Wapun Meadow Sun and the moon
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
@Takiyok ? — Leaving the EH thread super vague ❤

The snow seems endless; blanketing the Valley in white anywhere the bearish wolf looked. Winter feels as if it's finally in full bloom. While the temperatures have been frigid, it's blizzard-esque conditions have escaped Evergreen's grasp until he traveled northward with his sister, Thistle. Now, it bites at him as if they were old rivals; playmates who fought too fiercely and Evergreen isn't certain he wants much to do with it. His ears flatten as he looks skyward; perplexed with the situation he's gotten himself in. Perhaps it would have been smarter had they convinced mother and uncle to wait until Spring to leave the nest, so to speak.

It does not help that he worries for his mother's condition. Before they left, it was obvious Oki no longer had the energy she once did. Her disability seemed to effect her more; nose no longer sharp and ears no longer able to pick up the tiniest of sounds. Where her eyes failed her, her other senses used to stand tenfold stronger. He knows, deep down, part of the reason why she sent them on this journey wasn't just for them. He knew Oki did not wish for them to witness her decay. Evergreen just struggled with such a thought; despite how difficult it would be to see the sun in his world glow dimmer each day, Evergreen can't help being pulled by her gravity. He misses her. He knows Thistle misses her, too.

'Please be safe,' he thinks, swallowing down the lump in his throat. Standing from his post along the Meadow's outskirts, the beast shakes his fur free. The blanket of snow forming across his brown coat now a mere dusting. He supposes now he might as well make himself useful. Maybe explore—scout the area so unknown to the newcomer—before the sun sank any further. Soft colors of purple, pink and orange reflect off the winter wonderland, giving the Meadow an ethereal glow. He wonders, if it's this gorgeous during the winter, how will it be come spring?
Working on wrapping up current threads!
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Old habits died hard it seemed, and Taki often found herself visiting the lake's adjacent territories to check for loners or other potential dangers. The meadow was a popular place for her; she liked the way the snow gathered here without much to stop the large amounts of accumulation. She also knew the elk herd the she at least viewed as belonging to Diaspora made this meadow part of their travel path sometimes, furthering her feelings of ownership over the territory.

So, she was somewhat irritated to pick up the unfamiliar scent of a stranger. She followed the intruder's scent until she was met with his large, bear-like form in the distance. She was not a small wolf, but he was definitely bigger than she was. That wouldn't deter her, though--such things never did. She stopped walking once she was close enough that he would hear her if she spoke. You're awfully close to claimed lands, she stated coolly, raising a snowy eyebrow at the chocolate male. She said nothing else, making it clear she expected some kind of explanation before this meeting went any further.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
The Meadow, open as it is, has no shelter from the blistering breeze. His ears fold against his head at the chill, and he is certainly thankful for his winter coat. Perhaps he ought to have gone east from the Glade, and explored the wooded areas nearby. Lost in thought as he had been, however, Evergreen ended up here, and he figures he might as well continue. If need be, he could always go back. Mama didn't raise a quitter though.

Among the snowy landscape, he does not spot the fellow wolf until she is nearer. The bearish wolf almost shrinks under her striking orange gaze. One ear quirks forward in her direction, while the other remains flatten. His tail is kept neutral, laying comfortably. Of course, he hopes to come across non-threatening. The last thing he needs is a brawl on his hands. Mama didn't raise a fighter either. Evergreen only gets his hands bloody when it comes to defending himself or others.

Oh, uh, he starts ever eloquently. I'm just passing through. I don't mean any harm. If she wants him to leave, Evergreen won't fight her on that. But he is curious... What is your pack called? He tilts his head slightly to the right and wears a hesitant grin.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She regarded him with her usual suspicion as he spoke, not quite willing to take him at his word. His body language registered no threat so she relaxed about as much as she could in the presence of a stranger. If anything, he might prove to be a valuable recruit. He certainly had the size, but she was still unsure whether he had the right mentality to fit in with her mountain pack. My pack is Diaspora, she finally answered. We claim the mountains, she added with a lift of her snowy muzzle to the range behind her. She did not need to ask about his pack, because it was obvious from his scent that he was lone. She wondered, though. Passing through to where? What could bring him so closed to claimed land? It just did not dawn on the northerner that maybe others weren't quite as territorial as she was.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Diaspora.

The name is expectedly unfamiliar. His interest is piqued. Mountains were not the easiest of territory to house a pack on, after all, but hearty territories bore fruit all the same. His green eyes shift to follow the movement of her muzzle, fixating briefly on the mountainscape beyond her as if to commit the location to memory. Certainly Evergreen would be mindful of Diaspora.

I see, he says, a touch breathless and obviously eager to know more. Evergreen turns back to her, ears swerving back. Guilty; a look that reads he has been caught with his hand in the cookie jar. Uh, no... where specific to be honest? I'm unfamiliar with the lands so... I, uh, wanted to see what's out here. Dozens of opportunities probably. Its what his mother and uncle wanted him to experience, but Evergreen remains uncertain.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
When she turned back to the stranger, she noticed his gaze frozen on the mountains behind her. She couldn't blame him for that; they were beautiful, and even though she still grieved everyday for the glacier, she was proud of her new home. She was also not really sure what to make of the male. Usually her warning was met with hostility or defensiveness, but he only acted sorry and respectful. For once, she wasn't really sure what to say next. 

It seemed he was just wandering, and she couldn't really fault him for that. Exploring was something she often felt a deep need for. She studied him again for a few seconds. Are you in search of a place to settle? she asked curiously. If anything, maybe she could convince him to consider a home in the mountains he had so longingly stared at just moments ago.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Uh, yeah, actually. He almost wants to question how she knew what he is looking for, but he supposes its obvious given that it's the middle of winter and lone wolves typically do not survive without a pack. My sister and I... we have been searching for a pack to join. Many moons have passed without finding one to settle in. Evergreen wonders if luck will finally bless them, or if their life without one will continue into the Spring. The bearish wolf hopes not.

What is Diaspora like? Curiosity draws him in; moth to flame. Evergreen has yet to learn that sometimes, getting too close can end in a burn. Nonetheless, he looks to her with interest; perhaps Diaspora will be the light at the end of their dark tunnel. It would be nice to share such information with Thistle, and show that he isn't completely useless.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
The mention of a sister caused a familiar tightening in Taki's chest. She had sisters too, and she still had no idea where they were or if they were even alive. Never one to allow strangers to be privy to her more vulnerable emotions, she quickly pushed the the thoughts away. When he asked about Diaspora, Taki was more than glad for the opportunity to guide her thoughts in a more positive direction. It is not a pack for the weak, she started. Most of us are not content staying in one place for too long, she finished. It was the best way for her to explain Diaspora to a stranger without giving away too much information that might put them in some unknown danger. She couldn't help but expect the worst with those had not earned her trust. He seemed nice enough, but as always, she needed consistent proof before she fully trusted anyone. Still, maybe she could convince him to consider the mountains. And if doesn't consider it right now, maybe she could plant the seed and see if it grows and lures him back.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
A nomadic pack? Evergreen heard stories, yet never interacted with one before. It called to those of restless nature, and perhaps, upon a time, the bearish wolf would have piqued further interest in it. Travelling, however, was something he had grown tired of lately. Thistle might be more interested than he is, at least when it came to looking at new packs to join.

Diaspora did capture his attention, but it was for completely different reason. Scientific, if you will.

“That’s cool,” Evergreen paused—there were a million questions running through his head, but few seemed to land on the tip of his tongue. “Does this mean there is also… lots of fighting?” Evergreen might be the defensive sort and not afraid to throw his weight around if absolutely necessary, he found packs that required bullying others around too much… weren’t his cup of tea, per se.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
Cool wasn't really the word she would use for it, but whatever. She fought the urge to roll her eyes at his word choice, but gave no response to it otherwise. To his question, Taki shook her head. No not really, she answered flatly. We all get along fairly well, but none of us is afraid to protect what is ours if needed, she added. So far, they hadn't run into many problems making their way through the various mountain territories, but if needed, they would all gladly defend their claim. 

You have a sister? the northerner asked, a hint of curiosity in her features. Just the word caused a tightening in her chest. She would give anything to know where her sisters were. Is she close by? she asked next. She hadn't noticed a second wolf anywhere close by, but she was interested none the less.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
OK, so he had the wrong impression on what was “weak”—which is pretty screwed for someone who saw himself as not the strongest of the bunch despite his physical qualities. Evergreen blinks in surprise, taken aback that Disapora might actually be a pack Thistle and he would be interested in.

“That makes sense,” he says. Good packs should protect their own, and the property they claim, too. Evergreen himself never liked the idea of open-borders. Friendly it might seem, but it also,,, could be dangerous if wolves pranced in not respecting it.

“Oh, yeah! I do.” Evergreen lights up, eyebrows pushing upwards while a grin curves across his cheeks. He always enjoyed talking about his sibling, and never quite understood when others thought of them as a pain in the ass. “She is kinda near. I wandered off to scout a bit. Her name is Thistle. Kinda tiny… an ankle-biter.” He nods sagely.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She listened quietly while he talked about his sister, his love for her apparent in his expression as he described her. It made her miss her own sisters more than she already did, the pain swelling in her chest and making it difficult for her to keep her normal stoic appearance. But she was well versed in the art of hiding her emotions from others, and so she successfully kept a straight face against the searing pain of the loss of her family. She suddenly wished she hadn't brought up the subject of his sister, growing irritated that she put herself in a position that caused her painful memories to resurface. You're lucky to have family close, she managed to get out with a steady voice. It was the nicest thing she had probably ever said to a stranger. Apparently grief made her soft where families were involved. It was a little annoying to feel empathy for someone she barely knew, but she wasn't sure she could do anything to stop it.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Despite Evergreen being observant, she is difficult for him to read. His mention of his sister obviously caught her attention, but he is not certain why. The bearish wolf nonetheless shares vague information about Thistle, grinning all the while because it is impossible not to when it came to the spitfire that is his older sister. Her words, however, catch the boy by surprise. Jaw moves agape before it clicks audibly back into place, and a second later, Evergreen regains his composure.

Yeah, he says, airily, I don't know what I'd do without her. She made this journey a lot easier. Had he gone alone, Evergreen isn't sure he would have made it, or at least he knows he would've struggled so much more during the harsh parts of their adventure. I'll talk to her about Diaspora, and if we're interested in joining, we'll call for you here...? He realizes then he never properly introduced himself. Oh! Uhm, sorry I never caught your name? I'm Evergreen.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
A familiar wave of sadness passed through her body at his words. If he love his sister as much as she had loved her own sisters, then she knew exactly what he would do without her--live life with part of himself missing, like it had died and withered away leaving only a cold dark hole in its place. He would never feel whole again. That was how she had felt every day since the glacier had fallen to rubble around her, and she wouldn't wish it on anyone but her enemies. 

She dipped her head in response to his greeting and promise to talk to his sister about Diaspora. I am Takiyok, she offered. And here is fine, or you can come to the borders of the lake on the southeast edge of the mountains and call for me there. We might have moved if ever you decide to come back, but someone will hear you regardless, Taki explained. You may ask for me if you wish, she offered after a second's pause. Her name would grant him at least an interested ear.
Inuttuk
Common

i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Wrap up here? :D I'd love another set for present time (post losing Thistle) if you're interested ❤

Takiyok, Evergreen says under his breath, attempting to commit her name to memory. It is unique, not one he's ever heard before, nor one that is familiar in pronunciation. Quite nice, and he wanders for a moment what it might mean. It's nice to meet you! The bearish wolf beams happily. Diaspora will definitely be a pack for the siblings to consider. Speak of the devil, as if on cue, a familiar voice beckons for him. Evergreen's grin turns sheepish as his round ears swerve in the call's direction.

Uh... that was... Thistle. I best get going. Thank you though, he pauses, I'll make sure we consider Diaspora, and hopefully we'll see each other again soon! With that, he turns and starts off towards his sister. He calls back, just to make sure she knows he is on his way.
948 Posts
Ooc — Hela
She nodded in response to his first words, ears twitching and head turning towards the sound in the distance. The man explained that it was his sister and that he needed to go. Taki nodded once more. Yes, do consider Diaspora for you and your sister; you won't be disappointed, she offered. She turned and walked back towards the mountains as he took his leave, thoughts of her missing family heavy on her mind as she made her way back to Diaspora. She hoped she planted the seed in Evergreen's mind and that she would see him at the borders soon.
Inuttuk
Common