Herbalists' Cache fifteen cans of spray paint in a chemical swirl
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
All Welcome 

If there was a place that Olive spent her second largest allotment of time, it was at the Herbalist’s Cache. It was spring, at long last, and the landscape was dotted with new growth that that threatened to bloom and ripen and swell into ingredients that she could truly make use of. The woman, round and full with child, had made the trip out here to simply take stock, and see what might grow plentiful over the next year. It much too young for her to pick and store now; not only was it too tender to store well, but it would stymie the new growth for seasons to come. 

The druid moved about her little eden, avoiding particularly sodden areas and making note in her head where these particular species liked to take roots. It was absolutely fascinating to watch plant life bounce back after the desolation of winter — it reminded her that she too could come back from anything, and that life was full of phases. Nothing more. Eventually the gravid woman tired and she decided to rest for a spell; not to sleep — no, after her meeting with Stigmata, the woman greatly tried to avoid napping in public — but to lie upon her back and feel the gentle sun on her back, then kiss and preen her belly as if her babies within could feel her cosseting.
and all my days are trances, and all my nightly dreams
are where thy grey eye glances, and where thy footstep gleams
in what ethereal dances, by what eternal streams

Tha gràin agam air an t-saoghal
Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Derg wandered into the Cache, casting his gaze around for something for Keen. Perhaps something to soothe her or to ease whatever pain she still felt. Her hunting lessons could still continue, then. 
He trotted through the trees, head swinging low, searching for something. Certainly not poppy seeds, the effects of them were too strong for her. Perhaps Celandine, though he'd settle for just some Dandelion Leaves for the nervous girl. It'd do her good if they were going to stay with another pack.

He came through a thicker brush into the sunlight, only to find a rather pregnant female basking and grooming in the sun. He almost envied her for being able to have such freedom, though he did too now. He just didn't realise it fully yet.
 He chuffed softly, his tail waving softly in greeting. He moved further into the space, although not intrusively, reposing in the rays that warmed his fur. Ah, spring. He'd made it through another winter; he hoped Grezig had too.
172 words
|  •  •  |
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive was eventually joined by another soul, which was not surprise given the wealth and variety of the flora located in this small dell. She didn’t immediately recognize him from the fertility festival — it might be safe to say that neither did he, given the way that he did not provide a verbal introduction. He simply stepped onto the scene, chuffed in greeting, and appeared to enjoy the sun just as she was doing.

At first, the priestess felt somewhat silly for being found in such repose. She was vulnerable lying on her side as she was, exposed, and not entirely dignified. However, he gave no reason for her to act upon the impulses or give them any credence. Perhaps he was simply the silent type, who appreciated a good herbal garden and a nap in the sun. In this, there were many similarities that could be found between he and she.

— or, maybe she had disturbed his search for medicines. Not wanting to be a bother, Olive roused her curiosity and pressed her arms into the ground to lift her head, neck and shoulder to attention.
“Am I in your way, sir?” she inquired thoughtfully.

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Derg regarded the woman, relaxing onto his haunches. She looked familiar, though he couldn't place her features with a situation. Either way, she was soft spoken and -- her voice. He knew that voice. His brows furrowed in concentration, thinking hard. It'd been a while since the fertility festival and, with the events that followed the high spirited night, it was no wonder he couldn't remember her properly. 

"No, ma'am. I was only looking for a mild painkiller for my ward. It is good to see someone enjoying the spring." He offered her a smile, charming and relaxed. It was odd for him to be so when he was so close to the place of Keen's attack. His curiosity finally got the better of him -- he needed to know where he'd seen this wolf before. "I feel like I know you. Perhaps we have crossed paths before?" His head tilted, showing the extent of his curiosity.
161 words
|  •  •  |
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
He was looking for plants for his ward — a noble effort that this ecologist could wholly appreciate. The man had certainly come to the right place, which led her to wonder if he already knew a thing or two about herbal remedies. Perhaps they could share their knowledge, and both of them might be better for it. 

Though she had only the faintest of recognition for this particular man, which Olive had immediately written off as a part of her energetic connection with all the world’s living things, she played into his outwardly expression of recognition. It was entirely possible that they knew each other on some level, Elysium did host a lot of parties.

“I had the same feeling!” she exclaimed, rising to her feet. “I am Olive of the sanctuary Elysium, and you are?”

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He let a grin shine through at the woman's joy. Such unbridled happiness he wished he could harness. Perhaps if he'd tried sooner it would've been possible. But it was these rare moments where others heightened it for him, he felt like he was unshackled from promises and duty. He could be free.

"Derg of the forming Nauthiz Vale. Sister the Grezig, friend to Wintersbane." Perhaps she'd recognize these names and together they'd be able to place one another. If not, he supposed it may only do well for him. His sister and the Tundrian seemed to be likable people; well, not when they're angry of course.
107 words
|  •  •  |
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
Olive listened for a moment, then thought hard when his signifiers weren’t immediately recognizable. She filed through the records of her mind but did not recognize the names of Grezig or Wintersbane, despite their assured presence at one of their many festivals [she figured, at least]. Olive bit her lips sheepishly as she admitted “I don’t know them, I’m sorry.” but it was okay, because she never really got out much anyways. Though she loved interacting with others, she wasn’t the most social creature; more often than not chasing the warm beside of her wives over the company of anybody else.

The woman canted her head.
“Can I help you find your medicines?” This, at least, they might be able to connect over.

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He nodded, still in good spirits. It didn't matter that she didn't know his companions; they could make their own relations. "Ah, it's ok. Perhaps one day you will meet them." His eyes shone with a hidden kindness that usually wasn't there. It seemed gentler souls of this land brought it out in him.

His ears pricked at the offer of help. He needed it, not being a trained healer or anything. He supposed Olive was, otherwise she wouldn't have offered help. "If you wouldn't mind. I can't claim the title of caregiver; not yet at least." He grinned, humorous. Today would be a good day.
|  •  •  |
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
He did not turn down her offer, as she suspected. Olive was certainly pleased and grateful for any chance to practice medicine, now that most of her mothers had birthed and their families were healthy. He might not be a caregiver, but she was, and it ran through her blood hot and fast. She loved her gardening, but plants without a purpose were just beautiful. Nursing gave them this applied purpose. “Is it something you desire?” the druid asked of him as she began to survey their surroundings once more. Some people did not care for the task, which is why they outsourced.

Since the woman had just been doing this exact duty just moments before, she had a pretty good grasp on what was around them. Still, she heel-toed her front paws so that she looked to the right, then the left, then back at Derg. 
“Your friend is in luck,” she announced. “It is a wonderful time of years to harvest herbs.” It was true, though nothing was in full bloom, but it did not sound like this was a dire situation that was needing a lot of medicine to handle.

“What are their symptoms?”

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

He followed the herbalists gaze around, eager to help her with the task. He hoped that she was right and there would be something available to help Keen.
"She has deep lacerations. I'm worried about infection and perhaps something to ease her pain."
His eyes shadowed slightly with the memory of the woods. The panic. Keen's cries.

He stepped forward, smiling softly, "Medical knowledge is invaluable to me. I'll be glad to help you." He licked his lips quickly. The memory that came to him so suddenly had agitated him. 
|  •  •  |
775 Posts
Ooc — Rosie
Astronomer
Master Ecologist
Master Midwife
trying to wrap up a few threads :) good place to end with your post?

The druid listened to Derg’s concerns, nice along as he listed what his companion’s symptoms were, but the answer was pretty clear. “Yarrow is what we need,” she said decisively — it was abundant in the spring and would suit both the purposes he needed; antiseptic, and pain relieving. The earth always had something to help those in need, no matter what time of year it was, but in spring it did not take much creativity to find an aid.

Olive looked at Derg, relieved that his friend would not have to suffer.
“I have some growing in the willows,” — but Elysium was not close, and she dare to say that the brute probably didn’t want to travel so far from his injured comrade. “But we can likely find it here.” the pale woman amended, lifting an empathetic brow. Perhaps she would offer to inspect this wolf, and if they required expert care, might suggest they move the injured party to the sanctuary anyways. That's what they were for, anyways; for the sick and injured to recover in peace.

“Will you help me look? It has small white flowers, leaves that look like fringe and when crushed, it has a spicy scent.”

Health (100/100)
725 Posts
Ooc — Sofie
Therapist
Warrior

Derg tilted his head. He'd not thought of Yarrow, but then again he was not a healer and only knew of what he'd overheard in the war clan. 
He nodded, wondering if they'd have to go to the willows, however she seemed pretty sure they wouldn't have to. As long as he could help Keen, he didn't care. 

"Of course," came his husky, soft reply. He wondered if he'd be more hindrance than help -- trying couldn't hurt though.
He started to look around with the woman until they found some. The herbalist told him on how to use it and thanked her greatly, promising her a favour if she ever needed to call on one. He'd be happy to help her, even if she denied his promise now. 
|  •  •  |