Lost Creek Hollow I'm nothing special.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
All Welcome 

She wouldn't be able to sleep in the clover field for very long, she decided. Any proper lady had her own den. At least, mom had one - and so did other mom, and so did Lily, and for a while all the kids slept together in a big one. Ibis loved to sleep under the stars when she was back home in Elysium, and had gotten more engrossed in the stars since the night her father had been teaching Okeanos and herself about them; it seemed wrong to find a den all of a sudden, because she wouldn't be able to see the stars or trace their shapes. Then again, her daddy was here — she didn't have to study them so hard, or spend hours wondering if he was looking at them too. They could look at them together.

In short, Ibis had not made up her mind yet. She was busying herself in the meadow which had become some kind of refuge to her, checking on her stockpile of assorted plants (ie: various pretty, but useless, weeds). Her mind wandered often, but she stayed in the general vicinity of the clovers, as if afraid to go too far in any one direction. What if she ran in to Treason again? Or Gannet, and made a fool of herself? No, it was much better if she stay right here.
Daisies, daisies perched upon her forehead
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei was not sure why, but out she went again. Even after meeting a stranger, she wanted to go out, stretch her legs. Like she used to, venturing up and down the mountain of Moonspear. Sliding across the frozen water, playing in the fallen leaves of Autumn. But this time, she found something different.

A back border. She paused, right there. Korei somewhat froze there, thinking if she needed to move away or, as her curioisty pulled at her, see who lived here.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
There was only so much she could do to entertain herself when she was, essentially, surrounded by grass. There were trees (this was a forest after all) and there were ferns (they were kind of prickly), but mostly there was empty space. It would be a good spot to stargaze; if Ibis was in any way physically gifted, she might have used the space as a training area. Alas, she was as far from being a jock as you could imagine.

However, she could hear someone moving around in the tree line nearby. Someone, or something. It was unsettling to think about what could be out in the big dark forest surrounding her, and she wasn't at all brave enough to check it out. Instead she hunkered down in a deep patch of clover, tucking her thin limbs beneath her petite body, and waited - not realizing her tail and her ears were clearly visible among all the green.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia kept still at the border, still rather nervous to take any action at all. So, she sighed...starting to move away from the area, till she noticed something. Something, or someone was near. She saw ears and a tail, and her face took on the same of a deer in headlights.

"I-I can see you!" She called out, maybe she would ask them. And not only ask why they hid, but what this place was, too.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis watched the shape, and slowly she recognized it as being a wolf-shape. It moved a little bit and she tracked it with her eyes, although it didn't go far at all; it didn't come closer, but it didn't run away either. It was almost like the wolf was afraid or nervous, which was odd - mostly because Ibis thought the shape looked older, like an adult, and they didn't get scared! So why were they -- oh!

I-I can see you! Came the shout. The stranger's voice was high and almost shrill, but it was also feminine. Ibis had much more experience with girls than she did with boys, so that eased her own nerves a little bit. The shouting surprised her though; she bolted upright and nearly tripped on her own feet while trying to emerge from the clovers and ferns. She stumbled free, and the tiny girl peeped, S-sorry! Did I scare you..?

Ibis felt like she'd done something terrible, and her body slouched with signs of awkward sheepishness.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia kept exactly where she was. Waiting for them to come up, so she could ask questions to satiate her own curious mind. And that they did, they indeed got up. Even if they stumbled...then she saw them. A female, like herself. And small. Young? Then they spoke, and she couldn't help but smile. They reminded her of her old self.

"N-No! Did I scare you?" she asked back, knowing how strange someone coming to a border could be. "I...I had only been curious."
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
They responded with a look first, glancing at Ibis before drawing closer. When the stranger spoke again she seemed just as anxious as herself. That was silly - Ibis was tiny! She was always the smallest and she would never hurt anyone! Especially not an adult of her father's pack, that would get her in a lot of trouble.

I... I had only been curious, shared the lady. Ibis nodded - she understood.

I'm sorry. I don't know many people here, so I was nervous. My name is Ibis! Ibis Cerulean, she made sure to enunciate her middle name and felt pretty great when she was successful; it was a long name and it had been a struggle to get it right when she was really really little. Just for good measure she added, my dad lives here.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia felt more and more reminded of herself. Korei had always been curious, and seeing another just like her...well, it brought along thoughts of comfort. She chuckled a bit.

"I...I don't know many around these parts, either. Except for a few in my pack. Their nearby, too!" Her tail wagged a bit behind her, smiling gently. Already she was enjoying this conversation. "Your dad, is he nice?"
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
It had taken the majority of their conversation for Ibis to realize something about this girl; besides the fact she was very pretty, and obviously older than herself, she wasn't really a member of the Hollow. It struck her suddenly, and once the information dawned upon her (thanks to the way Korei spoke about her nearby pack) Ibis wasn't sure how to handle the information. She opted not to say anything. If she continued as if nothing was wrong, then nobody could get mad at her! That was logical, right? Oh, but that meant she was probably breaking the rules, right? This girl wasn't from the Hollow but she was right here, and --- oh, oh no! What shold she do?

Your dad, is he nice? asked Korei, which diverted Ibis' thoughts away from the flurry of considerations building up a tumult in her mind. She fixed her big bright eyes on Korei as she said, rather stiffly I might add, Yes; he's the Alpha. She watched Korei to see how she'd take that information, but eventually added her own question in return: Where do you live?
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
I just realized, her father is Korei's first crush...

Korei tipped her head a bit as the other wolf seemed to be stiff. More so than before. Had she said something wrong? Her wagging stopped. "The alpha...it is good he is a nice alpha!" she cheerily added, her tail wagging again. 

Korei set her gaze back the way she came from. "Easthollow! Home that isn't far from here. They're nice there!" She felt like a child again, how she once used to be.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Easthollow.

It wasn't a name she knew; she wondered if all the wolves living there were so friendly, and that helped her to ease the tension building in her body. Ibis lay back down in the clover, crushing some of the greenery in the process so that it didn't interfere with her view of the pale girl, and regarded her in a new light.

But --- you're to the west of us. Wouldn't that make you Westhollow, and us Easthollow? Oh, but, what's it like? A big forest like us, or something else? Ibis realized as she asked, she was actually quite curious. Can you tell me any stories about your home? I... I can tell you one too, if you want. We can trade. She didn't consider the fact that Ibis herself was new to these parts, so she wouldn't have much of a story to contribute.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia giggled at that. Yes, now in her heard the notion was silly. "I do think it is cause it is east of elsewhere, not of you" she answered first, still giggling lightly at the young female. "It is a nice place...I don't have many stories." She had to think for a bit. Then smiled to herself.

"Well, there is one....featuring me, a friend, and a deep dark hole of snow." She sat down, preparing to start. "I had been hiding in the snow, minding my own business when someone came by. They almost reached me when suddenly...they disappeared. Turns out, they had fallen into a hole in the snow! They got out, landing on me but it was easily forgiven. I learned that snow wasn't always safe and to watch your step..."
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
When her new friend commented about the name of her home, Ibis laughed. It didn't make sense! There was nothing else in her little world beyond this valley, and the prospect that there was something further away seemed so strange and so silly! But she knew not to laugh too hard or for too long in case she offended her friend. It didn't matter much, because Korei obliged her request for a story, and soon her attention was redirected.

Ibis remembered snow. She'd just survived her first winter after all, and it was horrible stuff. The little girl had struggled to stay warm because of her petite size and lack of winter weight, and while she thought it was pretty to watch, Ibis did not like to wander around in it. The image of Korei hiding in snow was amusing, but also to some degree horrifying because of her personal views on the substance.

The conclusion that snow wasn't always safe earned a firm nod from Ibis; she hadn't ever been swallowed by a pit of snow, but it sounded awful. And then it was her turn to tell a story - oh! What would she talk about?

Ibis thought about it for a moment, and then leaned in to whisper conspiratorally at her new friend - she had just the story!

This one time, I was lost in the willow forest. The willows -- they're big big big trees, and their branches look sad and droopy. I couldn't tell them apart yet, I was only a baby, she said this very matter-of-factly, as if she wasn't still (kind of) a baby. And I took a bad turn. I tripped, and fell right in to the river! It was very scary. I kicked at the water, but I drank a lot of it! My momma was there really fast, and she rescued me. It was quite the experience. My momma is a super hero!
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia laughed with her. She wasn't sure why Ibis was laughing yet, she did not question it at all. Still, whatever it was must have been funny enough to laugh about. Till they both stopped, and Korei had told her story. Iris didn't seem to react so much. 

Ibis began her own story after, and Korei did her turn of listening this time. Willows, that didn't sound too bad. She spoke of taking a bad turn, of tripping of...Korei stilled at that. It may seem she was listening, but she blanked. Falling. River. She heard the last part, her mother being a hero. "Th-That's nice...really nice."
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
She didn't know why Korei had that glossed-over look on her face, and didn't think to ask. But the mood between the two girls appeared to shift, and Ibis was perceptive enough to make note of that at the very least. She wondered if she'd said something wrong. Rather than ask and have it confirmed, she just smiled and nodded, pleased that her story at least had some effect on her new friend. It wasn't meant to be a scary story at all but something about it seemed to have bothered Korei.

I have other stories too! Umm, this one time I was playin' on my own and I was digging, and I found a new friend! It was really small. But it was round and smooth like a rock, and it had a face on it. I was playing with it when my sister Eleuthera found me though, and then I had to share. She always does that — er, did that. She.. She's gone now. Her commentary lost momentum after she remembered that Eleuthera had gone on an adventure, leaving the Willows ages ago. Ibis had no idea if she was still out there roaming the Wilds or not, and found herself suddenly introspective and sad, missing her friend.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei brightened hearing about the other stories that Ibis wished to share. So she put on a smile as she kept her ears forward to listen. A friend...like a rock. With a face? She had no idea what that must have been, and giggled at the description she gave on it. "An odd friend, certainly."

Ibis spoke of a sister, and at the last remark she thought to her own sisters...all of them. "I...I have many sisters so I know what it was like. To share, so much." Like the pride of a father.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis gasped, You do? in rhetorical awe once Korei admitted to having many sisters. Ibis had always wanted a sister; she loved Okeanos a lot, he was her whole world, her protector and best friend. But she still missed Eleuthera (despite being tremendously jealous of her), and now found herself pining for the company of sisters and mothers she had not seen in weeks. It put a damper on the moment. I only have Okeanos, my brother. I mean, I guess I have a big family. I've got dad here, and Mama Treason, but she's not really my mum. And then I have Mama Seabreeze, Mama Olive --- I have a lot of mums. It struck her suddenly that maybe, perhaps, that wasn't normal.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei nodded at that. Only one sister she had season recently, but it was enough to keep her hopes up about them. And with the addition of them making up, it helped her a lot. And Ibis seemed intrigued by the fact, as well and that earned a chuckle from her. She found it rather like herself back when she was so young. It pleased her, in a way to see someone like how she had been.

She was about to speak of her sisters when Ibis was done, but something occured to her...Olive. It couldn't be...could it? "This...Olive. Green eyes? Grey fur?" Korei was sure it could not have been the same from her own puphood.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis thought about her many beautiful mothers when prompted, although it didn't take long before she was nodding and smiling at the description that Korei offered. Olive had the clearest, greenest eyes she had ever seen. That's my mum! One of them. How do you know her? she asked eagerly, scooting closer to Korei on her belly. It was always nice to make new friends.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei had to think back. Far back in her memory to remember. Finding Olive and her garden, where he love for plants first began to grow. How Olive had talked to her about plants. She smiled a bit. "She used to be in my old home...Moonspear. I met her, once...she loved plants, like I do." That was about as much as Korei ever learned about the female. To learn she was still out there...it warmed her heart.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
Ibis did not know much about the lives of her family prior to Elysium, but it was an interesting and heart-warming thing to consider Olive being involved with her new friend; she wished she knew more, but didn't want to be a brat and start asking one-hundred questions (even if she felt a great desire). The mention of flowers made her smile grow too — it seemed her friend was just as invested in the pretty world around them as she was! I like them too - she countered, -flowers, I mean. I collect them! Maybe if I can find some nice ones I can come visit Easthollow and show you? We can compare them! Maybe Easthollow had some plants growing in it that Ibis had never seen before? Her eyes lit with the possibilities, and her tail wagged behind her.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei giggled some at that. So she liked plants as well? How more could Ibis be like herself, she wondered. All but looks, it seemed. And stars, but she had yet to ask of stars. Then when Ibis offered to visit, if Korei had not been trying to keep her composure she would have been trotting circles in joy.

"Yes! Yes, I...I would love that! We can compare plants! And I can teach about plants that can help others." As well as those that would hurt others.
Ghost
1,058 Posts
Ooc — Talamasca
Master Ambassador
This was a good thread! Thanks so much. :)

Ibis couldn't help but giggle with her, and then began to wag her little tail happily when Korei agreed. She would've said more, but there can a small summoning call within the woods for Ibis specifically — it sounded like her father, but maybe it was Gannet?

She wasn't happy to have her fun inturrupted but she knew better than to dilly-dally, and rose up to her paws. Maybe Gannet wanted to discuss the plan of visiting Elysium — the thought knotted her belly a little bit. Ibis looked to Korei briefly, smiling, and said, I have to go now, but I'll come visit! I promise! I'll probably get someone to show me the way though.. I'm really bad at directions. Her ears fanned about on her head a little as she admitted this, and she shyly dipped her head.

But I'll call for you! I'll bring you the prettiest flowers I can find, ok? As she mentioned this, Ibis was sliding along through the clover, heading deeper in to the territory, clearly putting an end to their conversation.
798 Posts
Ooc — Cody
Korei Julia giggled along with her newfound friend, so she put it, smiling gently. There was a call however, that had her nerves grow hard. She started to back up slightly. "Uh, right." If one thing made her nervous, it was being on the borders of another pack and the chance others may come. However, the promise of a visit brightened her smile once more.

"Yes! Yes, do come visit. I'll let my alpha know, just in case! And I will have plants to show you!" she offered in return. With one last smile, Korei was moving away from the border. Back to her home.

Thank you too!