Arrow Lake I'm good it's just a scratch
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
All Welcome 
I edited the post to fit the result of the task! For Mahler or @Stigmata
Her luck ran short on the way back. A lynx had apparently found the coyote head to be something it wanted and had attacked her for it, getting in a few good hits before Kazimir defended the gift for Mahler and resumed her trip back bloodied and exhausted. All she could think on the walk back to the lake was ow....ow....ow...ow every step she took hurt a little more than the last. There were slashes across her back where the thieving feline had smacked her with it's sharp claws and bites all over her shoulder and neck from the coyotes. The only thing that kept her positive was that she held a gift for @Mahler between her teeth. A coyote head swung dripping blood, she had waited for the big cat to finish eating before rushing for the body and working to sever the head.

Two coyotes and a cougar at Shadow mountain and a Lynx nearby.  She had fought most and while she came out beaten, she was alive and she counted it as a win and knew the information about wildcats apparently being fond of the mountains would be appreciated. She was proud but she was drained and still bleeding, so as she finally reached the lake she dropped the head and slid onto the ground panting and fighting the desire to pass out.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
the wind bore upon its back the stench of cat, and of blood. mahler did not hesitate, but lunged powerfully through the drifts in the direction of the dangerous reek. to defend the borders from a wolf was one thing; to defend against the claws of the felines who roamed the mountains was quite another.
gathering a summoning roar in his throat, mahler cut it off quickly when he saw that there was no cat. only kazimir, returned from her task, wounded and bearing the swinging head of a coyote. pride tugged briefly at his lips, but it was with a somber expression that he approached. "you killed it anyvay," he commented, remembering what he had told the geist about endangering herself.
[Image: 2711649b07fc604164cb120b1b417fa3cf47bccc_00.gif]
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
Kazimir's head did not lift but her eyes did and so did the corners of her lips, displaying pride despite how much she ached. She noted the somber expression and wondered if he was angry or disappointed and was quick to clear things up "The Coyotes attacked first and they weren't a problem. I killed this one, the other escaped. The majority of my wounds come from a nasty feline who wanted the head for whatever reason and was confident enough to try and take it" it was left unsaid but clearly she had not been about to let that happen. She pushed herself slowly up to her paws and shook out her pelt droplets of bloody snow flying everywhere. She withheld a wince but grabbed the head and slowly approached, her posture lowered just slightly to show she was sorry for being so careless and dropped the severed head nudging it toward him "I wanted to bring you what you asked for and I promise if I thought my life was in danger of ending i would have left it" this was less respectful but more smart and selfish, stating that she would have dropped the head and ran to preserve her own life. It was the truth however and she wasn't about to lie about anything.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
she was fierce, speaking of her injuries as if they were nothing. mahler's jaw tensed to know that it was not only coyotes that had threatened kazimir's life, but gave a mere grunt of approval as her words ended. "you fought vell," mahler murmured. "but it is important that i treat your vounds now. ja? before they become infected."
she had more than earned her rank, so far as he was concerned.
the gargoyle motioned for kazimir to follow him. wolves without dens they were, moving far too often to settle, but he kept caches of needed herbs stashed 'round the lake. toward one he strode now, uncovering the little plants and breathing upon them to melt the gathered frost. "clean yourself in the snow here, first," he instructed the woman, watching her carefully for any sign of the seeping poison that can be carried on coyote teeth.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
He praised her and she dipped her head, eyes gleaming with pride. Perhaps that was the dog within her, she always felt so good when others recognised her efforts. Compliments made her feel alive. It was pathetic. As he asked to treat her wounds she stood up and failed to hide a cringe, the wounds sensitive and sore at every movement. She trailed behind him feeling more at ease now that she had earned her place, now that was officially of use to Diaspora. At his instruction she dropped and rolled in the snow, making sure to gently rub the worst wounds deeper into the snow until they went numb. After that was done she rolled over and gave him a curious look "Medicine? That's interesting" she said watching as he defrosted the plants. He had shown a scholarly side, a thirst for learning. You needed that to want to be a medic, you needed discipline and the drive to learn a lot.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
"i am a man of many interests," mahler muttered crisply, leaning forward to sniff kazimir's coat. satisified that her wounds did not seem festered, he lowered his muzzle and began to grind a soft green plant into a paste. "and vhat pack is good vithout a healer?" with a grunt, the gargoyle leant forward and began to smear the masticated plant along her rent flesh. comfrey — when dry, it would pull the torn edges together and hopefully knit them in a reasonable amount of time.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
A small smile tugged at the corners of her lips "I see that" she murmured as he checked her wounds over. She watched him chew the herbs wondering if it tasted awful or if he was just used to it. She winced as he began to place the gooey paste upon her wounds though she held perfectly still, she was used to being tended to though normally by rough human hands with prodding fingers. "A pack without a medic is a pack of fools. It's smart to have at least one, especially when your pack has plans like ours" she agreed, continuing the conversation to distract from the aching.

"I am curious about these plans. If you dont mind my questions, what is going to be done about the pack toward the north?" she asked this with genuine interest. It had been circling her mind, the question of whether Elysium would be allowed to stay or whether they would eventually be asked or forced to leave. "Are we allowing them to stay?" she specified what she wanted to know, shifting slightly so he could better tend the rest of her battered flesh.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
as she shifted, he felt the touch of her words. to his knowledge, diaspora had no enmity with elysium. mahler wondered why she asked such things.
kazimir was ambitious, but the gargoyle did not understand how far she meant to have her desires reach.
he was silent, preening the woman’s lacerations with his keen muzzle, and did not answer until he had finished.
”vhy do you believe ve have a problem vith elysium?” he intoned then, drawing back to find the flame of her eyes with his own hard lilac gaze.
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
She silently flinched as his muzzle brushed over a particularly sore wound though her face quickly went back to one of relaxed curiosity. When he finally answered she froze and her brow furrowed, a confused expression on her maw as she hesitated to respond "When Stigmata had told me the mountains are ours, I had figured that meant we wouldn't want to share them. Since I thought that I was wondering what would be done about such a...peaceful and social bunch of wolves" she explained what she had thought sounding embarrassed, ducking her head so her eyes were staring into the distance.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
ah — a mere misunderstanding. "the mountains are ours, but it vould be more prudent to keep our alliances intact also. elysium is vone such." if others had tried to settle near, say, the arrogant melonii, mahler knew his kill-brother would not hesitate to bring his forces to bear upon them.
"stay out of the vater for the time being. it vill allow the poultice to set." rising, the gargoyle stretched and glanced at her. "you have done vell by diaspora, kazimir. do not forget that."
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
His explanation made sense and she found it surprising that she felt relieved. Those wolves were too kind and welcoming, she felt they would eventually invite danger into their home but she was glad it wouldn't be at the hands of Diaspora. She watched as he rose and gave her instructions sounding so serious that for some reason Kazimir decided to test out some humor "Yes sir" she said teasingly, like a soldier to a general, her eyes burning with mischievous humor that turned to pride as he said she'd done well for their pack. She would continue to do well, to show she was useful and only then would she begin pushing to rise in the ranks. She said nothing in return to that but nodded once, showing she appreciated the acknowledgement.
2,664 Posts
Ooc — ebony
Master Guardian
Midwife
Sitter
fade here? <3 im sure these two will have another thread :D

"perhaps vhen you have mended, ve vill go on a hunt, ja?" mahler suggested lightly. after all, what was the best way to bond the wolves of diaspora but through blood? granting kazimir a gentle smile. the gargoyle glanced to the ridges beyond. he would not shame the ferocious creature by helping her along as if she were nothing more than an elder. "the head," mahler rumbled. "put it outside your den, to show vhat you have done for this land."
144 Posts
Ooc — Noah
She nodded once "Yes, that sounds like a plan" she answered and though she knew the conversation was at an end she remained seated, her muscles not quite ready to push herself up yet. The adrenaline had faded at this point and the aching in her wounds was more noticeable though when Mahler smiled at her she returned it with ease because the pain from these events reminded her she had done well. She opened her maw to dismiss herself when he spoke first, instructing her to take the head for herself, to use it to show what she had done for Diaspora. Energy surged through her, pride lighting her tired eyes aflame as she nodded her lips curling upwards in a brighter smile. "Thank you" she said and pushed herself up, grabbing the head and with a final nod his way she walked off. The added weight of the head hurt but she displayed no trace of it, her tail was held higher than before and it swayed back and forth as she headed toward her sleeping place.