The Sunspire Owl in heart, Wolf in spirit
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
The owl enjoyed the late evening air as the sun began to set. Flying among the territory of the Sunspire pack, the honorary member searched for a tree-cavity, anything to get out of the wind and weather of the daytime.

The owl twirled and played with the wind currents, her specialized feathers allowing silent-but-swift flight. As she flew lazily, she kept an eye out for @Ferdie Von Pelt, her best friend, her best wolf, with Nightingale at a close second.

She continued to play with the wind, going against it, with it, crabbing it, even finding those strange pockets of air that allowed her to hover. Once or twice she did a partial loop-de-loops(she still had yet to figure out how to do it outside of stormy weather) before immediately stopping when she felt the drift beginning to pull her into free fall.

Righting herself back up, she circled in search for a nest.
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
Sorry got caught up doing pack leadery things... @Amekaze Ferdie wants to show you something!!

for over 40 minutes Ferdie darted here and there across the under growth, chuffing like a pup and running like a fool slamming on the brakes and changing direction over and over again. His tail failing as he changed direction to help him keep balance.

Soon he had the young brown bunny trapped under a bush it lay there panicked and heaving almost ready to keel over due to exertion rather then allowing Ferdie to kill it.

Ferdie grinned evilly and lay down in front of the easiest way out of the bush but far enough back that he could see if it climbed out anywhere, so far it lay there, perhaps it was already dead??

As he panted his exhaustion he looked up as he often did since they came to the Sunspire, though not often did he see his Owl friend, but today however was different she lit up the skies with her presence, Ferdie loosed a howl and the baby bunny darted from the under the bush. He pounced up and chased it, to slow though now it had a head start.

40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Aryn tilted her head to the howl and smiled. She saw a familiar shape chasing after a rabbit, though with little luck. Pumping her wings, she quickly turned and chased the rabbit herself.

when she felt she was plenty close, she tucked in her wings and dove, spiraling as she went. At the last second, she opened her wingspan and stretched out her talons. With one fell swoop, the rabbit squeaked in terror for an instant before it's death. She pulled herself back up and circled, smiling down at Ferdie. "Long time no see, Alpha!"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

She had successfully slept through the hottest part of the day, as was beginning to become customary for her, who was prone to keeping the night shift lately. By the time the sun set and evening began to settle, she was just starting to come alive. Amekaze was just returning from near the borderlands at an easy jog.

It was the graceful flight of the owl overhead that caught her view first and turned her focus skyward, even from the distance she was at presently. She had spied it from a small distance away, watched quietly, and wondered why exactly Aryn the owl stuck with them. Not that she was complaining.

When a familiar howl rose up, her ears pricked and she began to jog towards it. Her gait gained speed steadily as mountainside terrain passed underfoot. In doing so, she found herself drawing nearer to the owl. Evidently, all three paths were soon to intersect. She was only a few moments later than the other too. Then, through the trees, she heard the rabbit's dying screech.

Her canter reduced to a bouncy trot upon seeing them, both Ferdie and Aryn, and she greeted them with a soft chuff and wiggled her tail against her knees.

[Image: 5ifpFkc.png?1]
i want to bleed in the 「r a i n
Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
The view Ferdie gets most of the time of Aryn

Ferdie Von Pelt chuffed taking no offense to the quick actions of Aryn, in fact he had quiet enjoyed the show. Hey, No fair that was mine! He bounded two more steps after her when Ame come near.

Ferdie Von Pelt's face brightened of it's own accord as his eyes flitted across her form and he changed direction the rabbit completely forgotten. (that is unless Aryn were to drop it on his head or something :P)

He bumped his muzzle to Ame's shoulder fondly and turned his gaze back up to Aryn Ame this is my good friend Aryn, I have always wanted to introduce her to you from the first moment I met her and found out she was willing to fraternize with us wolves. Likewise he introduced Ame to Aryn, though if he truly knew Ame's full name he would have used it he made a point of using wolfs full names Aryn this is my good friend Ame He was still oblivious to any feelings he have for her, such was his emotional walled existence

Ferdie offered Aryn a goober smile little did he know what that fraternizing may have cost her.

Sorry Aryn your character was the first one I think I have ever stalked seriously :P
40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
I'm flattered, actually. XP. I really like Aryn as a character. She's got a spunky, reckless personality but still holds a good sense of right and wrong. Plus she's had her fair share of hard times.

Aryn grinned and landed on the ground, with her tail feathers dragging across the ground. She held the bunny in her beak, muffling her hellos.

"Hello to you, Ame." She sputtered through summer fur, and looked between the two wolves and raised the rabbit a bit higher.

"Anybody want this? If not, I'll take it. I've only eaten once tonight, anyway."
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
<style type="text/css">.ame {margin:auto; width:530px; text-align:justify;font-size:11px;} .ame q {color:#7a2638; font-family:georgia;font-weight:bold;letter-spacing:1.3px;} .ame p {margin:0px;text-indent:30px;}</style>

Ferdie's greeting was received with a satisfied rumble from deep in her chest. She brushed her muzzle against his furs and her tail swayed, although remained lowered as the rest of her posture maintained a relaxed respected. While her ears were tilted towards Ferdie, her eyes were on the owl. Ah, greetings, she purled to the owl after she offered her own hello. She continued the wag of her tail softly in return, although knew the gesture may not have the fullest impact across species like this. Then again, this owl seemed a curious case.. perhaps one far more in tune to the ways of wolves than your average strigiform.

Aryn was interesting. Amekaze was keen to observe. Ferdie was one of the few who knew of her interest in birds, and she was pleased he brought them together like this. It is your kill, she chuffed, declining the offer politely. Although, if it was to belong to anyone else, it was probably Ferdie's. She had not seen the beginning of his hunt though. However, she was not hungry. How has the mountain been for you so far? she asked of the mottled bird, curious to her take on the Sunspire's living from the point of view much different from her own. All the while, she'd stayed comfortably close to Ferdie, her dark furs all but touching his.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —
sorry @nightingale and @aryn and you to Amekaze I suck big time

Ferdie Von Pelt grinned wolfishly, honored that the wee rabbit would become a meal, it was far to small for a wolf to enjoy, to many bones and to much fur. You go ahead my dearest Aryn, I enjoyed the chase, you enjoy the meal

Ferdie wanted to ask the both of them to race probably easiest at upper arrow lake but he waited.... albeit impatiently, giving Aryn the chance to eat and answer Ame's questions. Shifting his feet below him he watched both females of different species both amazing in their own ways.

It was fluke that Ferdie had come to meet Aryn that night but he was glad for every moment since. To bad he never got a chance to eat the fox that night, he should have, but that was just not his nature, idly and to distract himself he wondered just how and where that fox got off too.

40 Posts
Ooc — Jessica
Nodding to both in thanks, she tilted back her head and let the rabbit slide down her throat, whole. After a quick meal had been finished, she answered Ame's question by fluffing out her feathers and lifting her wings a bit as if to blanket herself. "Cold. The barn owl family isn't really meant to be at the higher, chillier elevations. So, I usually stay nearer to the base, its a bit warmer. Though..." she churred softly, "It might be warmer once I find a proper nesting area."

She lowered her wings and slimmed down to her normal size. "But home is still home, and its only a matter of time until I find the right tree cavity. Though I should do so soon... I might be in trouble when winter sets in, though that is still a considerable time away..."

She tilted her head as she focused more on the two, noting the closeness, even if she did mistake it to mean something entirely different. "Have you two found a nest- er, den, yet?"
2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior
lies you do not suck! i've been in a slump lately bc rl is being rude and it's making writing hard so this post feels wonky bc i'm out of it lol D:

She listened to the owl with rapt attention. To hear a bird's point of view was special and her eyes were glued to the feathered being. Really? I do not know much about.. owls, or their preferences, it seems, she smirked, although was hungry to learn more. I stayed on a seaside mountain for a while, and it harbored a large population of falcons.. but even they did not tend towards the higher slopes, she mentioned, knowing the falcons and owls had their differences in habits of course, but it was an interesting correlation.

Nodding, she agreed that finding a good spot to roost would be helpful in staying warm. She was not ready to fully prepare for winter yet, as she was too keen to enjoy the warm months while they still had them. The older she became, the less she liked the wintertime. I wonder if winter will come early this year. I fear it may, considering the.. more mild summer, she chuffed and splayed back her ears. She was wary making too bold of predictions just yet. Weather and seasons were temperamental sorts. So sooner may be better than later. Her eyes were glinted with vague worry, albeit only for a second.

She then looked to Ferdie, a bit more wide-eyed than before. Not.. exactly, she murmured, and switched her tail. She would not nest until winter forced her to, and even then it would reluctantly.

Loyal to the death
452 Posts
Ooc —

Ferdie Von Pelt smiled I don't know if Owls line their nests but when the season starts to change I will have lots of extra pelt to offer you for added warmth The question brought to the fore front of his mind the night after the finding of the hot springs when he and Ame slept beneath the trees upon the moss coated ground. It must have looked dreadful the next day having been covered in stray hair that he had plucked from them both.

Ferdie yawned even though he was not exactly tired, hoping to a switch in conversation. How about a race? from here to the oasis? He knew he'd lose against the Owl but if he and Ame manage to start before Aryn got to wing they may have a chance. He didn't wait he was scared of that question and of Ame's expression. He grinned his voice deep and playful his tail swaying over his back GO! Ferdie darted away

He was going to try the most direct route even though the terrian was more tricky. He was getting used to the rocks this slipped and tumbled below his paws, not firmly in place. Able to account for them and shift his paws subtlety if find the grip as his muscles bunched and sprung looking for the next foot hold. He bounded when he could barely watching the shrubs and greenery fly past him.

If the females did not join in the race then he would feel like quiet the fool, but that didn't matter he'd win by default then.

2,114 Posts
Ooc — gerra
Tactician
Warrior

She tilted her head in thought, unsure of whether or not owls lined their nests either. She could not say. While she was apt to watch birds, namely when they hunted, their nesting habits were not well understood by her because it was hard to get a good view of them oftentimes. However, her bird-watching habits were not that exhaustive, and more of a casual interest of hers that she picked up when times were right.

Then, Ferdie proposed a race. She pricked her ears and got to her feet, looking to the owl as he took off before anyone could even answer -- or really even think about one. She whuffed his way instead of wasting time on words because frankly, there was no time for it at this point; he had already left them in the dust and was long gone.

Without a second thought and only one last glance towards the owl, she lunged forward and broke into a run -- she was not one to pass on a challenge, after all. Ferdie had already put some space between them, but she pursued with determination and tried to match his pathways as sharply as she could. His route was direct and to the point she soon realized, so this was the wisest course. So it seemed..

He was fast, and despite her pinned ears and lengthened stride, she was not gaining noticeable ground on him just yet. Now more than ever she was envious of Aryn's ability to cover ground with just a few flaps of her wings.

She was focused. Together they ran (assuming the owl joined them, Amekaze did not have time to spare a look her way) across the Sunspire's terrain and the dark female felt joy light in her heart. She didn't care where they went, nor for how long. Simple moments like these would always be near and dear to her.