Sun Mote Copse You should see me in a crown
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
All Welcome 
The pups were nearly two weeks old and Wildfire was careworn but happy. Watching @Weejay and @Elfie grow and witnessing @Eljay's first foray into fatherhood made her battered, scarred heart full. She left the den about once a day to stretch her legs but was perfectly content to simply curl into a ball inside the old fallen tree and stare at her newest batch of babies all day.

She was doing just that this morning. Although it was spring now, there had been a frost overnight and a chill was creeping into the den despite the April sunshine. Wildfire took advantage of a moment's peace and quiet—both infants were fast asleep near her hind legs—and brushed her black tail over them to keep them warm. She then redirected her gaze out of doors, smiling faintly at the glimpse of copse she could see from here.

Tags for reference (but y'all are absolutely welcome). Also hoping to snag a @Sequoia!
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Sequoia wandered over to Wifi's den with no real intent. These days, it didn't feel like she even needed one. Her paws were itching to do some scouting, though, and all this time remaining in the copse was really getting to her. She knew that soon, she'd want to go exploring again, off seeing and learning from the big wide world. Of course, she wouldn't just run off without saying where she was going (AHEM, BAT). But that wasn't why she was here today. Seq wasn't quite ready to depart since the babies were still so new.

Wifi, you're up! she whisper-cheered when she arrived. It seemed like the matriarch had been sleeping most of the times she'd come by. How are the kiddos doing? she asked, not seeing them but assuming they were tucked in somewhere behind Wildfire.
No longer speaks Trigedasleng regularly.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Someone wandered into her field of vision, a welcome visitor. "Hey Seq!" Wildfire called out sotto voce, unsure whether the pups could hear at all yet and not wishing to disturb them. "It's good to see you," she said emphatically as the yearling drew nearer, offering her own cheery greeting and a query about the pups.

The Sovereign swept her tail to the side to reveal the slumbering babes. "They're perfect," Wildfire murmured, letting her elder niece-turned-daughter get a good eyeful before she carefully covered them with her warmth again. "How about you? How are things?"
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Wildfire moved her tail away, and Seq grinned at the two sleeping lumps of fur next to her. They really were cute, in their own way. Sequoia wondered if Portia was going to have children this year. Would she ever be able to meet them if she did have younger siblings? Something told her natrona would not be welcomed back under any circumstances, but maybe... maybe she'd be able to somehow. She certainly would like to meet them if possible, but... she also didn't want to put herself in any kind of danger.

Oh, I'm good, Sequoia said, keeping her voice low so as not to disturb the children. She had no idea they were unable to hear at this point. Just been keeping an eye on the borders and stuff. I was thinking I might wander over to the Redhawks sometime soon just to do a mini traveling thing. Is there any info you want me to pass along to them while I'm there? she asked.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
As soon as Sequoia mentioned a trip over to the plateau, Wildfire knew she wanted to pass a message. When the yearling offered to do just that, the Sovereign smiled and nodded. "Yes, well, kind of. Could you actually pass along a message for me? Tell Rave to come meet her niece and nephew!" She knew her sister must be busy with everything, yet she badly wanted to share her new additions with her closest sister. "And I s'pose you could ask if Bat's back yet," she added with a thoughtful look. "If she is, she should come visit the babies too."

One of the pups peeped and Wildfire bent to inspect them. Weejay was squirming. It was hard to tell if they were awake or asleep at this stage, though she assumed the baby girl might be dreaming. In any case, she soothed her with a few licks along her head and down her back. The puppy went still and Wildfire smiled before turning her attention back to Sequoia.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Wildfire mentioned she wanted Raven to come over and meet the kiddos. That was an easy-enough task, and Sequoia would be sure to pass the message along, provided Remedy ever got her act together to move threads along at a reasonable rate. ;P

There was a mention of Bat, too, and Sequoia thought that would be a good idea. Wouldn't she want to meet her new siblings? Or was she so mad at Kiwi that she'd never like any other sibling ever? That was a... thought. Sequoia's mind again flitted to thoughts of her own mother probably having kids this year.

The pups wriggled a bit, occasionally speaking up, and Sequoia peered at them with more mild curiosity. She figured they probably weren't a whole lot of fun right now, but they might be once they got a little older. Or they'd never be fun... she supposed that was a possibility, too.

I can pass that along, she said with a smile. Hopefully Bat wouldn't outright reject the idea of coming over here to see her new brother and sister.
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Sequoia agreed to pass along Wildfire's tidings and the conversation reached a natural and companionable lull. Now that Weejay had settled down again, the Sovereign recognized an opportunity when she saw one. Gingerly, she unfurled from around the youngsters, slithering her tail away from them and then pausing to see if the cool air disturbed them. It didn't.

"Could you watch them so I can step away for a moment?" Wildfire asked the yearling. "Nature calls," she added with a prim smile.
408 Posts
Ooc — aerinne
Wildfire asked her to watch the little ones, and Sequoia did a bit of a double-take. She had never really done much with them, and she supposed she wouldn't have to do much with them when Wildfire was gone for a short amount of time, but it did feel like a gigantic responsibility all at once. Um, sure! she replied, swallowing hard. Surely nothing bad would happen to them in the few minutes she was charged with watching them.

They were sleeping, and what could possibly go wrong?
gubraithian fire
3,000 Posts
Ooc — Kat
Master Trapper
Master Ambassador
Master Ranger
Figured I'd wrap? :)

"Thanks," Wildfire said, taking note of Sequoia's reaction but not letting it sway her decision. Besides, she couldn't just hold it. She would be back within moments.

Part of her expected to come back to some sort of bedlam but when the Sovereign returned, everything was exactly as she'd left it. "Thanks, Seq," she said again as she settle down beside her slumbering babies with a yawn.

She would say it a third time when the yearling said she was off to deliver those messages. Wildfire's smile followed Sequoia as she disappeared back into the copse's budding greenery, then she let her chin drift down to settle atop her outstretched legs.