Swiftcurrent Creek blood in the water
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —
All Welcome 

looking to meet some packmates! AW ? tags for reference

The sun was slow to rise, and Lie found herself admiring @Alessia with their children curled against her. A smile playing on her lips, her seafoam green gaze glued to the beauty of the moment. Occasionally a whimper could be heard from the babes, as they jostled against one another. Slowly standing Rosalie stretched quietly before turning toward the entrance. Pausing to catch one more look at her lover and her children, Lie exited the den intent on finding a meal for herself and her family.

Passing @Kavik whom was station just outside the den, she gave him a quick glance before heading away from the den. Content in the knowledge that Alessia’s husband was near.

Dropping her head, Lie’s nose twitched as she sought the elusive scent of prey. The snow was melting away, leaving muddy trails throughout the area. Finding rabbit tracks in the dirt, the golden girl tracked the creature. Slowing as the scent grew stronger, until it was in her sights. Pausing for a breath, Lie took off after the rabbit. It skittered out of the way, running for its life. But Lie was faster, and her jaw snapped tight around the animal’s throat.
1/5
5/5
~ i haven't played that song since my wife died ~
lie can be pp'd by anyone listed as family on her profile

"common", "french" 1/5 posts
34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; keg and i are forward dating this so we can thread ;D

"good 'atch" he was saying that a lot. first to the woman by Duck Lake, then to Goose and Oath at - again - Duck Lake. then again, with that pair, he had only done so in his head. Benedict would rise, having been stalking the rabbit for a few moments before the woman had pounced. he wasn't offended she had 'taken' his kill. it was all going to Swiftcurrent in the end, wasn't it? that's what mattered in the end. what should only matter.

he realized his presence may alarm her, so he would remain where he was among the foliage. only his shoulders and head were seen, as he had tried to camouflage himself perfectly before striking. still, his creamy fur stood out now that he could be seen. "ye want t' bring more in?" he'd offer his services to the stranger - no, packmate - easily enough. "can 'elp ye hunt more." with two of them, the cache would get full faster. then again, if she didn't want to hunt with him he wasn't going to be insulted.
2/5 0/5
major focus on group hunting, patrolling, defensive fighting
benedict speaks with a heavy accent; if you need a translation just ask!
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Forward Dated: April 4, 2019

If there hadn’t been a rabbit dangling from her mouth, she might have yelped in surprise. Spinning quickly to catch sight of the pastel colored man. Dropping the rodent, she watched him warily, reaching for some kind of pack scent the would be upon his pelt. Finding a weak scent of Kavik, Rosalie relaxed a little. Even as her late onset maternal instincts riled their ugly head.

Nodding slowly, she dipped her head slightly, greeting the pale man. “Rosalie, although most call me Lie. You new here?” She had every intention of continuing to hunt, but she wanted to know more about him before wandering of with the stranger turned packmate.
1/5
5/5

34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she'd drop her catch, viewing him with understandable wariness. Benedict relaxed in the brush, trying to appear as non-threatening as possible. his pack scent was weak, having only been here for a few days, and he berated himself for startling the poor woman. "m' Benedict" he would reply to her, a dip of his head "s' nice t' meet ye, Rosalie" he wouldn't call her something so casual when he had only just met the other "ye, only fer a bit" he'd confess to her "just tryin' t' do what I can." a cautious smile approached his lips. which is why he asked to join her hunt.
2/5 0/5
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

“Benedict.” She tested the name on her tongue, dropping his thick accent. “A pleasure.” She dipped her head once more, accepting the greeting. Giving a small smile, if Kavik trusted him within the territory when their children were so young, then she could accept him. If there was one thing that Lie knew about Kavik, it was his protectiveness surrounding their family.

“I would appreciate all the help I could get. There are lots of young mouths to feed, and a hungry mother too.” Flicking her head, in their intended direction, before dropping her head to pick up the rabbit. She sauntered in the direction she had seen some more rabbits.
1/5
5/5

34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
he'd nod, having noticed the children in the camp. he hadn't approached any of them yet - mindful of wary mothers - so he was content to watch and see if anyone needed help. Rosalie provided that first. maybe some people would next approach him if they saw him move around a bit more. contribute more. hunt and patrol more. all he wanted was to be tolerated. acceptance could come later.

Rosalie would turn, making him follow after her as the pair went off. she kept her kill on her and he wondered if he shouldn't offer to bury it for later retrieval. the scent of a dead rabbit may spook other prey. or even attract predators. but luck would be on their side as the fresh scent of rabbits hit his nose. close too. Benedict would drop into a crouch, scooting quietly around the woman toward the smell. peeking through the foliage, he'd see at least two rabbits hopping around ahead.

the man would turn back to Rosalie, questioning in his eyes. how did she want to do this?
2/5 0/5
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

He followed dutifully, which was good. She had no desire to exert much effort in pleasantries today. The rabbit hung from her mouth. She hadn’t anticipated finding company, originally, she would have returned to the den and given Alessia her snack before heading out once more. Not yet comfortable enough with the man to bring him closer to the den, Lie decided to catch more first before heading back.

The scent of more prey struck her snout and she paused, Benedict stepped forward. Gently placing her previous kill so as not to startle their upcoming prey. A smirk settled on her features as she nodded her head. The thrill of the impending event rushing her veins. Stepping forward she peered at the rabbits ahead. She could only see one from her vantage, as the other had jumped into a bush.
1/5
5/5

34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she only gave him a nod, making him wonder what she was thinking. Benedict would turn back to the rabbits with soft confusion clear on his features. he took it as a sign to get going, to do something instead of standing there. with the focus now entering his eyes, the man would crouch lower and scoot around to go after the rabbit in the brush. if he startled it, the other one could jump directly into Rosalie's path. at least... that was the plan.

the point was, they could easily catch both. before him now the rabbit was munching on a stray piece of grass, almost hidden in the thicker part. he'd move closer, making not a sound. it was almost too easy. with a sudden growl, he'd leap out and quickly snatch the rabbit in his jaws. a sickening crunch was echoed by the prey's final scream. with one down, the other rabbit bolted right toward the woman blindly. fear and wide eyes all.
2/5 0/5
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

Rolled for funsies! And I lost….. sigh

He seemed to understand to some extent what she was getting at. Except he launched himself at the rabbit, she had thought he was going to lure it to her. His jaws clamped around the creature, and she almost rounded on him when the second rabbit came out of nowhere. Surprised, Rosalie relied on instinct. Had the mammal been completely aware of what was happening Lie wouldn’t have been able to catch it. But luckily her own mistake was covered by the rabbit’s insane need to get away from the predators.

Her jaws narrowly missed the creatures throat, giving it enough time to rush off in the opposite direction. Throwing herself at the animal she gave chase. Thirty seconds later she was out of a breath and hand nothing to show for it, as she rabbit dove deftly into a hole amongst the roots of a tree.

“Shit!” She exclaimed in her hast. “Dammit!” Lie stomped angrily back to Benedict. “That was my fault, I’m sorry.” She wasn’t used to hunting with others, and this was becoming abundantly obvious.
1/5
5/5

34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she missed, but they had gotten one already. two, in fact, which was enough for him. he'd drag the rabbit from the brush, watching as she stomped over to him. his pale blues would not be furrowed in anger, however. merely wonder, at her anger. dropping his prey, he'd give a nod to where she had left the previous rabbit's corpse. "we got two" Benedict said clearly enough " n' it ain't yer fault" he added with an attempt at a reassuring grin "people miss. ain't much ye can do 'bout it, eh?"

if life was that easy, he'd find it boring. no, this miss would only let Rosalie be reminded of her failure and try better next time. since there was the scent of blood heavily here now, Benedict knew they wouldn't find anything else. it was best to wait and go out another day, once the prey had calmed down. either way, he wasn't upset with the mistake. it happened. more times than he cared to admit. "c'mon, let's git these two back t' camp" he'd say, picking his own rabbit from the ground.
2/5 0/5
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

tags for reference, cuz Lie is having emotions and Kav deserves to know lmao

At least Benedict had a good head on his shoulders, he let he slip up roll off. Something that Rosalie was grateful for, since the pups had been born, she had been running herself ragged trying to be the best mother and partner to Alessia, and a less extent to @Kavik. She couldn’t imagine how stressed Kavik must be considering his position as Alpha.

With a nod she picked up the rabbit she had caught earlier, and took the lead back to one of the main caches within the territory. Lie was still learning the lay of the land, but she had a basic idea of where everything was, especially the food.

“You can add yours here. Unless you’re hungry, then don’t let me stop you.” She smiled slightly, having dropped the carcass to speak. “I have to take this one back to Alessia and our children.”
1/5
5/5

34 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
his eyes left her frame to stare at the cache. his head would bend down, dropping the rabbit and breaking off half of it before depositing the rest in the pile. he wasn't going to take more than he could contribute; he'd only caught one rabbit. the children may not need the substance right now, but the mothers did. Benedict would take half and go out again later. maybe fish a bit. something to fill the stocks up more. "thank ye." he'd dip his head to Rosalie, letting her go back to her loved ones and he'd remain here. once he had eaten, he'd drag all the contents of the cache back to camp. no use leaving it in the open for predators to get a whiff of. reclining, the man would only eat when she was safely off.
2/5 0/5
~ the outsider ~
183 Posts
Ooc —

short and sweet to wrap up. Thanks for the thread!

“No problem. Welcome to Swiftcurrent Benedict.” Picking up her lovers meal, she offered a quick smile around the rabbit. Turning around she sauntered off toward the Alpha’s den.
1/5
5/5