Blackfoot Forest stop by pike place, throwing fish to a player
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
All Welcome 
tegan had not looked back once. not a single time. why bother? bat had so easily left him behind -- so willingly -- so why the fuck would he dwell on her? his future was back at the plateau, and that was the one place he was focused on.

that was, until, a:
WHOLE
GOD
DAMN
TREE 
fell, right behind him.

well holy shit yeah he was gonna turn around and look at it... are you out of your mind??

it was an earsplitting CRACK, a louder THUD, and then an eerie silence as even the birds stopped chirping to figure out: wtf? tegan stood, head turned over his shoulder, nose twitching, and observed the fallen tree with concern and intrigue. to him, it was only more, solid evidence that he was doing good not looking back. good riddance.
i have loved the stars too fondly
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; hope you don't mind meeee

WHUMP!

the sky was full of birds suddenly, scattering at the great big noise. Bee's mouth would drop open, eyes wide. "oh no! who scared'ed you, birdies?" she'd call to them as if expecting an answer. when only nervous chittering was given in reply, she'd turn and race toward the source. whatever birds had taken flight after the tree had fallen... well, they were long gone by now. probably not a great idea to have, going right to the loud and frightening noise, but when was she ever good at listening to instinct?

the girl's steps carried her, long limbs flexing with the run, toward the fallen tree. she gasped for breath as she skids to a halt, directly behind the trunk. her blue eyes lift to spot a wolf on the other side, looking at the tree with curiosity. "are you okay there?" she'd call over to the stranger, though her eyes were on the tree still. what a sad thing to witness... a poor little tree (little? hah...) having ended its life so fruitlessly. probably not on purpose but still. she wanted to curl up to it and reassure the new corpse. say 'you'll see your ancestors' now. that sorta weird thing.

but she didn't say it out loud. probably was still shocked to see the result.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
I DO NOT MIND

just as tegan was about to turn and go, he spotted a black and white wolf who reminded him a tad of sapphira, the wolf who had stained his reputation (as if he hadn't done that himself) and probably turned him down by leaving. he decided not to run through that base again, so he kept his misogynistic thoughts about how hot she was to himself. 

"yah it's gucci over here -- are you good?" he returned, turning fully to stare at the fae with a tilt of his head.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Bee let out the breath she had been holding in. oh good - er, gucci - that the other was alright! "oh goodie! I didn't know what to do if you got hurt" she'd giggle-snort, having no knowledge of his pack or any others in the area. she couldn't go for help so easily if the tree had fallen on him. she was absolutely useless when it came to plant names. naming them herself, however, was a proven fun activity. "I'm fine, thanks! it missed me by a mile" no reason to tell the other that she had literally run over to see it for herself. how curious it had been. her head would tilt dangerously to the side as she regarded the stranger. "what's gucci mean? does it mean, uh, 'fine'?" no, 'hello I'm so and so' but more of 'wow what a fun word I want to know what it means' deal.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
"leave me for the birds, i guess," tegan returned with a good-natured smile and a few waves of his pale tail. to her question, he snorted, nodding in response. "yeah basically. it's like, i'm good, but i'm also cool. ya dig?" tegan figured that this, of all things, was a good definition of the word gucci. towhee had never gotten the hang of it. no mention of bat.

"i'm tegan," he said then with a flick of his ear. he was typically good at introductions, so even though she forgot he was wayyyy on it.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"the birdies have to eat too, I guess" she would add softly, a brief faraway look on her face as she thought on the scared little birds she had passed on the way here. what if they had turned right around and descended on this poor guy, pecking him to death? that was awful, even if she knew birds ate meat too. "you're cool? okay!" she snapped right back to earth, agreeing with this one hundred percent already. 

"I'm Bee" she would introduce herself with a pleasant enough smile. she wondered if she was going to be gucci one day. she didn't really think she was cool. 'Bee' wasn't even a cool name. Willoughby was too dang long for a girl her age, so she shortened it. her brows furrowed for a moment before relaxing. "nice to meet you, Tegan!" she yipped, committing his name to memory.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
"sure am," replied tegan smoothly with a few wags of his tail. and then, after she said it was nice to meet him, tegan chirped, "bee and tee!" and, inwardly, he was a little sad that if he ran around being like 'wassup b!' it wouldn't have the same effect that it did on niamh, because this broads name actually was bee. bugger. 

well, okay. now what. 

mmmm.

"where you goin, bee?" he asked her with a few flicks of his ear. it seemed like general enough conversation and tegan -- despite the previous days -- was feeling pretty light hearted.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she giggle-snorted at his words, giving a friendly nod of her head. "Bee and Tee, yep!" 'Tee' was definitely still a cool name. a bee just buzzy-buzzed around. stung people. hurt them. she wondered what a 'tee' did... probably something still cool. probably not hurting anyone that's for sure. her gaze would shift to the mountains to the north - unknown to where Moonspear was for that was in another thread and another time. she couldn't know there were packs out there.

"going, uh, there. I'm following Polaris - the north star" she'd reply happily enough. her tail swished on the ground behind her. "I just got to this place, actually. I've never been this far away. it's so exciting... so many possibilities. but the stars always remain the same" she didn't realize she had been rambling to him. a total stranger. she gave a little start. "do you live 'round here, Tee?" for he did not smell like anywhere she'd been so far.
hey, motherfucker!
770 Posts
Ooc —
Ambassador
Ranger
"oh shit, you a scout?" commented tegan brightly with a flick of his ears. he pushed away the thought he had about bat being the one who taught him about polaris, because that was a mopey thing for a mopey time. not right now. "i'm a scout, world's best, actually," he added in general clarification. 

he nodded, then, with a wave of his tail. "n' that's a dope way of lookin at it. honestly never thought about that before. lotta cool places to go, i like seeing new shhtuff," he added with a broad grin, shoulders rolling. to her next question, tegan shook his head. "no i'm from like, way west of here. i just got done with a mission so i gotta go home now." go home alone.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
"whoa - world's best scout?" naive little Bee would gasp, giving up ever of rising to his level in the scouting world. she wanted to focus on nature, healing and general good vibes. maybe a dash of traveling far and wide. but if Tegan held the position of best scout, what hope did she have? he continued to speak and she was rapid in listening, giving little nods of the head to help flow the conversation forward.

but she would deny being a scout. "I want to learn everything - I dunno what I want to be yet" because trades were totally lost on her. however he lived here, but he wasn't anywhere close to where he was living. "what sorta mission?" if it was important enough to ask best-scout here to do something for them, she suspected it was one of a grave and live-dead importance. "oh, do you live in a pack?" cause if someone gave him an order, it was usually pack related stuffs.