Heron Lake Plateau Spherical
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
All Welcome 
Have you ever seen that video where animals have round bodies and short legs? That's what you should envision when you think of Camilla in her current state. The fat has been building up around her middle and she's more or less, been hulking out, in a sense. Her limbs are still thin and hearken back to a time before she'd become an incubator for the spawn of Phox Redhawk, but she hasn't been as mobile in the past few days, not like before. Every time she tries to stand she wobbles, and even now as she settles herself in for a nap at the roost for some midday napping, she just cannot settle. Eventually the woman stops trying and gets back to her poor small feet; they're sore as heck but laying down makes her feel worse, so... Guess she's stuck looking like an over-inflated parade balloon. Thanks, Phox.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee wondered if @Tegan was home from his trip. She knew about Bat's intentions and Towhee wanted to make sure her fellow Beta was okay once his friend took to the road. She located a relatively fresh scent trail and began to track it. As she threaded across the plateau, she found herself stumbling across Camilla, who looked as discomfited as she did swollen.

"How many do you think are in there?" she drawled casually to her sister-in-law as she drew closer, putting her search on hold temporarily. "Hopefully at least three. I figure you'll name the first two Phox Jr and Camilla Jr, then dibs on Towhee Jr for the third."
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
Oooooooooof.

Camilla wanted to die. No, she wanted to sleep. No, she wanted a bath and a foot rub. Nnnno... yes, but not in that order. Oh, she didn't know what she wanted! But the ground hurt everywhere and standing hurt everything and she was getting so very very very fat!

How many do you think are in there? queried a familiar voice, which earned Camilla's attention. Anything was better than fixating on her swollen belly. Except that Towhee, as she came upon Camilla and gave her a look over, proceeded to remind her of her status.

Each additional name earned a bigger huff, until Camilla merely rolled her eyes and leveled an emphatic, are ya done? raise of her brows at the other wolf. Then she plopped down to her haunches, and spent the next few minutes fidgeting. I don't knowwww. Mmmn, I'm so big, and they're so pushy, and my feet hurt!

Bitch, moan, bitch, moan -- it came tumbling out, the first words she'd said in days, sounding as sharp as a balloon losing air.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee raised a brow at Camilla's unexpectedly sassy response. She hadn't thought her sister-in-law had it in her. Entertained by this change in temperament, Towhee stretched out a leg and prodded at Camilla's distended belly.

"You think it's bad now? Just wait until they bust their way out of your vagoose," Towhee said, eyes impish.
-Signing.- | "Speaking." | -"Signing & speaking."- | "Mouthing (inaudible)." | Thoughts.

I archive threads if my partner goes inactive and/or there are no new replies for several weeks. I'm more than happy to continue an archived thread if you're interested. Just revive it (via maintenance) and tag me in your next reply. :)
170 Posts
Ooc — JB
She had forgotten the last time she had pooped little bundles of life out of her body, but after a pause to think, realized that the vagoose was not part of her repetoire. Then again, her first time had been frantic - and she still wasn't up to speed with how everything worked. She tried to reposition and get a look at herself as she hunted for the elusive vagoose, but gave up with a huff when Towhee prodded at her.

Want them ouuuuut! She droned, pouting and plopping to the dirt in order to save her poor feet. They made me fat, I didn't get fat last time! Its not fair. As she complained, Camilla forgot who she was talking to and let slip a secret usually held deep in her mind from an old and painful life.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
"Fuck," Towhee mumbled, "you know you're whining too loud when even the resident deaf can hear it." This was said mostly in jest, although seriously, why was Camilla bitching so much? Wasn't she happy to be full of Phox's seed? Why did that thought make Towhee's insides turn into hot jelly jam?

"Wait," the Beta said, having caught the slip despite her own distraction, "what do you mean, 'the last time'...?"

170 Posts
Ooc — JB
It didn't occur to Camilla that her words might be a bit inappropriate, or that they might cause a few eyebrows to raise, but she'd changed with the rising of her hormones; what might've never falling from her lips now was being shared with the world, and she didn't see the harm in it. But when you consider that Camilla hadn't known what was going on the first time, and only vaguely understood this time, well... Maybe cut her some slack. Or don't, because she's stupid.

The woman shrugged her shoulders (not that you'd notice from the heft around them), and replied, I got sick, and then my belly hurt a lot, and... Her gaze darkened suddenly, flashing back to the memories of before, when she'd gone through so much and thought herself deserving of it all. They had kept her well dosed with all manner of herbs; still, she recalled seeing some questionable things. I was sick, and it made me big like -- like this, and -- then it hurt so they made me sleep, and when I woke up -- I was better.

It dawned on her that the same thing might be happening now; that she might be sick again, but worse. So much worse because she was so much bigger! She rolled a pace back from Towhee when she thought of this, and looked at her in a new light. Stay back, I don' want you sick too!
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee's orange eyes bored into Camilla, though it sort of sounded like Camilla was mixing up pregnancy with some other illness. She thought about pressing the issue based on her sister-in-law's vague (and somewhat ominous) phrasing but, on second thought, she decided not to kick that possible hornet's nest. Something had made her very loopy and though she'd grown on Towhee since, the mercenary was still ill-equipped to hold her hand through reliving trauma. Yeah, no, let's change the subject.

"I don't think I can catch pregnancy," Towhee replied wryly, rolling her eyes. "Look, I'm sure it sucks and your vagoose is going to be a disaster afterward. But think of the puppies. You're gonna be a mom. Phox is gonna be a dad. More importantly, I'm gonna be an aunt. How cool is that?"

170 Posts
Ooc — JB
I don't think I can catch pregnancy, countered her sister-in-law, but that wasn't a word she'd ever heard used before. The more she rambled on, the less and less Camilla understood. She realized by the end of it that something was very, very wrong. She knew what a mom was, and a dad - but that wasn't - she couldn't be --

Oh. Ohhh.

A flash of light in her mind's eye, as the bulb lit like a flare. All those days lived at the mercy of those men! Growing fat and sick and so hungry, and then the drugs — the darkness of Camilla's life before the Redhawks finally made sense to her. She hadn't been sick; the other women hadn't tended to her out of care, but out of pity; the lost time at the end had been because she'd --- she'd become a mother?

No, mothers had children. I... She was gawking at Towhee, but not really looking at her.
I'm gonna be a mum?

And with that her legs gave out; she rested her plump belly on the dirt and stared awkwardly down at the soil by her feet, completely stunned.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Towhee's eye sockets literally ached from all the rolling. When Camilla seemed to realize she was going to be a mother, the Beta didn't take it as the moment when her brother's wife literally understood the birds and the bees. She just assumed the reality of it suddenly hit her. She could only imagine what it must be like, mentally and physically preparing to give birth and raise kids. She was happy to pitch in, of course, but it wasn't something Towhee ever wanted for herself.

Reaching up a paw, she clapped Camilla on the shoulder. "Yup. Unless you wanna give them to me to raise," she joked. No, she didn't want to do the whole song and dance herself, although Towhee would be lying if the idea of raising Camilla's pups as her own alongside Phox didn't have a weird sort of appeal. Of course, that was absurd. And it'd never happen. Unless Camilla, like, died in childbirth. And since she's played by JB, the odds of that are... actually really good. So maybe that'll happen. I don't know. I guess we'll see.

170 Posts
Ooc — JB
As soon as Towhee touched Camilla's shoulder the woman's expression melted; blame the hormones, or the powerful realization that she was going to be a mom and she had babies inside of her, or the fat she was utterly unprepared, whatever — she stood there sobbing uncontrollably and more or less fell in to Towhee in a desperate search for comfort.
Sun Mote Copse
Master
4,956 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Camilla basically collapsed into her arms. Towhee squinted but supported her, even patting her on the shoulder more gently now. "There, there..." You crazy fucking bitch, she thought, but with love. Mostly.