Moonspear A love supreme seems far removed
Let's find a light inside our universe now
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Joining 
It would be super cool if I could make this a naturalist thread as well as a joining one

After days of blindly following a star, Eilonwy wondered if there was an actual way of reaching them. Sometimes they seemed so far away but at the same time, whenever she saw a mountain in the distance blurring into the sky she thought perhaps it was possible.

There was only one way to know for certain.

Tall in the distance another one of those mountains appeared and, being curious like she was Eilonwy decided there was nothing to hold her back from trying. She trekked up its slopes and climbed some steeper hills and the cold grew stronger, but Eilonwy kept going. That was until she found the one thing that would stand in her way. A pack had claimed the peak she so eagerly wanted to reach, and she was smarter than to try trespassing. But she thought that maybe they had claimed Moonspear for a reason, maybe they knew it held the secret to reaching the stars, and so she wondered whether they would share it with a curious girl.

There was only one way to know for certain.

Quite anxiously Eilonwy let loose a howl before she had any second thoughts, and there she waited, hoping that her intentions were understandable for the mysterious wolves of moonspear and that they could see her as she was: nothing but a young soul hungry for knowledge.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
i have loved the stars too fondly
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
ooc; wants to get bee more involved =D

she heard the call, having been near the border at the time. Willoughby would turn, trying to make sense of how packs worked and wondering if she should even go to the source. she wanted not to be an idiot. she wanted to try more. to be useful. to Moonspear. to herself. she'd wander closer, catching the darker coat of a girl behind her tree-lined vision.

ever since her previous encounters, she had become a bit wary and cautious of interacting. scared they'd call her names. frightened they'd reject her good nature. but someone had to greet this potential joiner. and she was the only one around right now. "hello" she'd respond, coming out of the woods to introduce herself. "did you come to join Moonspear?" Bee asked with a tilt of her head. she wondered if she should call for Charon or Amekaze.
2/5 4/5
major focus on astronomy and travel
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Soon after her call a sweet female voice caught her stargazing. Eilonwy got up in clear discomfort, arranging herself to show no signs of aggression, and addressed the Moonspear guardian with a kind smile. Oh.. I was... definitely not expecting to be asked such a serious question. I just wanted to see if I could reach those stars, she said pointing skywards with her delicate muzzle as though her words had been very reasonable.

But they weren't and she wasn't delusional.

I wanted to know if there was any chance you'd let me try climbin' that mountain, she explained now leveling her gaze to gesture behind the blue-eyed girl. However slim her chances were Eilonwy figured she had even less if she wasn't honest.

· ~ The biggest mistake I made was believing that if I cast a beautiful net, I’d catch only beautiful things ~ ·
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she knew where the other was coming from, truly. she had seen the stars and fell in love with Moonspear. she had followed them to this new place. this home she was trying to make. "I'm sorry" Bee would go on to say with a kind smile "that isn't up to me" at least she would be truthful. @Charon and @Amekaze were the leaders here, and while she'd like to let the other girl parade right up to the mountain she knew it was too close to their camp. she sent up a call for either leader, for she didn't know if they had a beta in Moonspear right now. "I've called for our alphas" the girl added with a bubbly grin "maybe they'll let you! I'm Willoughby; I'm new here too."
2/5 4/5
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
A negative.

Eilonwy's chances seemed to grow thinner every second, and when Willoughby let out a howl without previous notice the young girl's nerves jumped in distress. Why was the Moonspear girl calling for support if she had been honest and respectful. She feared the worst, that a whole gang of wolves would corner her now and punish her for even suggesting the idea of coming in. And things seemed even worse when the guardian told her who exactly she'd called. The Alphas. She would surely perish here tonight, and she swallowed hard at the thought of her blood running down the ice-sprinkled slopes of Moonspear.

But in an unexpected turn of events it was revealed to her what Willoughby was actually planning. Oh! she exclaimed dumbfounded, laughing anxiously. I thought... Nevermind. she said and laughed some more. I'm Eilonwy, she added in return to her kind gesture, Thanks for that. So she was new?

Do you like it here, then? she was curious. It was probably wonderful being able to climb up there and touch the stars any time she wanted. She would very much love to live in a place like that.

82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
the other girl seemed a bit shocked she had called for the alphas. if Bee had it her way, she'd ask her questions and let the other in Moonspear. but it wasn't up to her. she didn't have that sort of power or sway. maybe she never wanted it. "Charon and Amekaze should be here soon" she'd add in brightly, pushing aside how long they'd have to potentially wait. Moonspear was super busy. patrols. hunting. she was often lost in their work ethic.

"Eilowny" she'd repeat, testing the name on her tongue. her head tilted before rolling back to position. "I like it!" the girl would ask if she liked it here, and Bee gave a nod without thinking too much. Revui aside, the others were nice. Charon even offered to show her around. "I have a nice den with a nice view of the stars. the people are good to you if you try hard." she decided to leave her little spat out of this and focus on recruiting.

"if they let you in, we should hang out!" Willoughby went on happily.
2/5 4/5
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
The girl's anxiety hadn't died down when Willoughby mentioned the Alphas would soon be joining them. She guessed she would have to make an actual effort to impress them and get an invitation to their mountain, and she didn't really know what she would say. It didn't help that Willoughby was there distracting her being cute, getting smiles out of her and stuff, but the Fearghal sprite gave in to the distraction and giggled when the other said she liked her name. No one had ever said that to her before, and she didn't know if she should say thanks or just feel proud. I like yours too! she said instead, far from lying. Willoughby had a soft sound to it, much like the bearer's eyes and voice. It was most fitting.

Moonspear sounded wonderful from Willoughby's words, and Eilonwy let out a silent sigh wondering how it was waking up this close to the stars every morning. It must be so wonderful, she said as a smile grew on her lips at the suggestion of hanging out. I would like that a lot, she said, Do you know much about the stars? she was eager to know. No one had ever taught her much about them, and everything she knew she had learned by observing them herself.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
At the first howl, she'd roused her attentions from her tracking and had admittedly been a bit of a distance away. Since her trails weren't exactly the most eventful, gradually she started aiming her path that way on towards the call and guessed that another would reach there before her, even as she navigated the mountainside's less straightforward stretches. But, when a second note caught the breeze and her ears swung to catch it, one more specifically for the alphas, she resigned to picking up her pace even more earnestly.

When she arrived, she could zero in on the two younger wolves and begin to gauge the situation from here--Willoughby, notably, one of their newer additions, and this dark-furred (but curiously masked) stranger. Amekaze had seen her share of strange markings, so went unperturbed, but appreciated the unique turn of the pale down her cheek. Anyway, she stepped on and paused near the duo with a low chuff of Greetings. before she settled in to give her attention more to the unknown's situation finally, and where it was exactly in their conversation she had arrived at. As always, she carried herself with a quietly composed, proud strength, and like she was made of the very mountain, of course. She wasn't stingy with the cool stare, either, but she was sure some explanation would soon come as her lifted tail swung a slow, thoughtful rhythm.

To her first glimpses, none of this looked particularly urgent, so for the time being, she kept her spirits light and curious to suit the pace here, with her mood good enough to go for now. You called? she smirked soft, but gave Willoughby a tiny nod then, eager to ease in and get to business.
[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
the bonecracker
2,670 Posts
Ooc — kit
Master Guardian
Master Tactician
Master Warrior
Quick cameo! Feel free to skip, once Hydra sees there's no danger she'll prolly continue on her way!

Although only the alphas were called, Hydra was as protective of the mountain as her parents were; she came upon the scene only a little after her own mother did, and though her posture did not match that of Amekaze she still carried herself in a proud manner. Hydra did not think to interrupt, as no others were summoned—her arrival here was solely to ensure that her teeth were not required. 

Willoughby was with a woman who did not look dangerous, but instruction and experience both told her that this meant little. One could be littered in scars and still know nothing of how to fight. So, Hydra stepped alongside her mother, lowering her head only a measure to signify she understood her place and respected her well enough to know she could handle herself. Were it not Willoughby who called, perhaps Hydra might not have arrived at all—but she knew the woman lacked battle prowess, and so perhaps her mother might come to desire her assistance should push come to shove. Amekaze was not the sort who needed it, but one of Hydra's pleasures in life was to move in tandem with her mother when the opportunity presented itself. Perhaps it would.
I'll find that you'll find that I'm lethal
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
she liked her name? aw, that was nice of her! but before she could answer with a giggle, there was the talk of stars. "I know a bit" Bee would shuffle her legs a bit against the earth "I know Polaris and um, the big dipper. not a lot, but I want to learn more!" she wanted to, to help Moonspear and herself. she wasn't sure if it would even help her pack, but the more learned wolves the better, right? but before the two girls could continue their conversation, another would appear.

she'd never seen this wolf before, but by the confident way of her steps, Willoughby thought this was Amekaze. she didn't know what to expect when she met the other alpha but luckily for her, she seemed easy going enough. she'd flash the alpha a bright smile, giving a nod of her head. "this is Eilonwy" she'd introduce her as Hydra next showed up. taking a seat next to her mother too. "she wants to join Moonspear." she called cause she had no means to accept her into their ranks. taking a step away from the other girl, she'd allow Amekaze to judge her for herself.
2/5 4/5
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
All those names meant nothing to Eilonwy, who, in fact, was just now learning that stars had names at all. Her jaw started dropping slowly making her lips form a little loop as her eyebrows rise in awe. She could surely learn a thing or two from Willoughby, this was starting to become an adventure.

Oh, but the adventure hadn't even started yet. Like Willoughby promised the two of them were joined by the Alpha, a much older woman who had clearly been through battles by the amount of scars she bore, graceful and wise looking like no one Eilonwy had ever seen. I'm Eil-, she tried to say, but Willoughby beat her to it. She swallowed hard when Another, much fiercer looking female joined them, only to sit in silence next to the queen of Moonspear. A bodyguard, guessed Eilonwy, and she adjusted her posture to show no signs of defiance.

However, her heart only truly skipped a beat when her new friend told the Alpha that Eilonwy intended to join their pack, and she blamed herself for being so poorly skilled at talking. It wasn't really that she didn't want to join, but it hadn't been in the girls plans this morning.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
Having Hydra arrive with her was good, and as natural as ever as her shadow settled in beside her to hear more when Willoughby explained. Nodding, grateful for that briefing, she looked fully upon Eilonwy with interest. Ah, is that so? I am Ame, she gave back, especially when her standing here ought to be perfectly clear so she didn't waste the time. Why Moonspear? she asked the sprite of a girl with a curious tilt to her ears. She liked to make them answer, standard proceedings and all, but it was always really the actual introduction of the mountain to follow that truly interested the dark alpha so long as she didn't find anything else glaring on initial inspection.

For some it had been a beacon, reasonably so, yet it was also where many had failed to stand strong and run among them too. Experience kept her outlook grim at all times, but optimism came in with the springtime, so she just wanted to get to know the young stranger a bit more first.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
Bee would shoot an encouraging look at Eilonwy. perhaps she had missed the part where the girl would explain she wasn't wanting to join, but she assumed she had wanted to for her talk of Moonspear. the Moonspearian girl wasn't a very smart wolf, but she had a good heart. she thought the other wanted to join and had quickly introduced it as such. if she knew the other had misgivings, someone would have to tell Eilonwy that you can't just ask to visit another pack's land.

Willoughby would have expected her to be turned away, told 'no'... maybe even driven off. the mountains were near the camp and the camp was super secret. er, not really. but Charon and Amekaze were largely ruling over family and they'd be super protective of their family. strangers couldn't waltz in whenever they wanted, right? it'd be a bad thing. she'd look back to the alpha, keeping her mouth shut until Eilonwy spoke. well. she'd just shut up until someone asked her to talk.
2/5 4/5
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Eilonwy looked at Willoughby with fear for a second, but was met with encouragement and a smile, soothing her enough to be able to form intelligible words. She looked at Ame with shy eyes, flat ears and a little smile, trying to ignore how uneasy the other dark wolf made her feel. I uh... I wanted to see if I could reach the stars from up there, explained Eilonwy shyly, pointing at the Moonspear peak with her muzzle, eyes glinting with the twinkle of the celestials above. She hoped that it wasn't rude to make it clear she didn't really had the intention of joining Moonspear initially, but she had come to realize that Willough's proposal really sounded like a nice idea.

After speaking Eilonwy just stood there, waiting for a response from the Alpha, and hoping that she hadn't been offended. In the end Eilonwy was just a curious girl who wanted to know more about the stars.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
The girl's answer comes a bit unexpected in its sheer simplicity. Any mention of the stars can find like minds here, she knows well, and their views do come unparalleled on a good clear night--but to come seeking them? Ame keeps her quiet wonder to herself for the time being Ah, you can get close, but believe me, it is better come summer. Many of the highest paths are still frozen, she said. But our view here is unmatched. Amekaze took time to mention, and she had stargazed from many a peak in her time, bias aside.

She couldn't tell how truly committed she was by what she had heard so far, but it could do them some good if Eilonwy could keep up. With some of her own daughters wandered off, she understood the importance of new blood for the pack's wellbeing. Ame would detail her requirements outright, though, and see how the young stranger took to that. If so, she might have a chance. If you do wish to join us and explore our lands properly, help provide, protect, and give your loyalty to my mountain, and my family, and you may find a home here.. the Moonspear alpha nodded, then would wait and see.
82 Posts
Ooc — lackadaisy
it seemed Bee was quick. Eilonwy didn't seem that excited about joining but more on visiting. the girl shot her potential friend an "I'm sorry" look, ears pressing against her head and her eyes sad. had she unintentionally recruited the other wolf without permission? but the Moonspearian also held her tongue as Amekaze went on, rapid attention toward what was being done. maybe one day she'd have to explain the same if she ever did recruit properly.
2/5 4/5
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Eilonwy really did not know how much it would take fo her to achieve her goal. Her eyes found Willoughby, who was looking at her with an almost pitiful expression, and it made her realize how deep into it she already was. Could she even back down at this point anyway?

She glances once more towards the silver peaks, making a mental image of how close she would be to them come summer... If she was here to witness it at all. Then her eyes trailed back to Ame's green, wise own and, perhaps by contagion, she felt her spirit energize. I'll do it she said, still unsure of how much she was agreeing to all of it she added to finish convincing herself and maybe Ame. While she knew she already had a home back with mom at the creek, the Swiftcurrent pack had never promised her so much, or at least anything that Eilonwy wanted this much. Moonspear seemed to be different. And in the end, Eilonwy was here for an adventure, wasn't she?

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
As the young wolf considered it, Ame simply studied her quietly. She could be hopeful enough, and perhaps in the end, they all could benefit--a small hope that was able to gain some footing when she agreed, so with that, Amekaze nodded.. Alright. Welcome, then. she swayed her lifted tail gently. I can show you a few spots to let you see more, and familiarize yourself, she said, beginning to turn with a sweep of her muzzle towards the greater depths beyond. She would lead her deeper into their band of forests, and let her get to see firsthand what the mountain had in store. Along the way, she could field her questions, or whatever was needed to give her a basis on which to go on--a crash course in Moonspear's basics, at least.

It is my family's claim that rules here--with me, my mate Charon, and we are naturalists and warriors most of all.. but we do have others too, like Bee, who have recently joined us--so do not hesitate if you have questions, or want to learn more, she said, starting to step away and letting them all join her, or not. She wasn't sure if Bee had other doings elsewhere, but left the invitation open for the girl regardless as she did give her focus mainly to Eilonwy, who Ame wondered about where she may fit in with them--chiefly, if she would be able to. Where do you come from before here? she asked, for curiosity's sake. It wasn't going to change her chance given, but the alpha had to wonder when wolves seeming so young and freshly-faced roamed alone.
64 Posts
Ooc — Anthony
Eilonwy smiled, and she too waved her own tail when Ame agreed to shelter her. She guessed it was nice being given an opportunity to prove you're not so useless, even though she wasn't really looking for anything of the kind. Life at the Creek had perhaps been too easy and shallow, even lonely for Eilonwy growing up, and now it was time for her to find a new path. Her own path.

She followed the green-eyed matriarch, giving Willow a kind smile that she hoped would solidify their newborn friendship. She had gotten her in this, the least she could do was go through it with her. But the very first steps she would have to take herself it seemed, for as soon as the pact was made for Eilonwy to enter Moonspear, the other girl found her own way into the mountain, and left Eilonwy to her own devices at the mercy of the imposing mountain queen. The first question was easy, The valleys. Up north. she started. There is a creek they call Swiftcurrent, she explained humbly. There wasn't really much to it anyway.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
She picked a straightforward, well-worn route to guide them upon.. at least, the nearest one that suited her needs, and kept to it as she had assigned no real expectations on where this particular young wolf had drifted in from. However, hearing Swiftcurrent swung her ear back towards the newcomer unexpectedly--but not in a bad way. Ah, that is not a place I have heard much from in recent years, she said, softer, and with a little glint of a look over her shoulder to imply her suspense. She would say this much, at least: I lived there once, too. Although the claim I ran with is long gone, it was a nice place, she agreed easily about the Creek itself and the vistas it offered, there tucked behind the Sunspire range. However she wasn't one to miss the company there, but that was far removed from who and where she was today.

Anyway, she had moved them along a ways by now, but that was just the beginning. She gestured ahead, and would show her towards their rendezvous, and perhaps steer it towards a cache along the way with whatever questions she might think of to pose--all hopefully to set Eilonwy on a good start.