Stone Circle Bitter
I'M JUST A BELIEVER THAT THINGS WILL GET BETTER
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
All Welcome 
Days following Thistle's death, and Evergreen no longer in critical condition.
AW! Maybe @Ira, if you're interested? ❤

Evergreen is unaware of how much time has past. The days he spent floating in and out of consciousness were tormented by nightmare after nightmare. He often found himself waking with a jolt, and wanting to deny the events as reality. Part of him refuses to accept it; his mind firm in saying that this was all just a bad dream, and he'd wake up to see Thistle staring at him in bewilderment. He wakes up in a den alone, however, and swallows the sorrow he feels immediately. His right eye a permanent reminder; a punishment because he wasn't there soon enough. The bearish wolf slowly gets to his feet, still feeling weak, and stumbles outside his den. He doesn't wander far, just enough to find a patch where he can lay in the morning sun. He crosses his forearms and rests his chin over them.
Working on wrapping up current threads!
lift me higher, let me look at the sun
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
I'll always love threads with the bear <3 even if its mega sad times right now :(
It had been days since Ira stumbled upon the bloody mess outside of Easthollow. Days since she really saw Evergreen. Ira had left the man under the care of Sindri hoping for the best after he was stabilized knowing now she truly could do nothing but wait. That's why she was surprised to find the bear of a man just outside the den he had been healing in, his fur glowing in the new light of day.

A plump rabbit would drop to the left of the man. Ira was aware of the damage to Evergreen's eye, to what extent she still was not sure, but she wanted to avoid frightening him. Originally the roan girl planned on dropping the meal off in his den then moving on with her morning patrol, but she was not expecting to find him up an about. Under normal circumstances, that would not stop her, but something weighed her paws down at the sight of the man before her. She could not find it in her to leave him now, so instead, she'd take a seat and nudge the rabbit closer. You should eat something if you are going to be moving around.
#DAA520 , pawprintIra's Playlist  3/20*, * = incomplete threads
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
❤ ❤

He wants nothing more than to turn back time, yet Evergreen is aware it's impossible. Lost is something he experienced on a minimal level, sad but the bear was able to grieve and move on. This is different.

Ears swerve to the sound of footfalls, the Easthollow member feels himself tense automatically. It is only when he recognizes the owner as Ira that he calms. He exhales deeply from his nose, offering her a quiet glance in mute greeting. Yet, he does not expect the mercenary to halt. Part of him wants to shy away from company, as if fearful of touching a burning stove.

The bearish wolf lifts his head, appearing uncertain. I'm... not hungry, he pauses, feeling his stomach twist uncomfortably at the thought. Uh, thank you though. ... For everything, really.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
There's really no need to thank me. Anyone else here would have done the same. She leaned down nudging the rabbit once more. Even though the bear-like man refused, she was determined to be persistent. Even if he really did not feel hungry, he needed something to keep his energy up as he recovered. You should eat even if you do not hunger. If you would like something else I can head out in search of it? Truth be told she'd actually rather sit and chat then work right now. Perhaps it was because Evergreen was up and moving? Certainly, that was a good sign of his recovery.

There have been more than a few deaths during her time with Easthollow and with Evergreen's uncertain recovery, Ira was relieved to see him doing better. He was nice...and she found his company enjoyable. Although looking at him now only caused the mountain wolf to frown. She could only imagine what he was going through but did not really know if she should address the elephant in the room. She was never one to deal with emotions, after all, they only got in the way. But Ira was no fool, she knew most wolves could not wall off how they felt when they had strong family attachments and social connections, such as the ones Evergreen once had.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
'Would they?'

Evergreen wants to argue. Not everyone would have done what Ira and the others risked. The bearish male just gives her a brief smile—forced and weak. He feels miserable, if he's honest, and while part of him doesn't want to be alone right now, the other wishes everyone would give him space. An emotional tug-of-war he's struggling with picking an answer to.

No! Evergreen is startled by his own voice. Typically he is good about swallowing his words, but it seemed that by impulse the decision is made for him. The thought of Ira leaving right now has him anxious. His round ears flick back. Sorry. I didn't mean to... Evergreen states at his paws with a heavy pout; ashamed. Thistle wanted to explore, and I didn't feel like going. The bear mumbles. Ira isn't his sister. He knows she can fend for herself. Hell, she probably wouldn't even leave Easthollow to find something else—the hare is good, the bear just can't stomach anything—but it leaves him uneasy nonetheless. He realizes he doesn't want to lose her, too.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The outburst took the female by surprise, but as he tried to explain it quickly made sense to her. Evergreen was still traumatized by his experience, and she couldn't exactly blame him. You don't need to apologize. A small frown tugged at her lips as her eyes briefly wandered to the still healing wounds along the bear's body. She could only imagine the pain he was in. Ira couldn't imagine losing Willow, especially in the way Evergreen lost his sister. Sure she was far from her sister now, but that was on her own terms and she had the comfort of knowing she was with the pack and likely thriving. The roan girl pressed her nose lightly to the large man's shoulder hoping it might offer some comfort so he could relax. If he wanted her to stay, she would. Do you want to talk about it?
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Evergreen continues to stare at his oversized paws, even when Ira speaks. She might understand the reasoning behind his outburst, but he, nonetheless, feels guilty. Maybe he owes her now. No, he already did, for she helped save his life. Perhaps he should listen then, and eat his fill. His mismatched green eyes travel to the hare, only catching Ira's soft approach as he did so. The nose to his shoulder melts the tension from his body, but he is surprised that the roan wolf offered such comfort. His eyes widen, and his cheeks grew warm.

I... The bear starts, his voice fading seconds later. He feels like a fool. His gaze averts from Ira—not even realizing he had been openly staring—and back to the hare. If I went with her... If I showed up a minute sooner, maybe this wouldn't have happened. I can't... get it out of my head. His voice goes quieter until it's just a whisper in the end. "It's not your fault," Dawn's voice echoes.

I don't know what to do, Ira. Evergreen squeezes his eyes shut and buries his muzzle between his paws. Ears flatten. The whole idea for this was for the siblings to journey somewhere together, to stay with each other through thick and thin... and now, Evergreen is alone.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan wolf pulled away as Evergreen pressed himself to the earth, ears flattened. We all have spirits who haunt us Evergreen... She could not say that she understood how he felt, she couldn't possibly relate and she was not one to lie for sympathy. The state Thistle was left in was more than enough to haunt any sibling, but now the bear-wolf was plagued with the thoughts that it was his fault. How was he to know? Not to mention whatever creature he fought had nearly taken his own life too.

Things happen that we can not predict. If you had arrived sooner, perhaps you would be dead now too... Ira paused not sure how to ask her next question, but after some thought, there really was no good way to bring it up to the man. I need to know what it was Evergreen.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Sorry for the delay!

He wallows, grief consuming the bear whole without a shred of mercy. It takes what is left of his strength to keep tears from overflowing. Evergreen shifts his mismatched green eyes up to Ira, his expression shifting. He is troubled, and knows... it is wise to tell her the truth of what happened.

It... was a wolf, he says, deflating even more so. It was not an accident, or another beast that ended Thistle's life... A man. He didn't speak, and I... rushed in, hoping that... it wasn't too late. Evergreen feels his heart race, and his breath quickens. His coat was dark... and his eyessoullesswere purple. He didn't smell of a pack from around here, but definitely wasn't a loner.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
The roan woman could do nothing to stop the frown pulling at her lips as the bear before she broke down. Her usually calm and stony features forcefully melted by the broken gaze that trailed to meet her own. Hearing that the attacker was a wolf came as a surprise, whoever it was clearly had no mercy. Why would they crave that kind of destruction? She highly doubted Thistle did anything to provoke the other or deserve her wounds. Even if Thistle had resided in Easthollow for a short time, she was a part of their family and she could not easily forgive nor forget what had been done.

Ira's gaze narrowed as she took in every detail of the description. What evidence suggests he was not alone? How large was he? If there was any time for her skills to prove useful, it was now. She might be a little rusty in combat due to the lack of hostiles near Easthollow, but her muscle memory was still there. She was a fairly large wolf with the stamina to last a war, the only real concern would be if this stranger heavily outweighed her or towered above like her father. Perhaps with some work, she could fix that... a new fire seemed to gleam in her golden orbs, a dark shadow cast in her stare as she pressed her nose briefly to reassure Evergreen once more. Next time, he will not be so fortunate.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
Stone crumbles before him, wearing a frown that seems so out of place on Ira’s typical composure. Although it is not distracting enough for Evergreen to waste more than a moment of surprise. His grief still holds the majority of his emotions, and it sits at the forefront. Explaining exactly what happened leaves the bear broken further, as it brings up memories that are unable to forget. Details that will haunt him for the rest of his life.

“He… his scent,” Evergreen says, trying to calm his breathing and yet failing, all he wishes to do is unleash the tears threatening to pour from his eyes. “He smelled of other wolves, and was around the size of Greyback.” Larger than Evergreen, stocky. Enough to definitely put up a fight, even if he weren’t a great warrior. The bear barely defends his own life, and pays the price with a permanently damaged eye.

Ira presses her nose to him, and the comfort is appreciated. His fur, however, stands on end as she promises the male won’t get off so easily “next time”. “Ira… no, I don’t… want a “next time”. Thistle…” He chokes on a sob. “Thistle died. I can’t… lose others,”you“too. Please.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Around the size of Greyback. The exact words she was hoping not to hear and seeing how few rivaled her father's size there were likely even less who even equaled the strength of this beast. However, that does not mean he is untouchable. There are ways to deal with opponents that outsize you.

Ira seemed to be pulled from her thoughts as the bear sobbed again, practically begging that there should never be "another time". She understands his fear, but sadly the mountain wolf was never one to back down from a fight. If she doesn't try how many more lives will be lost in the wake of someone so ruthless? She can't promise to avoid this stranger, but she can agree to not seek him out. If that is what you wish...I will not pursue him. But know that if he stumbles upon these borders, it is my duty to protect this pack. I would never forgive myself if I did not at least try.
i don't wanna let it go
566 Posts
Ooc — mista
His pleas are answered, and the bear knows that he cannot stop Ira from doing what is right. Rather, Evergreen would be right beside her in a brawl to protect Easthollow if the phantom ever came close to their borders. With a deep breath, he nods his head, closes his eyes and rests his chin back on his paws.

With you, and the pack, he won't have a chance, the bear agrees. Alas, a spark lights within him. Perhaps it should be his responsibility to track this murderer down and make sure that he never has the chance to harm a hair on another innocent person. He does not want to involve another person, especially not someone he cares for.
893 Posts
Ooc —
Warrior
Master Guardian
Master Ambassador
Not sure if you want to end it here so we can move on to other threads?
His words were meant to be an agreement, although something about how Evergreen said it was unsettling. Was it just fear to see his attacker again or was there something more? The man's words made him sound like an outsider. One against a whole never does. Ira willed herself to her paws and encouraged the bear to do the same, Come now, life will continue forwards. We must not be left behind. True to her word, moping about was no way to handle things. Life was not going to simply stop for them to rest and remembrance.