recognized by name. She had never seen it on the features of another, and though she had felt it, her own look was not at all the same. 

Hydra glanced disapprovingly at her brother when she spoke of a tour; she did not think either of their parents would appreciate it very much. But in this, she trusted him enough to make a decision. Jarilo was not a child, and he could face the wrath of Charon or Amekaze herself. Hydra figured she could take down Clover well enough if need be (but did not assume it would be easy, as to do so would be unwise)... but, well, before she truly permitted it, her gaze fell back to Clover. Clover, she repeated, having heard the name from her brother, who is it that you run with?
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
In trying to gauge the situation before him, and then his place in it, he did end up situated someplace between Clover and Hydra. Though his attentions reached for the Blackthorn, he was almost as careful of his sister still when he realized that the only one he would dread worse than her was their mom.. so that didn't bode all too well. But, he wouldn't wilt so easily and his tail waved happily, extra perked beneath any of Clover's attention since really, she had actually come here to see this and him.

Even with the dark shadow of Hydra here, and her scrutiny ringing loud and clear in the back of his head, he still intended to go with the flow here despite a budding interrogation on the horizon. I know a few spots I can show you, he swished his tail a bit more and grinned, though his sister got a glance that said he knew.. and he was already keeping that in mind because he really wasn't trying to rile anything, or anyone. There had been that recent trail of a stranger to his nose accompanying their father well up into the heights that he wasn't going to bring up in front of his guest, anyway.. but he wasn't even going to take it that far. He just wanted Clover to see some mountain-features, even without veering into their heartland or even near--since he'd bragged about it and all.

After that he simply hoped Hydra might understand that this was kind of a first here and he wasn't trying to be dumb but he really hadn't come prepared for this encounter to have to happen too. He was torn between all sorts of weird excitement and nerves that were a lot all at once, apparently.
254 Posts
Ooc — Chan
SO sorry about the wait, guys!

"I'm with the Firebirds, we live southwest of here," Clover replied, addressing Hydra first. She wasn't sure just what the head of the Cerebus knew of her home but, there was nothing that she felt she had to keep mum about. As far as Clover was concerned, the two packs were on friendly terms. 

Her attention then turned to Jarilo, and as she watched him her stomach began to squirm; she was also feeling a lot of feelings about their reunion. A smile spread and her tail wagged in tandem with his, as he reported that there were a few spots that he could show her. "Yeah?" she asked with evident excitement, "Like what?"
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Hydra's ears pricked. The name sounded vaguely familiar, and she glanced toward Jarilo. She could sense he wanted to spend his own quality time with this Clover, and so she mutely relented, but not without a pointed look: I want to know more, about the Firebirds, and perhaps Clover herself, as she had never seen Jarilo so... interested, before, and also: not too deep. Frankly, she did not want strangers meandering within their borders, but perhaps he could appeal to Clover's better nature and recruit her. She knew their father had brought another in at one point; she did not like it then, and she did not like it now. Other than a simple feeling, she had no reason to refuse Jarilo this time around. The cubs were children no more, after all, and she trusted them—and Jarilo—to do what they must should Clover not be so sweet as she seemed. 

So she simply nodded to Clover, satisfied for now, and went on her way, resuming her patrol with a confident step.
677 Posts
Ooc —
Guardian
Ecologist
His glance darted between either of them, although torn between two vast extremes, he hovered over each for different reasons. Firebirds, Clover said, and well.. Jarilo had nothing remarkable to add but everything to note instead. Hydra seemed to take it for what it was worth without any outward disagreement, and not one to miss the little glances she sent his way, he nodded subtly to them--even if he may not know her full meanings. He had a good idea of it, he thought. He hoped.

Before his older sister could leave the scene entirely, he tried to beam her with all of the thankfulness he could as quietly as possible. He did plan to see her later at some point, most likely, so they could.. maybe talk about it then. Not that he was really keen to do anything, or have there be a conversation on the matter because there wasn't really a matter at all.. but he would see what happened. He needed time and as Hydra was on her way, he could finally have that and give the silvery Firebird all of his attention. You'll see, he grinned, all pleased. Follow me, he chimed as he spun off into a few bounding strides away.

Eventually he settled it down to a jog and skimmed them just along their bordering forests; he planned to veer in more when he reached a small creek. But, until then, he had a little ground to cover and wanted to ensure she kept stride with him. How has it been? With the Firebirds and all that too? he attempted, aiming for his best guess at conversational.