Lost Creek Hollow a secret club for super cool party people only.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
oops! some tags are for reference :D All welcome, but obvs only Rannoch and babies can be in the den with her

How does that saying go? If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans?

Well, if that was accurate (and there actually was a God) he was laughing at Liffey that evening. Her time came upon her unexpectedly. Out of the blue, really. Almost as though someone realized they weren't going to be around at all after tonight and decided to just get this out of the way instead of worrying about trying to post on the right day. I can't say for sure what happened, but the why didn't matter so much as the end result: When the contractions came, Liffey was not at home. Thus, the birth of her second litter began with panic.

If anyone was fortunate enough to spot her at it, they would've gotten the joy of witnessing Liffey hunched over oddly, powerwalking across the Hollow to the whelping den she and @Rannoch had prepared, whimpering "Not yet, not yet, not yet, not yet," over and over to herself. It only took her about fifteen to twenty minutes to get home, but lordy did that feel like a damn harrowing journey when you're trying to keep newborns from spilling out your wazoo.

In the end, she made it with plenty of time to spare. Rannoch (presumably) was quick to forgive his mate for plowing him out of the way when he'd stepped out to welcome her back home with a kiss and a loving embrace once he realized just why he'd been bulldozed. But it was another hour or so that passed before the first of the new batch of Frostfurs came out to greet the world, and another few hours before Liffey was able to collapse in exhaustion to the floor of her den with four perfect little peanuts snuggled to her side.

She unwittingly had lined them up against her in the order in which they had come into the world. First was a big potato that would later be named @Aengus Cypress, for Rannoch's brother. She didn't really know that yet, though. But she would once her brain woke up enough to do things like remember what she and Rannoch had planned to name their kids (or once Rannoch showed up to remind her).

The second and third were twins - two identical replicas of each other that were identical replicas of Liffey's brother, @Eljay. The first little boy she named for another brother - her own twin, @Tiarnach Elwood, who had been named by her mother for her own much loved brother. The daddy part was all Liffey's doing, though. The second would be named Tiberious, after Rannoch (middle-name wise, anyway). 

The last little girl was a ball of cream named Stomach. At least, I think it's Stomach. It's something close. Maybe @Sionnach? Though no... Stomach sounds right. Only a kid named Stomach would be born on Pi Day, after all.

Liffey worried at them for a while, making sure they were clean and fidgety and squeaky, just as newborns ought to be. Then she called softly for Rannoch, dropped her head, and shut her eyes.
if I knew where I was going, I'd lose my way.
~•~
L U M P Y
122 Posts
Ooc — lauren
today was the day that sionnach had been practicing for her entire life. the day the most fabulous creature in existence was ever born. this was cause for celebration all over the world, naturally -- but none seemed more excited than her adoring parents, liffney and rannoch.

sionnach, being one of liffney's longest and most reliable tenants (respectful, always paid a week in advance, clean, non-smoker), was ready for her new start in life. she expected great things - no, she demanded great things. truth be told, the last few weeks she had begun to get restless fetus syndrome. on top of that, earthquakes of some sort had started to recently roll through her complex.  her apartment, a fairly respectable uterus in a good neighborhood surrounded by good people, was beginning to feel overcrowded, unstable, and going to the dogs.

that was because aengus was fat, and hogging all the space.

thank glob he was the first to go. as aengus jostled past the three of them, packed tighter than mackerels in a sardine can, sionnach couldn't help but aim a roundhouse kick at his head. oops! sorry! didn't see you there! for such tight quarters, she managed to pack a good wallop - hopefully hastening aengus-pengus' bustling down the corridor.

she had planned a great entrance, and was waiting patiently for her turn. she envisioned aengus, being the first to bumble his way into the new world, looked something like this as he burst through the cervix wall:
[Image: BuwNdhu.gif]

yikes...

good thing the liffnoch had three spares..

she supposed not everyone was born with talent or grace in their life. certain people just exuded gravitas, winning the charisma lottery -- aengus probably had won some sort of lottery, but not one worth winning.  maybe his lottery in life was sustaining multiple headwounds.

that was probably second time in two minutes that aengus' head had received some sort of battery to it. was it possible to be born with a TBI?

aengus was definitely born with a TBI.

next to go were the twins - tiara and tibia, or something. she hadn't really bothered getting their names. it was bad enough they shared a living space, but they also emanated some sort of weird mccolye-slash-olsen(post drug addiction) twin vibe. sionnach didn't jive with that.

byeeeeee. her apartment sans three chowderheads was suddenly nirvana. god, she deserved this peace and quiet.

sionnach reclined back, doing the fetal equivalent of sinking into your couch after a long but prosperous day. she was going to enjoy this new solitude, this new lease on life. she was just about to crack a cold one when another ominous rumble rolled through the building, sounding eerily like it's time to go.

abruptly, sionnach felt something push her along like the guiding hands of a crowd beneath her; she imagined she was being lifted, carried, crowd-surfing under thousands of adoring fans -- damn right, they were lucky to have even touched her leather jacket as she was carried aloft to fanatic screams and a dope bass beat.

enter sionnach:
[Image: MLYbjRe.gif]

(this is where sionnach pulls a katelyn ohashi right down the birth canal. no liffey, she is not possessed, and no liffey, pretty sure murdering your children is illegal in like at least 40 states. not 100% certain about the southern ones. actually, now that i think of it, i'm pretty sure you could make a case for "stand your ground" and possibly "womb trespass". idk. you'll figure it out.)

apparently doing cartwheels down the birth canal was such an exhausting ordeal that once sionnach had been appropriately inducted into the world of the living, she hiccuped,  stretched her tiny little paws with their tiny cute little toebeans into the air, and promptly fell to sleep alongside her stinky siblings.

god, what a fucking angel.
THICC™
113 Posts
Ooc — Bo
whether his shrimpy little lump of a sister realized it or not, she wasn't very good with her aim. she wasn't actually very good at anything, but he wasn't going to be the first to tell her that. her 'roundhouse kick to the head' missed by about ten miles. really, sionnach? you were in an entirely different zip code, buttercup. better luck next time, though her odds were really slim. to be fair, aengus was just as relieved to be the first one out as his sister was. he had grown pretty tired of sharing his space with the tiniest shrivel and the two twins from that scene in the shining.

the first born erupted from his mother with a squeak that he assumed sounded like the roar of a lion. blind as a bat, the dark boy wiggled around for a moment before his mother (bless her soul) helped him toward the promise of food. already plump and ready for more, aengus began to chow down without caring whether or not there was enough to share with the others. he was the one who needed food the most, right? if he didn't keep up on those thicc gains, he couldn't smother sionnach to death in her sleep with his lard.

once he had finished gorging himself to the point of roundness, aengus nestled himself close to the warmth of his mother's stomach and breathed a soft sigh. his small dark frame was a startling contrast to the pale underside of her coat, but he made a home of it anyway. there would be no doubt, he was the best one of the litter. besides, how could liffey not adore that sweet pudgy face? he was killing it from the get-go. the others really didn't have a chance, but that was alright. he would find a way to share the limelight eventually... maybe...
you're a bandit like me—eyes full of stars
21 Posts
Ooc — Chan
[Image: Emperor-Kuzco-Opening-His-Kingdoms-Doors...Groove.gif]
While Tiarnach's entrance is certainly the most fabulous and winning of his littermates', all that awesome takes a lot of effort. So much, in fact, that his own flailing introduction to the world is only entertaining for about ten seconds as he roughly shoves his littermates aside for a spot next to the big warm squishy thing. Then he discovers the wonderful world of titties, and promptly falls limp, sparing one last kick for whichever unfortunate soul lingers to his left before he commits himself to his new full-time job: stuffing his face.
He'll get to ruling his new empire later.
Ghost
he came and stole the wild
1,808 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Master Coach
Master Historian
Rannoch gaped from the sidelines as he observed the havoc that his seed wrecked upon Liffey's wazoo. He stared abruptly into the distance, a tear trickling down his cheek—what had he done?

[Image: giphy.gif]

The sound of mewls—their children's mewls— pulled Rannoch from his stupor and to Liffey's side. "Liff," he said, his gaze falling to the children that were lined along her abdomen, "They're beautiful," but beautiful didn't even begin to describe what he saw. "You did such an incredible job—they're so lucky to have you as their mother." He said, and leaned down to kiss her forehead. 

Despite Liffey's exhaustion, she and Rannoch discussed the names they wanted for their children. Although a considerable amount of time had passed, they had decided on Aengus, Stomach, and Tianarch—the only outlier was Tiberious, in Rannoch's mind. "I'm going to give Tib another lookover," he said to his wife, as he leaned over to inspect their third-born. Tiberious squirmed under his touch, and he smiled. "It'll be just a moment, son," he murmured as he gently moved the newborn onto it's back. The sight that greeted Rannoch surprised him—he was actually a she, as he saw ladybits and not boybits. 

"Hey, Liff! I know why I felt so off about Tibirious' name," he summoned with a soft chuckle, "He's a she, apparently. How did we miss that?"
a crime so old as the sky and bone
he came untied, solid as a stone
all is almost lost and it starts to show
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
Liffey was too exhausted to even open her eyes when her mate entered the den to see the new progeny they had unleashed upon the poor unsuspecting world. Her tail gave a couple of gentle wags to show she was alive at least, but she was otherwise too exhausted to do much more than that. At this point, I'm assuming you've seen the gifs and can understand just why she was so tired, but in case you have images turned off on your browser, please note that it was essentially Cirque du Soleil: Liffey's vagina (after tequila shots).

When Rannoch spoke of Tiberious, the newly annointed second-time mother did manage to lift her head a bit. She peered, bleary-eyed at her son, blinked a few times, and dropped her head again. "I bet I know how..." she murmured in response to his likely rhetorical question. She would laugh about thinking her daughter was a boy (and a twin of the other--maybe she had just been seeing double) after she'd had more rest. For now, she was just content to know they were all alive and well, and that her labor was over. Mostly that.
~•~
i’ve been the archer, i’ve been the prey
447 Posts
Ooc — Chan
Botanist
Eshe's life had been comfortable; she had remained satiated, well-rested, and in the company of others she did not mind (yet). Eshe was was unaware of what to come, and only realized that something was awry as she began to be forced out of the only home she had known. 

[Image: giphy.gif]

When Eshe finally entered the world, she plunged headfirst. Even before the dust settled, Eshe was steered to her mother's breast, and instinct followed. She fastened onto the nearest teat, and ate ravenously. In time, she'd work on re-discovering her wombmates; for now, Eshe feasted.
783 Posts
Ooc — Stevie
Master Ranger
And with THAT horrifying gif, Liffey decided it was definitely time for her to get some rest. The mystery of her twin sons now turned twin son and daughter was something that could be saved for another day. She heard Rannoch murmuring something as she drifted off. Something about how perfect their kids were. Or maybe asking if she thought they should get their other kids. Or... kids. Something kids. Something...

And then she was out like a light.
~•~